Obama 08 The Mac

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
T-Dub13
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:59 pm

brewer247 wrote:Oh yeah! As I was typing my above reply, I received my credit card billing confirmation and a tracking number. Up until a minute ago I had heard nothing but my original email confirmation that I got on purchase. So, there is still hope for you guys! I'd say that if you have not heard anything, you may still be in the game. :D
I havn't heard anything, did you get this via email?
my2hands
Art Expert

Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:12 pm

does anyone have contact info for these folks... they have my shipping address wrong????
brewer247
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:12 pm

T-Dub13 wrote:
brewer247 wrote:Oh yeah! As I was typing my above reply, I received my credit card billing confirmation and a tracking number. Up until a minute ago I had heard nothing but my original email confirmation that I got on purchase. So, there is still hope for you guys! I'd say that if you have not heard anything, you may still be in the game. :D
Yes, got this by email.
T-Dub13
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:17 pm

brewer247 wrote:
T-Dub13 wrote:
Yes, got this by email.
thanks, still waiting...
my2hands
Art Expert

Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:30 pm

my2hands wrote:does anyone have contact info for these folks... they have my shipping address wrong????

customer service phone # maybe????

i emailed their info email a few days ago and they didnt fix the error... so now it might ship to a wrong address?

HELP! :lol:

anyone?
walterfredo
Art Expert

Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:01 pm

everyone that has this listed for sale/trade at all these outlandish prices is ON CRACK!
brewer247
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:08 pm

sschmotz wrote:
brewer247 wrote:As for this being a "fad".......isn't this whole poster collecting thing just that as well?
This is arguable. I'm sure many will lose interest over time, just as people outgrow other hobbies such as collecting baseball cards or Beanie babies for example.

The entire concert posters poster thing keeps growing. They have been made since the 50's and they're more mainstream and popular now than ever. They are also much more appealing with different artist trying to push the limits with new technologies that weren't around 20 years ago. The amount of artwork put into them is incredible.

Even if individuals do stop collecting because their priorities or interests change, there will be someone else to take their place, unlike Beanie babies.
I will agree that this is much more sustainable than Beanie Babies, although some may argue that the Beanie Babies fad gave way for the vinyl figure's that are growing in popularity. Artists fall in and out of favor, as do different bands. I would classify this as fad like. According to dictionary.com, a fad is "a temporary fashion, notion, manner of conduct, etc., esp. one followed enthusiastically by a group". To say specifically that buying a poster from one artist (The MAC), relating to a specific subject (Obama) is more a fad than buying a poster from another artist (Emek) relating to a different subject (Pearl Jam) is crazy. They are both artists and quite capable of making something quite nice to look at. Will the long term values of these grow or sustain? Who knows. What I do know is that the print we are discussing in this thread DID go up from the $120 that I originally thought would. It just sold for $167.50. :D
tlh1005
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:41 pm

I'll add that a lot will depend on if he gets elected and what his legacy as a president will be if he does.

I can agree on some level that some of those collecting Obama prints at exhorbant prices will become disinterested but really, if anyone is going to drop $1K plus on a print I tend to think they might actually care about it down the road. Also the few that fade away will be replaced by those who care more about the history that might made here.... I love Pearl Jam just as much as the next guy but I bet there are far more people who care about the history of politics than Emek and PJ.
sschmotz
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:57 pm

tlh1005 wrote:I bet there are far more people who care about the history of politics than Emek and PJ.

Yes, people do care about politics more than Emek or PJ (I think), but as far as posters go (we're talking about the pieces of paper and the artwork), Emek and PJ are more collectable in the long run than political posters.
piomba
Art Expert

Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Pearl Jam is political.
Subtle
Art Expert

Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:48 pm

tjinoh wrote:Hmmm...my CC hasn't been charged, but I did NOT get an email saying I wouldn't be receiving one. Anyone else in the same boat?

same here.... :?
T-Dub13
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:00 pm

micahsee wrote:
tjinoh wrote:Hmmm...my CC hasn't been charged, but I did NOT get an email saying I wouldn't be receiving one. Anyone else in the same boat?

same here.... :?
me too
brewer247
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:34 pm

Seems to me that they are trudging through the orders slowly. After I read yesterday that someone got a shipping confirmation, and then heard that people were starting to get refund notices, I thought twice about mine as well. Give them a couple of days and see how it shakes out.
Subtle
Art Expert

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:11 pm

brewer247 wrote:Seems to me that they are trudging through the orders slowly. After I read yesterday that someone got a shipping confirmation, and then heard that people were starting to get refund notices, I thought twice about mine as well. Give them a couple of days and see how it shakes out.
right on. I am impatient and i don't deny it. Once I hear that someone has gotten their confirmation i just keep checking my mailbox for mine...argh! i am sure you are right, they must have a lot to go through.
tlh1005
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:42 pm

Codeblue wrote:People are so impatient.
Yes. The initial info about the print said they would begin shipping 3/4. People should give them at least until the end of the week before they start sending inquiries. The less time they spend answering questions the more time they can devote to shipping.