Phantom of the Opera 13 Durieux Release Discussion 06/06/13

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:55 pm

Poeschel55 wrote:
DarkHallMansion wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Another DHM shitshow!
As a matter of fact Code, there is absolutely NO story to tell other than massive Laurent demand. The NEW IT firm has massive capacity, Cloud hosted, and handled by the exact programmer and firm that handles all of EB's own site management. Paypal kept up, all editions were gone instantly. New IT firm already reported back that there was more server capacity than was even needed. It's unfortunate for those that weren't able to secure a print, but the page functioned correctly.

Thanks guys,

DHM
http://www.DarkHallMansion.com
just a quick response...how did the site function correctly when half the people using different browsers got the white screen while others didnt? not bitching or anything, but you might want to look into that since the host said there would be no more problems.

was the code written to white screen everyone then show up? because i checked the code prior to drop and saw nothing of that written...

again, not bitching, but just curious. i was lucky on metropolis, so i guess it was my turn to not have a chance.
don't you see the clappy hands emoticon I quoted? DOESN'T THAT MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU???????
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:56 pm

Someone should start a DHM shitshow poll.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jesseindisguise
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:56 pm

Codeblue wrote:Someone should start a DHM shitshow poll.
Blake wrote:Always Be Tubing.
Poeschel55

Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:57 pm

RiotAct wrote:
Poeschel55 wrote:
DarkHallMansion wrote:
As a matter of fact Code, there is absolutely NO story to tell other than massive Laurent demand. The NEW IT firm has massive capacity, Cloud hosted, and handled by the exact programmer and firm that handles all of EB's own site management. Paypal kept up, all editions were gone instantly. New IT firm already reported back that there was more server capacity than was even needed. It's unfortunate for those that weren't able to secure a print, but the page functioned correctly.

Thanks guys,

DHM
just a quick response...how did the site function correctly when half the people using different browsers got the white screen while others didnt? not bitching or anything, but you might want to look into that since the host said there would be no more problems.

was the code written to white screen everyone then show up? because i checked the code prior to drop and saw nothing of that written...

again, not bitching, but just curious. i was lucky on metropolis, so i guess it was my turn to not have a chance.
don't you see the clappy hands emoticon I quoted? DOESN'T THAT MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU???????
means nothing. these are not the emoticons i was looking for
School
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:57 pm

Poeschel55 wrote:
DarkHallMansion wrote:

Thanks guys,

DHM

i also got the white screen for about 20 seconds, to me that worked like balls
cycloned
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:58 pm

I handled the drop with DHM this time. I can assure everyone that their server was setup to handle the drop and did handle the drop.

Main point to bear in mind though RE the white page:

DHM operate a static html page as their drop page. Updating it leaves it momentarily blank (ie white page). That's the system for now. I've talked to them - it's something we can adress in the future. But right now it's a case of refresh and it'll re appear. Sadly, I understand that due to some people's connection speed and sheer demand this refresh can be one refresh too many and leave you on the 'sold out' page you didn't want to see.

Just to make it clear - if you were getting the white page then everyone was at that time. It's not browser specific. Simply what you would have got at that given time of loading the page. It was not specific to any specific person or browser - simply a case of refreshing at that particular release point. Level playing field on this one.

The edition sold extremely fast. 300+ people were able to grab one. Sorry if you were not one of them. However, it really was as even a playing field as it is going to get this time. Once again - understand the disappointment, I've felt it before on other releases. However, everyone had the same access this time to exactly the same page on a server system which could probably host EB 5x over. As long as DHM are willing, I will of course work with them to try and streamline their process and make it smoother for everyone but when you have so many people after a print and a limited quantity to sell there is always going to be some disappointment
Last edited by cycloned on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ctg9095
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:58 pm

Codeblue wrote:Someone should start a DHM shitshow poll.
RIP UNOMASMOI :cry:
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:59 pm

Yeesh, the markup on these in the aftermarket. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but a car crash is still a car crash....
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
WhoLikesRingo
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:00 pm

My only diappointment was with the white screen that left after it was sold out. fudge happens, and there's always next time, but this seems to be a problem others had too. Refreshing didn't bring it out of the page, it just kept refreshing the white and the URL was not loading the store.
Solar
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:00 pm

cycloned wrote:I handled the drop with DHM this time. I can assure everyone that their server was setup to handle the drop and did handle the drop. (300+ orders in 1 minute is astounding)

DHM operate a static html page as their drop page. Updating it leaves it momentarily blank (ie white page). That's the system for now. I've talked to them - it's something we can adress in the future. But right now it's a case of refresh and it'll re appear. Sadly, I understand that due to some people's connection speed and sheer demand this refresh can be one refresh too many and leave you on the 'sold out' page you didn't want to see.

The edition sold extremely fast. 300+ people were able to grab one. Sorry if you were not one of them. However, it really was as even a playing field as it is going to get this time. Once again - understand the disappointment, I've felt it before on other releases. However, everyone had the same access this time to exactly the same page on a server system which could probably host EB 5x over. As long as DHM are willing, I will of course work with them to try and streamline their process and make it smoother for everyone but when you have so many people after a print and a limited quantity to sell there is always going to be some disappointment
Nope. I refreshed the white page over a dozen times on two different browsers, over the course of 2 minutes and it did not load content. I'm not bitching, but to imply that it caused only one extra refresh is not accurate.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:01 pm

cycloned wrote:Main point to bear in mind though RE the white page:

DHM operate a static html page as their drop page. Updating it leaves it momentarily blank (ie white page). That's the system for now. I've talked to them - it's something we can adress in the future. But right now it's a case of refresh and it'll re appear.
So what you're saying is, they know their site is deficient and don't give a fudge.
Last edited by Codeblue on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
rubberneck
Art God

cycloned wrote:I handled the drop with DHM this time. I can assure everyone that their server was setup to handle the drop and did handle the drop. (300+ orders in 1 minute is astounding)

Refreshing sucessfully in FF gave the white page over and prompted me to go to IE. In that time frame (30 secs) IE opened up with the purchase screen and then tabbing back to FF and refeshing also gave me the screen.

There was a delay in the screen being updated and one refresh did not suffice...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
WhoLikesRingo
Art Expert

Here's hoping for the lottery.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:02 pm

This thread is full of butthurt.
Same fudge, different drop.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:02 pm

Next DHM Durieux drop: edition of 40. Instant sell out!