darkturkish
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:41 pm

Children of Men needs a print!
Just a dude collecting paper
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:42 pm

trarex wrote:You're right to many opinions to many ideas killed this the last 2 times a big group of us tried this.
Call it a mystery print by a mystery artist throw in your money and trust the guys leading it.
A group this big will never be all in agreement on one thing.
Pretty much. I feel like the group is big enough that if it had to decide between 2-3 possible properties, that would be the most feasible option while making it easier for people to opt in or out.

As long as people treat this commission group more like a subscription to get prints of certain properties they'd like, as opposed to a group that can have a say on every drawn and inked detail, the problems should be smaller.

Again, a lot of people who aren't in any commission groups would love one of those commissioned pieces (Englert Aliens, Gabz Predator) and that's without having any input in the works themselves...
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Corsair
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:52 pm

Not trying to toot my own horn, but it wouldn't be any problem to pull up a Google Drive and have people submit their top three suggestions. Tally them up, vote again, and see what the result is, and how people feel about it. That's, IMO, a better idea than commissioning a mystery print. At least give people the chance to opt out.
Now watch what you say, or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable.
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:03 pm

Got an official ruling from the EB administrators and I dropped EB from the name of the group. We all know where we met and this was started.

Thanks,
David
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
Albah
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:17 pm

I think a Facebook vote would be just as sufficient. Gather some interest and choose 3-5 options. Then vote. Top gets picked. Second can be added to the queue or same idea but different artist? I like where this is headed. Great idea David! :clap: :pint:
fnord
Art Expert

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:29 pm

This' what I'd do. Start with large list, vote until it's a small list. Let the artist pick which.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a scientific solution for this problem.
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
haza78
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:31 pm

fourthstooge wrote:Got an official ruling from the EB administrators and I dropped EB from the name of the group. We all know where we met and this was started.

Thanks,
David

will we rename the group?
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:34 pm

haza78 wrote:
fourthstooge wrote:Got an official ruling from the EB administrators and I dropped EB from the name of the group. We all know where we met and this was started.

Thanks,
David
will we rename the group?
PPCC
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
outpour
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:38 pm

I think Gabz could do a great Robocop.
trarex
Art Expert

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:40 pm

You guys don't get this and never will , if it take debate to decide to the artist , the subject, the color , the paper nothing will ever get done.
You joined because you believe in the leadership to lead and believe they will make the best decision.
Let them drymounting do it.
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:42 pm

outpour wrote:I think Gabz could do a great Robocop.
I'm fine with Stout's.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
haza78
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:43 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
I'm fine with Stout's.
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:48 pm

trarex wrote:You guys don't get this and never will , if it take debate to decide to the artist , the subject, the color , the paper nothing will ever get done.
You joined because you believe in the leadership to lead and believe they will make the best decision.
Let them drymounting do it.
I'm fine with just picking the movie, or at the very least picking a few and letting the artist pick what they think they could do best. If we had different leaders we'd end up with 30 different drymounting JP prints or some other overdone movie. Christ, the post right above this said Robocop. Hasn't Mondo already done like, 5 Robocop prints?

I'm all for just throwing money into a bucket for a commissioned movie poster of a movie I like. The rest can be a gamble. Hell, artists I LOVE have done prints I don't like, so it's not like there is some guarantee if I pick the artist that it's going to be whatever I dream of.
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
ohkay
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:51 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
I'm fine with Stout's.
I wish I had Stout's so I could be fine with that :P
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:51 pm

I'm all for movies that haven't had the poster treatment yet, or don't have something exceptionally cool already. Case in point, Fight Club. Or Road House.