Private Commission Club

General art-related discussion.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:50 pm

Ctg9095 wrote:
talkingdeads wrote:This thread feels like 1830 and you all just got a relocation notice. Prepare yourselves for the journey.
fudge, half of the commission group is going to die of dysentery if that's the case...
Oregon Trail print. Lets do this
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
ajcobb25
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:21 am

Alright, who is Larry in the FB group? You seriously couldn't have thought "I am not a fan of your face" was a real comeback to the constructive criticism you posted on my suggestion. I mean what are we turning into here people? :roll:
Image Image
bert
Art Expert

Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:34 am

ajcobb25 wrote:Alright, who is Larry in the FB group? You seriously couldn't have thought "I am not a fan of your face" was a real comeback to the constructive criticism you posted on my suggestion. I mean what are we turning into here people? :roll:
I'm not Larry, but I thought your post came across as rude, I dunno why you're rolling your eyes. Maybe think for a moment before you post?
ConstantStruggle
Art Expert

Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:08 am

burritos > Life
grizzlyadams
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:10 am

(people + opinions + $$$ + prints) x opinions = :pint:
snitches get stitches.
Poeschel55

Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:14 am

bert wrote:
ajcobb25 wrote:Alright, who is Larry in the FB group? You seriously couldn't have thought "I am not a fan of your face" was a real comeback to the constructive criticism you posted on my suggestion. I mean what are we turning into here people? :roll:
I'm not Larry, but I thought your post came across as rude, I dunno why you're rolling your eyes. Maybe think for a moment before you post?
this is exactly why i will not partake in this fiasco.

too many people with way too many opinions.
selenite
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:46 am

Sorry dude, saying "I am not a fan of your face" on the internet will never be taken as a joke unless you say it to a sibling or a lifelong friend. And then it's still not "funny".
ajcobb25
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:53 pm

selenite wrote:

Sorry dude, saying "I am not a fan of your face" on the internet will never be taken as a joke unless you say it to a sibling or a lifelong friend. And then it's still not "funny".
Did I miss the moment when the "your face" stupid comeback became a real, insulting thing? For those of you who have never heard of such a thing:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... our%20face

What world are we living in where the "your face" joke is always seen as an actual insult?
Image Image
mattg
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:54 pm

selenite wrote:

This reminds me of the "jive turkey" scene in Semi-Pro
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:00 pm

How about we add a no drama/bullshit rule? One time and you're out.

We'd probably be down to about 15 people in a week.
ajcobb25
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:04 pm

mattg wrote:
selenite wrote:

:rolling: Thank you for that. That's exactly how I feel right now. Confused and befuddled. At least we can't pull guns on the interwebz or I would be dead for the "your face" comeback. Next time I'll use the more widely known "your mom" comeback so as to avoid any confusion. :hanging:
Image Image
jeter0204
Art Expert

Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:06 pm

Fighting will not be tolerated in the group so please try and keep it civil and the debates stay clean and respectful. You will be removed from the group if we feel you are causing too much trouble.
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:07 pm

ajcobb25 wrote:
mattg wrote:
selenite wrote:

:rolling: Thank you for that. That's exactly how I feel right now. Confused and befuddled. At least we can't pull guns on the interwebz or I would be dead for the "your face" comeback. Next time I'll use the more widely known "your mom" comeback so as to avoid any confusion. :hanging:
I know you are but what am I?
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:10 pm

ajcobb25 wrote:
selenite wrote:

Did I miss the moment when the "your face" stupid comeback became a real, insulting thing? For those of you who have never heard of such a thing:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... our%20face

What world are we living in where the "your face" joke is always seen as an actual insult?
From your link, "This saying will also get your friends or ANYONE pissed". So, exactly how is this not an "insulting thing" if it is going to get someone pissed? It is just an immature comeback; as noted, when you have nothing else to comeback with.
charter
Art Expert

Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:13 pm

Admins need to comb through the group and cull the turds.