we were fortunate... 07 Danger

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
yosi
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:54 pm

dr_flie wrote:
hawks10 wrote:
yosi wrote:Definitely need to get this framed soon.
I know...I have been talking about getting mine framed for awhile now...hopefully gonna take it in this weekend.
I got it framed right away. Love the way it looks. Now if I can only get my hands on a Ghost Ship..
That's a sweet frame job. I'm probably gonna do something similar.

Do you mind if I ask how much it cost you?
Maven
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:55 pm

clem99 wrote:
Maven wrote:Can a mod add an AP addition to this print? I picked one up from him at flatstock. I'm not sure of the run.
will need to know which paper to add ap of edition
Sorry, I didn't realize that this had devolved into a discussion of multiple prints.

There is an AP version of we were fortunate. I think most of the time he has 16-20 APs. At least that's what he told me at flatstock.
dr_flie
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:08 pm

yosi wrote:

It wasn't cheap. It came out to about $300+taxes. But I didn't really price shop and went with a trusted local framer.. so it's all safe.. i.e. acid-free, no scotch-tape..
yosi
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:13 pm

dr_flie wrote:
yosi wrote:

It wasn't cheap. It came out to about $300+taxes. But I didn't really price shop and went with a trusted local framer.. so it's all safe.. i.e. acid-free, no scotch-tape..
Got it. Yea, I might have to price shop a little bit more with mine, but yours definitely looks really nice!
dr_flie
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:20 pm

yosi wrote:
dr_flie wrote:
yosi wrote:

Got it. Yea, I might have to price shop a little bit more with mine, but yours definitely looks really nice!
The picture doesn't really do it justice. only thing is it's a little heavy, so I've had to make sure to have a really strong hook in my wall.. so paranoid it'll fall off and shatter.
clem99
EB Team

Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:50 pm

tranito wrote:
clem99 wrote:
Maven wrote:Can a mod add an AP addition to this print? I picked one up from him at flatstock. I'm not sure of the run.
will need to know which paper to add ap of edition
We were fortunate, only has 1 edition of 80, not to confuse with Don't worry..., which has the 4 editons now...this is misleading cause of the pic of the 3 eds of Don't worry... we are in the We were fortunate thread right?? :lol:
you got me there :lol: i just woke up amd seen steve's frame up of "dont worry" :lol: i am pretty sure daniel has the ap editions set aside for his subholders and then whats left is sold at shows etc
art is the only justification for pain :)
cropduster1998
Art Enthusiast

Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:35 pm

guyforget wrote:Thats a pretty slick frame job, dr_flie. Its so large, its almost like a window looking out upon that scene...

I should have a set, but Ive never seen it. I had/have? a DD sub from like a year and a half ago, and well... yeah. Hope to see all this shizz one day.
Going on 19 months according to my calculations? ugh...
clem99
EB Team

Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:17 pm

cropduster1998 wrote:
guyforget wrote:Thats a pretty slick frame job, dr_flie. Its so large, its almost like a window looking out upon that scene...

I should have a set, but Ive never seen it. I had/have? a DD sub from like a year and a half ago, and well... yeah. Hope to see all this shizz one day.
Going on 19 months according to my calculations? ugh...
lot of good posters there waiting to be seen :wink:
ill
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:40 pm

dr_flie wrote:
yosi wrote:
dr_flie wrote:
yosi wrote:

The picture doesn't really do it justice. only thing is it's a little heavy, so I've had to make sure to have a really strong hook in my wall.. so paranoid it'll fall off and shatter.
That looks great. It's pretty much framed the same way I did mine... and yeah, the thing is really heavy.

clem99
EB Team

Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:45 pm

hmmm they both look good, i am leaning to separate frames though, well done dr flie and ill
obsel
Art Enthusiast

Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:40 am

I ended up doing 3 separate frames myself. Looks pretty sweet. My only gripe about this piece is that you need a well lit area to have the prints truly shine. Some of the inks used don't show up over the black bg unless a lot of light shines on. Framed these myself using anti UV anti reflection glass. Can you say expensive :(
kyle
Art Expert

Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:02 am

obsel wrote:I ended up doing 3 separate frames myself. Looks pretty sweet. My only gripe about this piece is that you need a well lit area to have the prints truly shine. Some of the inks used don't show up over the black bg unless a lot of light shines on. Framed these myself using anti UV anti reflection glass. Can you say expensive :(
but it looks like you did a great job !

yeah they definitely look best when well lit.
jjbehren
Flipper

Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:49 pm

That looks really cool, like a window looking out at that ghostly scene. I'd try to do the same thing but match the windows in my house. Well, considering my windows are double-hung ancient piles of fudge that the -20 degree Minnesota air blows right through, that might not be that easy. But a cool idea none the less.
automator
Nobody

Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:26 pm

New image we were fortunate... 07 Danger

automator
Nobody

Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:26 pm

New image we were fortunate... 07 Danger