Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:56 pm

questkid32 wrote:Why is it that 7/10 people to ask a question at a panel at any given con have a stupid or unanswerable question? I've never been to a panel where there hasn't been, at least, a good handful of questions that make everyone else embarrassed for them.
Because people don't have filters and are idiots. Like the people who ask for the name plates of the celebs or ask for their autographs, etc. etc. even after they tell them not to multiple times.
Last edited by jeter0204 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
cutterbutter
Art Expert

Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:58 pm

When do doors open today?
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:59 pm

jeter0204 wrote:
questkid32 wrote:Why is it that 7/10 people to ask a question at a panel at any given con have a stupid or unanswerable question? I've never been to a panel where there hasn't been, at least, a good handful of questions that make everyone else embarrassed for them.
Because people don't have filters and are idiots. Like the people who ask for the name plates of the celebs or ask for their autographs, etc. etc. even after they tell them not to multiple times.
Thus proving that this forum/hobby isn't the only collection of entitled idiots in this world. HUZZAH! :pint:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:01 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:
Thus proving that this forum/hobby isn't the only collection of entitled idiots in this world. HUZZAH! :pint:
Speak for yourselves...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
isunktheship
Art Expert

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:22 pm

jeter0204 wrote:Because people don't have filters and are idiots. Like the people who ask for the name plates of the celebs or ask for their autographs, etc. etc. even after they tell them not to multiple times.
Yeah, that fudge grinds my gears, I saw Kevin Smith last year, and some 14 year old kid basically gave them some sob story about his family and how he really wanted to hang out with Kevin after the show at whatever bar/club they were going to.

The plot twist here is Kevin said yes, cuz he's THE MAN, and.. idk what ended up happening, but fudge!
Creation88 wrote:no top tier artists: no stout, no moss, no taylor, no horkey, no ansin
questkid32
Art Expert

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:30 pm

isunktheship wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:Because people don't have filters and are idiots. Like the people who ask for the name plates of the celebs or ask for their autographs, etc. etc. even after they tell them not to multiple times.
Yeah, that fudge grinds my gears, I saw Kevin Smith last year, and some 14 year old kid basically gave them some sob story about his family and how he really wanted to hang out with Kevin after the show at whatever bar/club they were going to.

The plot twist here is Kevin said yes, cuz he's THE MAN, and.. idk what ended up happening, but fudge!
The best is the 28 year old mouth breather who stands up in front of 400 people and asks the A-List Hollywood director how he can break into Hollywood while he waves a copy of his shitty script up in the air, held tightly by his sausage fingers.
Frankabilia
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:34 pm

This isn't Mondo related, but I know many people on EB have requested Boondock Saints prints in the past. So for those of you NOT going to SDCC, this is being released online tomorrow. This is the first and only officially licensed Boondock Saints print, and Tim Doyle absolutely killed it!

http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspo ... doyle.html
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:34 pm

questkid32 wrote:
isunktheship wrote:

The best is the 28 year old mouth breather who stands up in front of 400 people and asks the A-List Hollywood director how he can break into Hollywood while he waves a copy of his shitty script up in the air, held tightly by his sausage fingers.
TITs made it to SDCC?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
cmatthews11
Art Expert

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:39 pm

Frankabilia wrote:This isn't Mondo related, but I know many people on EB have requested Boondock Saints prints in the past. So for those of you NOT going to SDCC, this is being released online tomorrow. This is the first and only officially licensed Boondock Saints print, and Tim Doyle absolutely killed it!

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
IndyDMBFan
Art Expert

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:43 pm

cmatthews11 wrote:
Frankabilia wrote:This isn't Mondo related, but I know many people on EB have requested Boondock Saints prints in the past. So for those of you NOT going to SDCC, this is being released online tomorrow. This is the first and only officially licensed Boondock Saints print, and Tim Doyle absolutely killed it!

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Who's the guy up top? Martin Sheen?
partpat
Art Freak

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:57 pm

That's goddamn awful and why are you posting this fudge in the mondo thread during the peak of SDCC speculation :crazy:
yingko
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:05 pm

Tong, Vania and Thorpe PR's are the only "archive" stuff.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:06 pm

finneganm wrote:With the absence of the Schwarzenegger/Weathers handshake, this print does not adequately depict the movie for me.
Finneganm, you SON of a bitch. 8)
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
vintagevinyl
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 pm

That print is BAD. And no, not in a good way
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:08 pm

partpat wrote:

That's goddamn awful and why are you posting this fudge in the mondo thread during the peak of SDCC speculation :crazy:
Obi Wan Kenobi was in Boondock?