LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
mobius006
Art Freak

Wed May 15, 2013 12:15 pm

mrkyuss wrote:No Mr Gold for mrkyuss tonight. The kid stocking the shelves started looking at me funny so I left.
:lol:
sschmotz
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 15, 2013 1:47 pm

Here's a pic of the shelf I put up. It's in the stairwell coming down from my loft. It's nice finally seeing these all together everyday.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed May 15, 2013 3:41 pm

^ :drool:

Love that transport shuttle, kicking myself for not buying it when I had the chance...
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Deadareus
Art Expert

Wed May 15, 2013 6:11 pm

starkdesign wrote:And now I really need to gather all the items and keep them together for the holidays! Great idea, I already do the xmas holiday sets together, didn't even think of the monster stuff for halloween. :oops:
This was our set up last year with the Haunted House + Halloween Minifig Accessory Kit and some CMF's. Put a graveyard off to the side. Really enjoyed building that. This years will be much bigger. We'll be adding the Zombies, Werewolf Tree, and the Ghost Train will be integrated into it somewhere.

You can see more here:http://www.flickr.com/photos/89521935@N ... 719724921/

Our Christmas Village only consisted of the Bakery and Toy Shop last year. This year we're adding the Cottage to the scene while The Post Office will be under the tree as a gift: http://www.flickr.com/photos/89521935@N ... 724640834/
Superfro33 wrote:Love the Haunted House. Since we're limited in space to store it we decided to make it an annual thing by tearing it down and putting it back together each year for Halloween. I have everything from the Monsters series except for the Ghost Train.
We do the same with our Haunted House. My hopes are to be able to switch colours every now and then. While I love the green, I would love to see it in Red. Maybe not this year but some time in the near future.

The Ghost Train is a great set. I wasn't ISO until I saw it built. I was still hesitant but pulled the trigger at $55 shipped from Amazon. No regrets... it's awesome.
sschmotz wrote:Here's a pic of the shelf I put up. It's in the stairwell coming down from my loft. It's nice finally seeing these all together everyday.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Awesome shelf! I'm ISO 5 out of 7 from that pic but I'll never have them. There's just too much new stuff I like to justify the cost of paying aftermarket prices for older sets. The best I can hope for now is a re-release of Star Destroyer (which I'm hoping isn't too far out of the realm of possibility not that they've opened the door with the new X-Wing).
jettad
Art Expert

Wed May 15, 2013 6:25 pm

I have a question for you all. My son has officially said he wants no more to do with lego, :( (it is a very sad day in my house) and he wants to sell it to get something new. My question is, how do I go about selling it all? Is ebay the best bet, or would a lego forum be better. He has a lot of it, so should I split it up into manageable portions, or even sort it all and sell bits? Any help would be appreciated.
jesseindisguise
Art Expert

Wed May 15, 2013 6:27 pm

jettad wrote:I have a question for you all. My son has officially said he wants no more to do with lego, :( (it is a very sad day in my house) and he wants to sell it to get something new. My question is, how do I go about selling it all? Is ebay the best bet, or would a lego forum be better. He has a lot of it, so should I split it up into manageable portions, or even sort it all and sell bits? Any help would be appreciated.
Time for a new kid? Kidding...why not store them until he has kids? I have all of my Lego, and both of my brothers' Legos for our own kids whenever that starts to happen.
Blake wrote:Always Be Tubing.
mrkyuss
Art God

Wed May 15, 2013 6:33 pm

jesseindisguise wrote:
jettad wrote:I have a question for you all. My son has officially said he wants no more to do with lego, :( (it is a very sad day in my house) and he wants to sell it to get something new. My question is, how do I go about selling it all? Is ebay the best bet, or would a lego forum be better. He has a lot of it, so should I split it up into manageable portions, or even sort it all and sell bits? Any help would be appreciated.
Time for a new kid? Kidding...why not store them until he has kids? I have all of my Lego, and both of my brothers' Legos for our own kids whenever that starts to happen.
Don't sell it. He/ you will regret it later on when you have grandkids. Just give him a couple of hunge so he can go buy some video games or whatever, but keep the Lego!
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed May 15, 2013 7:29 pm

mrkyuss wrote:
jesseindisguise wrote:
Don't sell it. He/ you will regret it later on when you have grandkids. Just give him a couple of hunge so he can go buy some video games or whatever, but keep the Lego!
Agreed, don't sell it. Most lego builders go thru a dark phase where they abandon all lego stuff, usually thru high school college years. Then after that, sometimes when they have kids, the hunger for lego returns. He will wish he had kept it all. Or you could just sell stuff to us :wink:
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
TattooMike
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 15, 2013 8:53 pm

abe wrote:Once you guys finish your UCS MFs you can get started collecting all the brick for this Death Star Docking Bay to display it in:
http://www.fbtb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8925
:shock: :shock: :drool: :drool:

Yup, I am absolutely going to build this. Starting with bricklinking the UCS Millennium Falcon. And using LEDs in both the Falcon and diorama. It's gonna take a while to buy the parts and assemble, but it is definitely getting done.
ironjaiden wrote: ...because I'm a 14 year old boy trapped in a middle aged asshole suit.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Thu May 16, 2013 1:43 am

Dammit. After reading through this thread I've decided to get back into Lego. Spent half an hour feeling packets at K-Mart with the soccer mum's giving me weird looks. I thought I'd grabbed a Medusa - the one I'd really like - but didn't end up with it. Got two sad clowns though. There were a fudge load of boxes there so I'll go back on a monday morning and feel up more packs for a Medusa. Addictive fudge this.

Might need to pick up a few LoTR sets as well.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
Samk89
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 16, 2013 4:48 am

I work at somewhere that sells minifigures and since series 7 or 8 I have always looked for the ones I want. Don't get me wrong I don't buy all of the good ones but I hve a cool roman legion going on with several roman warriors from a few series ago and a roman commander from this series. Plus with the fact I have the freedom to feel through all the packets as well my success ratio of telling what's inside has been 100% which has become very handy getting good at it. Just bought the sea captain the other day but no mr gold yet. I have felt through 7 boxes (that's 420 minifigures!!) and no mr gold. I love collecting them but if I got one I would have to flip it. Can't believe how much one minifigure is going for its mental. Plus it's only a gold guy in a top hat. Not that great really imo.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu May 16, 2013 9:44 am

Samk89 wrote:I work at somewhere that sells minifigures and since series 7 or 8 I have always looked for the ones I want. Don't get me wrong I don't buy all of the good ones but I hve a cool roman legion going on with several roman warriors from a few series ago and a roman commander from this series. Plus with the fact I have the freedom to feel through all the packets as well my success ratio of telling what's inside has been 100% which has become very handy getting good at it. Just bought the sea captain the other day but no mr gold yet. I have felt through 7 boxes (that's 420 minifigures!!) and no mr gold. I love collecting them but if I got one I would have to flip it. Can't believe how much one minifigure is going for its mental. Plus it's only a gold guy in a top hat. Not that great really imo.
So you are the culprit, stealing all the goods before us regular folk have a chance! :wink:
rmoore
Art Expert

Thu May 16, 2013 9:57 am

mrkyuss wrote:
jesseindisguise wrote:
Exactly. Give him some money and tell him you sold them.

Store them away, because sometime in his early 20s, he's going to want them again and you'll be the best dad ever when you whip out those storage bins. Better yet, give them to him for Christmas one year about 10 years from now.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu May 16, 2013 10:08 am

rmoore wrote:
mrkyuss wrote:
jesseindisguise wrote:
Exactly. Give him some money and tell him you sold them.

Store them away, because sometime in his early 20s, he's going to want them again and you'll be the best dad ever when you whip out those storage bins. Better yet, give them to him for Christmas one year about 10 years from now.
Perfect plan! It really is a big mistake to sell them. I sold most of my toys from my youth, and regret some of that now. But, the one thing I never let go was the LEGO collection. Sure, I went thru a dark period where I didn't do any building or buying, mostly thru HS and college, but my Mom ALWAYS got me a small set for every birthday and xmas gift. And I just stowed them away with the rest of the collection. Then, after graduating college and getting married, it was time. I spread them ALL out in the living room and for 3-4 days, sorted them all by color in separate bins. Now the kids get to play with most of them too, but their collection is already starting to trump mine!
jettad
Art Expert

Thu May 16, 2013 10:13 am

Thanks for all your advise. I have to admit I was gutted as a kid when I found out my collection had "disappeared", only to be told it was creating a mess so it was gone! I do believe I will store it and give him a few bucks. I don't know why I didn't think of that! Thanks. :pint: