Phantom of the Opera 13 Durieux Release Discussion 06/06/13

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
School
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:02 pm

cycloned wrote:I handled the drop with DHM this time. I can assure everyone that their server was setup to handle the drop and did handle the drop. (300+ orders in 1 minute is astounding)

Main point to bear in mind though RE the white page:

DHM operate a static html page as their drop page. Updating it leaves it momentarily blank (ie white page). That's the system for now. I've talked to them - it's something we can adress in the future. But right now it's a case of refresh and it'll re appear. Sadly, I understand that due to some people's connection speed and sheer demand this refresh can be one refresh too many and leave you on the 'sold out' page you didn't want to see.

The edition sold extremely fast. 300+ people were able to grab one. Sorry if you were not one of them. However, it really was as even a playing field as it is going to get this time. Once again - understand the disappointment, I've felt it before on other releases. However, everyone had the same access this time to exactly the same page on a server system which could probably host EB 5x over. As long as DHM are willing, I will of course work with them to try and streamline their process and make it smoother for everyone but when you have so many people after a print and a limited quantity to sell there is always going to be some disappointment

doesnt eb crash after every stout drop.. i still think a white screen blows
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:02 pm

gonzo303 wrote:This thread is full of flippers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
uglyyoungin
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:03 pm

Looks like my friend wants to let his go not near cost.... pm me if you'd like to pick up one.
toobs
Art Expert

DarkHallMansion wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Another DHM shitshow!
As a matter of fact Code, there is absolutely NO story to tell other than massive Laurent demand. The NEW IT firm has massive capacity, Cloud hosted, and handled by the exact programmer and firm that handles all of EB's own site management. Paypal kept up, all editions were gone instantly. New IT firm already reported back that there was more server capacity than was even needed. It's unfortunate for those that weren't able to secure a print, but the page functioned correctly.

Thanks guys,

DHM
http://www.DarkHallMansion.com
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
rubberneck
Art God

uglyyoungin wrote:Looks like my friend wants to let his go not near cost.... pm me if you'd like to pick up one.
So a flip then?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Ctg9095
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:04 pm

lilorphanFunkhouser
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:05 pm

brndfrmd wrote:Pieces of fudge!
:lol:
アキラImage
"Gkohler"-it only takes 1 idiot to throw that much cash at something for it to instantly be "worth" that much.
"Celsius"- Welcome to Expressobeans, bitch.
cycloned
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Appreciate the comments. No doubt the system could be better, but I'd take a static page which might go white for a bit over a lagging checkout system any day. Of course there are things to be learned and hopefully DHM will be able to implement them going forward.

And just to add, I have amended my original post:

Just to make it clear - if you were getting the white page then everyone was at that time. It's not browser specific. Simply what you would have got at that given time of loading the page. It was not specific to any specific person or browser - simply a case of refreshing at that particular release point. Level playing field on this one.
Last edited by cycloned on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skis007
Art Expert

DarkHallMansion wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Another DHM shitshow!
As a matter of fact Code, there is absolutely NO story to tell other than massive Laurent demand. The NEW IT firm has massive capacity, Cloud hosted, and handled by the exact programmer and firm that handles all of EB's own site management. Paypal kept up, all editions were gone instantly. New IT firm already reported back that there was more server capacity than was even needed. It's unfortunate for those that weren't able to secure a print, but the page functioned correctly.

Thanks guys,

DHM
lilorphanFunkhouser
Art Expert

uglyyoungin wrote:Looks like my friend wants to let his go not near cost.... pm me if you'd like to pick up one.
アキラImage
"Gkohler"-it only takes 1 idiot to throw that much cash at something for it to instantly be "worth" that much.
"Celsius"- Welcome to Expressobeans, bitch.
rizzuh
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:08 pm

cycloned wrote:Appreciate the comments.

Just to make it clear - if you were getting the white page then everyone was at that time. It's not browser specific. Simply what you would have got at that given time of loading the page. It was not specific to any specific person or browser - simply a case of refreshing at that particular release point. Level playing field on this one.
So I guess that explains the white screen remaining even after 10+ more refreshes then, right? :roll:
DarkHallMansion
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:11 pm

Codeblue wrote:Someone should start a DHM shitshow poll.

Well, that's always been the case with whatever odd obsession you have with us, Code, isn't it? Since our launch you've never had a kind word for us or our releases, no matter what anyone has to share that's positive. The only times we even see you come running onto a DHM thread is with this same tired commentary. Never understood it, it's certainly your right, clearly you don't seem to be a customer nor interested in our offerings, but taking shots at us on a regular basis seems to be pretty important to you. But we'll continue to do our best, release our artist's best projects for those interested and appreciative of it and trust in collector's making their own assessments.

DHM
Solar
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:12 pm

cycloned wrote:Appreciate the comments. No doubt the system could be better, but I'd take a static page which might go white for a bit over a lagging checkout system any day. Of course there are things to be learned and hopefully DHM will be able to implement them going forward.

Yeah, I don't think so. I was refreshing as fast as I could press F5 and the first time content appeared both woods already had 'sold out' text. There's no way that 20 people clicked add to cart, typed their password and clicked submit in the ~1 second between my last white screen and the shop page. Also, people were putting up +1s on this thread while I was still reloading a white page.

I'm just trying to help here - there is still a problem with the site.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:13 pm

DarkHallMansion wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Someone should start a DHM shitshow poll.

Well, that's always been the case with whatever odd obsession you have with us, Code, isn't it? Since our launch you've never had a kind word for us or our releases, no matter what anyone has to share that's positive. The only times we even see you come running onto a DHM thread is with this same tired commentary. Never understood it, it's certainly your right, clearly you don't seem to be a customer nor interested in our offerings, but taking shots at us on a regular basis seems to be pretty important to you. But we'll continue to do our best, release our artist's best projects for those interested and appreciative of it and trust in collector's making their own assessments.

DHM
DHM,
I think you may be taking internet form-speak (ie. groupthink) too seriously.

If you could address the low run issue, that would be great though.
Solar
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:13 pm

Double post
Last edited by Solar on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.