Universal Monsters x SHAG Folio 13 SHAG Release Discussion 1

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
automator
Nobody

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:26 pm

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for Universal Monsters x SHAG Folio 13 SHAG - 1st

KNEEL13
EB Team

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:27 pm

PRNewswire/­Dark Hall Mansion, http://www.DarkHallMansion.com is simply howling this Halloween season to announce its latest officially licensed release: DHM's "Universal Monsters x SHAG" Folio by leading contemporary artist SHAG.

Dark Hall Mansion, working with Universal Pictures Group, is proud to offer its one of a kind SHAG thriller, the "Universal Monsters x SHAG" Folio, an exclusive, officially licensed, limited edition 10-Print Folio that any horror collector or SHAG fan will be sure to appreciate.

See all prints available for viewing as they are revealed on our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dark-Hal ... 4752134162 or on our DHM Blog here: http://www.darkhallmansion.com/?page_id=476

A singular Folio like no other, SHAG has brought Universal's legendary Classic Monsters to life in his trademark style, incorporating legends Frankenstein, The Mummy, Dracula, The Wolf Man, Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Invisible Man, and a not to be missed Bride of Frankenstein, all, within a landscape that marries timeless horror films with characters that show us just how cool they were and forever will be.

Artist SHAG has crafted a Folio of 8 stunning individual 18" x 24" prints, plus one rather mind bending 2-print splash page panoramic that won't soon be forgotten. The sheer charm and pathos is at once evocative of Universal's legendary films while still pure SHAG. Look for SHAG touches like the painting on the wall of the Frankenstein Monster's pad, a keen reference to Maria and the purity of a tragically doomed friendship that the Monster reflects on to this day, a too sly Dracula with his brides, a relaxed Boris Karloff as the Mummy, showing just how he might unwind after finally recovering his Scroll of Thoth, maybe the Creature showboating for some poolside gals, or a passionate ladies' man Wolf Man is more your style, but no matter, because they're all here! ALL the Universal Classic Monsters, officially licensed by Universal Pictures, which was simply thrilled to see their legendary characters immersed in a universe that bridges their world with SHAG's distinctive and highly stylized own.

Each and every print will be individually numbered and signed by SHAG himself, each measuring 18″ x 24″ with full borders and an image area of 14.5" x 20.5" and with all prints being individually screen printed. This extraordinary Folio, which will come in its own custom SHAG-designed case, complete with COA, will be exclusively limited to just 150 Standard Edition Folios available-worldwide-for all Universal Horror and SHAG fans everywhere! A unique pairing of one of Hollywood's grandest studios with the singular artistic vision that is SHAG, Dark Hall Mansion is proud to finally unveil this project to collectors everywhere.

The Standard edition 10-print "Universal Monsters x SHAG" Folio will price at $1200, while an extremely limited SHAG 10-Print Variant Folio Edition will price at $1900-with only 50 of these select Variant Folio editions available for all collectors worldwide! All Folios will first be made available for purchase to buyers of DHM's prior SHAG release, who secured their advance purchase option then, and who will be notified by private email with a specific date (just upcoming) that they need complete their purchases by. But beginning with today's reveal, Dark Hall Mansion will also accept waiting list registrations for any potential remaining Folios which will be offered on a first come first served basis with details to follow, also by private email, to those registering with DHM. So just email us at: info@darkhallmansion.com with the words "SHAG x Universal" in the subject line and you will be promptly notified this week if any Folios are still available after
reserve buyers have been notified.

In fairness to all we ask that waiting list registrants please send ONLY ONE EMAIL, per household, and do understand that multiple registrations or redundant emails will disqualify your registration.

Thank you to all from Dark Hall Mansion and wishing everyone a very HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Universal Monsters x SHAG limited edition Folio series are created by Dark Hall Mansion. The Universal Studios Monsters are trademarks and copyrights of Universal Studios. Licensed by Universal Studios Licensing LLC. All Rights Reserved. Dark Hall Mansion is a labor of love. We are passionate about art, about the work of print and poster artists present and past, here and abroad, we are committed to bringing their skills to the forefront on projects both compelling and exciting, bridging their studios and creations directly with your walls and personal collections.

More information can be found on these and other editions available from Dark Hall Mansion at http://www.DarkHallMansion.com

MORE TO COME!
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:16 pm

I wonder when we are going to get the full reveal of all 10 prints, or 12 prints, or whatever is inside that folio. I wonder how many requests DHM has received for this. Patiently waiting on the e-mail that explains it all 8)
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
DarkHallMansion
Art Expert

Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:45 pm

cargoflipper wrote:I wonder when we are going to get the full reveal of all 10 prints, or 12 prints, or whatever is inside that folio. I wonder how many requests DHM has received for this. Patiently waiting on the e-mail that explains it all 8)
Hi Cargo, it's 10 prints total as detailed in the initial release (8 individual + a 2-print splash) and here's another, Dracula and his Brides, enjoy! :D

DHM
http://www.DarkHallMansion.com
DarkHallMansion
Art Expert

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:15 pm

And...The Wolf Man!

DHM
http://www.DarkHallMansion.com

Badbutch
Art Expert

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:20 pm

DAMN!!! I'm friggin' loving these! That Wolf Man is :drool:
"'Cause I'm a karate man! And a karate man bruises on the inside!" ~ Billy Ray Valentine
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:24 pm

let's see the last one
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:31 pm

Badbutch wrote:DAMN!!! I'm friggin' loving these! That Wolf Man is :drool:
middayshadows
Art Expert

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Nice stuff, definitely. That is a lotta moolah to put down at one time though.

Does the $1200 include tax and shipping?

Frankenstein and the Mummy are my faves.
Celsius
Flipper

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:44 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:let's see the last one
Last? There ARe 3 More Left!
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
Badbutch
Art Expert

Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:00 pm

There should be a Phantom and the two-piece spread.
"'Cause I'm a karate man! And a karate man bruises on the inside!" ~ Billy Ray Valentine
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:11 pm

Universal Monsters are SHRN.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
amb6883
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:24 pm

Just found 2k in an account I forgot about! Looks like I may actually be able to buy these. :clap:. Need to contact the bank tomorrow.
mrkyuss
Art God

Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:43 am

Codeblue wrote:Universal Monsters are SHRN.
Who?
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:44 am

Codeblue wrote: Acronyms are SHRN.
Fixed