Fargo 13 Domaradzki

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:07 am

rka00 wrote:
FridayThe13th wrote:
xangelx wrote:Not really sure what you guys are seeing in this one. I was eagerly waiting the reveal on this and I have to admit I'm underwhelmed. I mean its good, but I don't think it's awesome or something I'd definitely hang. Still think a really amazing Fargo poster has yet to appear. :(
Agreed. The print is nice but doesn't capture the vibe of the movie at all. Should have gone with a simpler design, which is what was teased.

Aside from the weird placement of Stormare, the "R" in Fargo is way too close to Margie's head.

yeah, but that Tru-Coat...
I can't believe we are doing this, but for you I'll knock five hundred bucks off.
Danny4342
Art Expert

Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:05 am

FridayThe13th wrote:
xangelx wrote:Not really sure what you guys are seeing in this one. I was eagerly waiting the reveal on this and I have to admit I'm underwhelmed. I mean its good, but I don't think it's awesome or something I'd definitely hang. Still think a really amazing Fargo poster has yet to appear. :(
Agreed. The print is nice but doesn't capture the vibe of the movie at all. Should have gone with a simpler design, which is what was teased.

Aside from the weird placement of Stormare, the "R" in Fargo is way too close to Margie's head.
You should probably get a refund on your sub if you're not "feeling" this one either.... :P

I'll give you that the R in the title may be a little close, but I don't think in any way that this ruins the print for me. Not even close. As for the "weird" placement of Stormare, I don't see that it's strange in any way - this is a collage after all - I think the character's size and placement fits perfectly within the composition. I can see that some may not like the bleed effect there, but I actually love it - it's a bold flourish that I think fits Stormare's character perfectly - a killer with a heart as black as oil...

Not really sure what you mean when you say that the print is not capturing the vibe of the movie? The film is full of interesting characters - many are represented and yet they still only take up 50% of the piece. IMO the print exudes the essence of the film - isolation, suspense and confusion. Short of ignoring all of the characters and having the teased image set against a field of snow, I'm not sure what you were expecting - it's not as though Domaradzki hasn't tackled a collage print before - with a film as rich in character as this, wouldn't you have felt robbed not to have seen at so many of them?. I prefer the colorway of the variant by far, as it speaks even more to the desolation of the film, but if the reg was all that was available, I'd take that in a second!!

To me this print is just another in a long line of Gabz successes - you guys are entitled to your opinion, but I wholeheartedly disagree - this IS a really amazing Fargo poster.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image
meskell
Art Expert

Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:47 pm

Danny4342 wrote:I'll give you that the R in the title may be a little close, but I don't think in any way that this ruins the print for me. Not even close. As for the "weird" placement of Stormare, I don't see that it's strange in any way - this is a collage after all - I think the character's size and placement fits perfectly within the composition. I can see that some may not like the bleed effect there, but I actually love it - it's a bold flourish that I think fits Stormare's character perfectly - a killer with a heart as black as oil...

Not really sure what you mean when you say that the print is not capturing the vibe of the movie? The film is full of interesting characters - many are represented and yet they still only take up 50% of the piece. IMO the print exudes the essence of the film - isolation, suspense and confusion. Short of ignoring all of the characters and having the teased image set against a field of snow, I'm not sure what you were expecting - it's not as though Domaradzki hasn't tackled a collage print before - with a film as rich in character as this, wouldn't you have felt robbed not to have seen at so many of them?. I prefer the colorway of the variant by far, as it speaks even more to the desolation of the film, but if the reg was all that was available, I'd take that in a second!!

To me this print is just another in a long line of Gabz successes - you guys are entitled to your opinion, but I wholeheartedly disagree - this IS a really amazing Fargo poster.
carl showalter wrote:I'm not gonna debate you, Danny. I'm not gonna sit here and debate
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
bigmclargehuge1
Art Expert

Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:57 pm

I think this is one of those where the jpeg isn't going to do the finished product justice. Variant wins by a mile for me, just not digging that big red gradient. Regardless that's two killer prints by Gabz already in this subscription, hoping there will be more! :clap:
Danny4342
Art Expert

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:13 pm

bigmclargehuge1 wrote:I think this is one of those where the jpeg isn't going to do the finished product justice. Variant wins by a mile for me, just not digging that big red gradient. Regardless that's two killer prints by Gabz already in this subscription, hoping there will be more! :clap:
Ya!! :clap:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image
jkw3000
EB Team

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:19 pm

I love the poster but still find Gabz' overdetailing on the faces to be too distracting. Hoping he would've toned that down, given how the last three pieces I've seen of his (Predator commission, Pacific Rim, Apocalypse Now giclee) were real stunners. That said, fully admit that's more my personal aesthetic taste and as a whole, it's a GREAT Fargo piece.

Should've made the variant a woodchipper blood red though. ;-)
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Navinabob
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:57 pm

Aside from the R being a bit close (I didn't really notice until it was mentioned), this is a home run print.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Hype!

bdown
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:39 pm

Will this see an online release?
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:26 pm

bdown wrote:Will this see an online release?
It will. We didn't take everything to the screening. We are hoping to have a release date very soon. Until then, I'll see if I can't get some detail pics for all of you! :pint:
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
tehhippy
Art Expert

Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:27 pm

RomanMorales wrote:
bdown wrote:Will this see an online release?
It will. We didn't take everything to the screening. We are hoping to have a release date very soon. Until then, I'll see if I can't get some detail pics for all of you! :pint:
whiskaz wrote:Tomorrow. Between 12-1PM CST.

http://oddcityentertainment.com/fargo-b ... -sale-827/
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:25 am

A few Fargo Detail pics for you to glance over.

I can't wait for all of you to see the pearlescent inks on both of these! FARGO by Gabz will go on sale at a random time between 12pm-1pm CST. Please see the store for details. :pint:

http://www.oddcitystore.com

"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
xlax1105
Art Enthusiast

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:28 pm

+1 variant....pumped
tnt737373
Art Enthusiast

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Snagged a variant. One of my favorite crime capers, I think this looks incredible. The pearlescent paper reminds me of the whole TruCoat thing from the movie, ha.

So do Gabz's prints tend to go fairly quickly or not? I treated this like a Mondo drop, which I'm thinking wasn't necessary at all. lol It's been over a half hour since drop and the variant is still available so I overestimated the craze for Gabz I guess. Think this is a perfect print to represent Fargo, excited to see more pics.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage