Obama 08 The Mac

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
brewer247
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:47 pm

Got my UPS shipping notification! Looking forward to this one. :D
T-Dub13
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:05 pm

brewer247 wrote:Got my UPS shipping notification! Looking forward to this one. :D
I didn't
brewer247
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:22 pm

My bad! My shipping notification was actually for the Obey print I bought yesterday. Sorry for the false alarm. I just didn't think that print would ship so fast. :?
Subtle
Art Expert

Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:29 pm

Just got my invoice/tracking information from Upperplayground at 1:58pm PST. Yay, there is hope!
my2hands
Art Expert

Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:47 pm

just spoke with upper playground... super nice people...

they said there is a problem with the delivery of the posters from the printers (i assume obeygant) and that they have not recieved any of them yet... she said they were supposed to recieve them on 3/3/08 and have not yet and that they are trying to work it out with the obey people... they hope to have them in and shipped by monday but she couldnt make any promises, they said they are starting to get a lot of calls about it... she mentioned people may be refunded theor shipping if it takes too long to get the prints out to people... which is very nice in my opinion...
T-Dub13
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:05 pm

my2hands wrote:just spoke with upper playground... super nice people...

they said there is a problem with the delivery of the posters from the printers (i assume obeygant) and that they have not recieved any of them yet... she said they were supposed to recieve them on 3/3/08 and have not yet and that they are trying to work it out with the obey people... they hope to have them in and shipped by monday but she couldnt make any promises, they said they are starting to get a lot of calls about it... she mentioned people may be refunded theor shipping if it takes too long to get the prints out to people... which is very nice in my opinion...
If this is the case how are some people saying that they already got shipping info?
my2hands
Art Expert

Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:15 pm

T-Dub13 wrote:

If this is the case how are some people saying that they already got shipping info?

they only got the shipping billing info, just like i did.. if they check it it only says "billing info recieved" and it clearly states that the package has not been recived by UPS

why would i, or they, lie?
Kdh12
Art Freak

Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:20 pm

I do not think that Obey does their own printing...... just their own photoshoping ;)
T-Dub13
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:37 pm

my2hands wrote:
T-Dub13 wrote:

they only got the shipping billing info, just like i did.. if they check it it only says "billing info recieved" and it clearly states that the package has not been recived by UPS

why would i, or they, lie?
I was not saying anyone was lying, I just havn't heard anything at all and am wondering why
tlh1005
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:12 pm

I'm as excited about this print as the next guy but you guys are taking it to a new level. The shipping is only 3 days overdue from the date they thought they would begin.
my2hands
Art Expert

Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:11 am

trust me, i am not sweating it... it was raining today and ididnt want the ups man to leave it on the door step... so i checked ups and it still didnt have it in yet, so i fugured i would give a ring...

no biggy, i was just trying to help out
Gigantico
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:36 am

my2hands wrote:spoke with upper playground... super nice people...
Bobby-B
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:01 am

You people should consider yourself lucky, they could do what OG did and sit on your order for several more weeks before they decide to ship it out. Stop worrying!
michaelm
Art Enthusiast

Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:15 am

just got an email saying no obama prints will be available on the mac's website
tlh1005
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:00 pm

michaelm wrote:just got an email saying no obama prints will be available on the mac's website
How did they end up emailing you?

I wonder if they were assuming they wouldn't be able to fill all 200 orders through the upper playground and anticipated selling the remainder on elmac?
Or I guess it could be more of an undertaking than they wanted for now... I thought initially this was to be a screenprint, now it's an offset. They were supposed to begin shipping but that has been delayed as well. Maybe there have been enough issues that they just said no, we're not going to do another run as planned.