Obama Hope 08 Kuehn

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:28 am

This topic is dedicated to: Obama Hope 08 Kuehn

bkuehn

Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:29 am

Prints can be purchased at store.benjaminkuehn.com
lazk
Art Expert

Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:56 am

Subtle
Art Expert

um....is this a joke?
lazk
Art Expert

Limited prints as low as 25...jump
lazk
Art Expert

Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:58 am

Hope not...Obama.....is a famous person to draw...
baxterpop
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:06 am

I dig his invisible index finger! :(
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:07 am

bkuehn wrote:Prints can be purchased at store.benjaminkuehn.com
Lawsuits can be sent at the same address.... ideas on originality also accepted.
Bobby-B
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:07 am

So the Obama Hope thing is his original idea? :wink:
GeorgeKaplan
Art Enthusiast

Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:59 am

who is this guy anyway?

Is he the new drummer with Pearl Jam?
"I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore"
bkuehn

Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:09 am

Hello all,

Let me explain the print. Is it inspired by Fairey's print? Absolutely. I wasn't trying to fool anybody. So please save the flaming.

I chose a new pose and color palette to differentiate it somewhat. Of course the type and HOPE is duplicated, but that is Obama's official typeface and slogan. Also, the illustrated headshot of Obama was around at rallies long before Fairey's work by the way. Not taking anything away from his becuase I am a huge fan.

Is it fair for an Obama supporter to have to pay hundreds if not thousands for an Obama print on ebay from those who are flipping them? Not in my opinion. If they want Fairey's, nobody is fooled by the one I created and they can still buy a Fairey print.

I didn't have a lot of money to give to the campaign and thought this was a good way to utilize my talents as a way to raise money. A majority of the money from these is put right back into the campaign which is stated right on the website.

SO if after that you would still like to sue or flame this print, then I guess feel free.
DeltaSigChi4
Flipper

Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:43 am

I kinda want to sue Kennedy's estate for nearly destroying the entire Northern Hemisphere before I was even born. Stupid drymount didn't even know when we had placed Jupiter nuclear missiles on Turkey soil pointed at the Soviet Union. Senator Obama reminds me of Kennedy.

E
jojobadass
Art God

Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:58 am

I think what the world needs is more stupid mystery tube sales............there is nothing more exciting than receiving absolute junk in the mail.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
pjtaper
Art Freak

Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:05 am

jojobadass wrote:I think what the world needs is more stupid mystery tube sales............there is nothing more exciting than receiving absolute junk in the mail.
Yeah, but any mystery tubes would probably just end up being 12 different images of Obamas face with a stupid drymounting word at the bottom.
cardhawks
Art Expert

Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:28 am

bkuehn wrote:Hello all,

Let me explain the print. Is it inspired by Fairey's print? Absolutely. I wasn't trying to fool anybody. So please save the flaming.

I chose a new pose and color palette to differentiate it somewhat. Of course the type and HOPE is duplicated, but that is Obama's official typeface and slogan. Also, the illustrated headshot of Obama was around at rallies long before Fairey's work by the way. Not taking anything away from his becuase I am a huge fan.

Is it fair for an Obama supporter to have to pay hundreds if not thousands for an Obama print on ebay from those who are flipping them? Not in my opinion. If they want Fairey's, nobody is fooled by the one I created and they can still buy a Fairey print.

I didn't have a lot of money to give to the campaign and thought this was a good way to utilize my talents as a way to raise money. A majority of the money from these is put right back into the campaign which is stated right on the website.

SO if after that you would still like to sue or flame this print, then I guess feel free.
It's cool that you did this.

The flamers just like to think they have something rare and expensive with the Fairey print. The money should go to Obama as intended, not the opportunists. I HOPE we see more Obama posters sold for the campaign.