we were fortunate... 07 Danger

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
yosi
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:55 pm

kyle wrote:i am starting to get very concerned that mine isn't going to make it to me...

not blaming daniel at all, just frustrated with the mail peoples.

that would be a huge bummer.

i shall remain optimistic, i know i was lucky to even order one.
Uh, being lucky enough to order one and not getting it is definitely less lucky than not getting one at all.
tranito
Art Expert

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:11 pm

Talking about originals being sold seperatly in the Wootini thread, thought it would fit better here :

I think it's pretty nice too, though I found something is missing when looking at those originals separately. They look great, but I think it is a case of the total is greater than the sum of its parts. The tryptich look so well balanced I mean I don't feel like it's just 3 similar prints that have been put together randomly. When I received my tryptich set, I first saw one of the 3 while unrolling and yes I was impressed, but it was nothing close to what I saw when putting them side by side...then I was stunned. Only sharing my experience... I also tried switching the order and without any doubt ended up putting them the way DD did it. Just for that I'm tempted framing them in the same frame even though people don't recommend it... maybe in 3 thin metal frames and hanging them very close could have the same effect to .. dunno...

Anyone has risked himself framing this?? We'll have to discuss this seriously eventually..
jamel-d
Art Freak

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:42 pm

tranito wrote:Anyone has risked himself framing this?? We'll have to discuss this seriously eventually..
haven't framed this but I did frame Dave Kinsey's Social Distortion diptych under one glass. You can do the same with this and put one black mat board over them with the three openings evenly spaced with a thin black frame. It would then look like an uncut version. Yet you would still have the separation.
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:15 pm

kyle wrote:i am starting to get very concerned that mine isn't going to make it to me...

not blaming daniel at all, just frustrated with the mail peoples.

that would be a huge bummer.

i shall remain optimistic, i know i was lucky to even order one.
i'm in the same situation. i emailed daniel, but nothing back thus far. i did get my other tube with the show prints in it, so perhaps they're being sent later? not sure, but again, i feel yr pain.
tranito
Art Expert

Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:41 pm

jamel-d wrote:
tranito wrote:Anyone has risked himself framing this?? We'll have to discuss this seriously eventually..
haven't framed this but I did frame Dave Kinsey's Social Distortion diptych under one glass. You can do the same with this and put one black mat board over them with the three openings evenly spaced with a thin black frame. It would then look like an uncut version. Yet you would still have the separation.
I don't remember in which thread it was, but a few members strongly recommended to not attempt to frame a tryptic set this big in the same frame...I think it was by experience too so... I've stayed with that idea in mind even if I don't really understand why, but perhaps making it harder to hang, harder to manipulate and more fragile.

I think it would look badass the way you describe it too.. and at least half the cost of 3 separate frames... I would need to see some examples to make up my mind..I think both ways could look awesome, but would not want to regret my choice..

I might ask Mr. Danger's opinion on this one...
ill
Art Expert

Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:53 pm

This is currently top in the frame queue and it's going in 3 separate frames. I'm playing with some framing ideas trying to get it just right, but I'll post pictures when they're finished.
db23
Art Expert

Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:49 pm

different prints but...

that was for my girl and she wanted 'em framed together. she didn't care if there was going to be a 4th, 5th, 6th edition, etc.
Maven
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:59 am

Can a mod add an AP addition to this print? I picked one up from him at flatstock. I'm not sure of the run.
clem99
EB Team

Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:32 pm

Maven wrote:Can a mod add an AP addition to this print? I picked one up from him at flatstock. I'm not sure of the run.
will need to know which paper to add ap of edition
art is the only justification for pain :)
yosi
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:35 pm

Definitely need to get this framed soon.
hawks10
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:36 pm

yosi wrote:Definitely need to get this framed soon.
I know...I have been talking about getting mine framed for awhile now...hopefully gonna take it in this weekend.
tranito
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:37 pm

clem99 wrote:
Maven wrote:Can a mod add an AP addition to this print? I picked one up from him at flatstock. I'm not sure of the run.
will need to know which paper to add ap of edition
We were fortunate, only has 1 edition of 80, not to confuse with Don't worry..., which has the 4 editons now...this is misleading cause of the pic of the 3 eds of Don't worry... we are in the We were fortunate thread right?? :lol:
yosi
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:39 pm

hawks10 wrote:
I know...I have been talking about getting mine framed for awhile now...hopefully gonna take it in this weekend.
I'd like to get mine framed this weekend, but don't know if I have the time or money, yet. But as soon as I do, this is at the top of my list.
dr_flie
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:41 pm

hawks10 wrote:
I got it framed right away. Love the way it looks. Now if I can only get my hands on a Ghost Ship..
guyforget
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:51 pm

Thats a pretty slick frame job, dr_flie. Its so large, its almost like a window looking out upon that scene...

I should have a set, but Ive never seen it. I had/have? a DD sub from like a year and a half ago, and well... yeah. Hope to see all this shizz one day.
pjtaper wrote: I'm glad EMEK knows I'm not a flipper