LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Deadareus
Art Expert

Fri May 17, 2013 9:22 am

stoffel wrote:just ordered my first modular building at the lego shop, excited to get it and start building it, added some of the lego mini figures too
anyone have any expierence with the modular buildings, i got the pet shop, what are some of your favourites, i have a feeling i gonna buy another one pretty soon :D
:clap:

Awesome and great choice! I haven't built it yet but it looks fantastic.

The only one I have built so far is the Fire Brigade and it was fantastic! My reason for choosing the Fire Brigade was it's supposedly the first one to retire based on release dates.

If you plan on getting any more (or will eventually want them all... which is a fairly safe assumption) they SHOULD disappear from shelves in the following order:
Fire Brigade
Grand Emporium
Pet Shop
Town Hall
Palace Cinema

Enjoy your build. I can't wait to get another Modular Building soon.
Samk89
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 18, 2013 7:26 am

starkdesign wrote:
Samk89 wrote:I work at somewhere that sells minifigures and since series 7 or 8 I have always looked for the ones I want. Don't get me wrong I don't buy all of the good ones but I hve a cool roman legion going on with several roman warriors from a few series ago and a roman commander from this series. Plus with the fact I have the freedom to feel through all the packets as well my success ratio of telling what's inside has been 100% which has become very handy getting good at it. Just bought the sea captain the other day but no mr gold yet. I have felt through 7 boxes (that's 420 minifigures!!) and no mr gold. I love collecting them but if I got one I would have to flip it. Can't believe how much one minifigure is going for its mental. Plus it's only a gold guy in a top hat. Not that great really imo.
So you are the culprit, stealing all the goods before us regular folk have a chance! :wink:
Haha I wish. If I come across a Mr Gold I know what I am going to do with it. Need funds to buy the New Red Leader X wing to go with my Bricklinked UCS MF and my R2D2
mushetphoto
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 18, 2013 8:50 am

Amen to that! I've decided that it just doesn't NEED to be in my collection - I could sell that and buy up the remaining series 1 and 2 figures that I've been holding off buying because of how much they cost...
summoner
Art Freak

Sat May 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Had to run to the market to grab a few things and there was a brand new box of Mr Gold minifigs... Felt up and checked the bump codes on the entire box, no Mr Gold :(
Image Image Image
mobius006
Art Freak

Sat May 18, 2013 5:38 pm

I like that lego flipping just feeds more lego
stoffel
Art Expert

Sun May 19, 2013 3:30 am

Deadareus wrote:
stoffel wrote:just ordered my first modular building at the lego shop, excited to get it and start building it, added some of the lego mini figures too
anyone have any expierence with the modular buildings, i got the pet shop, what are some of your favourites, i have a feeling i gonna buy another one pretty soon :D
:clap:

Awesome and great choice! I haven't built it yet but it looks fantastic.

The only one I have built so far is the Fire Brigade and it was fantastic! My reason for choosing the Fire Brigade was it's supposedly the first one to retire based on release dates.

If you plan on getting any more (or will eventually want them all... which is a fairly safe assumption) they SHOULD disappear from shelves in the following order:
Fire Brigade
Grand Emporium
Pet Shop
Town Hall
Palace Cinema

Enjoy your build. I can't wait to get another Modular Building soon.
i already bought the grand emporium, as i found it somewhere 20€ cheaper then the going rate so couldn't pass it up.
next up will be the fire brigade then, hope it will be around for a few more months or so.
built the pet shop last month, and that was so much fun. so many great built technique and then all the surprises you get when finishing each chamber.
besides the VW van this has been the most fun to do and took me about 5 hours to finish

the two minifigs i got where medusa and the indian, they look nice, but i had hoped at some figures i could fit into the houses. will try my luck at a store next time
i apologize to anyone who fought a grizzly bear to make it to a computer. i appreciate the support.
Deadareus
Art Expert

Sun May 19, 2013 3:26 pm

Trendsetter will go well with Gand Emporium. Feel for the 1x2 plate (cell phone). Grandpa will go nicely with it as well.

I'm contemplating rebuilding The Daily Bugle from the new Spiderman set to fit in with the Modulars.
YORKSHIREpuddin
Art Expert

Sun May 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Grabbed 5 more series 10 minifigures and ended up with 3 I already had.

ISO:
Librerian
Bee
Sea Captain
Painter

WT or sell for cost:
Trendsetter
Clown
Motorcycle Mechanic
Last edited by YORKSHIREpuddin on Mon May 20, 2013 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
mobius006
Art Freak

Sun May 19, 2013 6:21 pm

Target was ransacked for minifigs :hanging:
mrkyuss
Art God

Sun May 19, 2013 6:36 pm

Mr Gold fiends!
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
mushetphoto
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 21, 2013 10:02 am

Picked up the librarian yesterday, that's no.16 of 16 for Series 10...

If anyone needs the sea captain or baseball player I have a spare one of each available.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue May 21, 2013 12:00 pm

I actually had a dream last night where I was searching for the minifigs at Target. Now if I could actually FIND a box of them in town, that would be nice.

Yeah, I have boring dreams sometimes...
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Deadareus
Art Expert

Tue May 21, 2013 6:58 pm

I've had TWO Mr. Gold dreams.

I'm not proud.
mobius006
Art Freak

Tue May 21, 2013 7:32 pm

going after work.... wish me luck!
YORKSHIREpuddin
Art Expert

Tue May 21, 2013 8:15 pm

starkdesign wrote:I actually had a dream last night where I was searching for the minifigs at Target. Now if I could actually FIND a box of them in town, that would be nice.

Yeah, I have boring dreams sometimes...
I've seen complete sets on eBay for $47. Works out less than picking them up yourself from a store. I wish I had done that, I'm now short 3 and will probably pay over cost individually just to finish the set.