Goddess of Barley & Hops 13 Flames

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
IWish
Art Expert

Sat May 11, 2013 12:33 pm

Thanks for the heads-up on the availability - bought the brewery print. Like this one... a lot.
Harpua828
Art Enthusiast

Sat May 11, 2013 1:23 pm

I got mine from James yesterday. Beautiful work.

Heads up Brewery Prints: There have been a bunch of reports of damage: roll damage, corner issues, no craft paper, etc. Opt for insurance if you can!
IWish
Art Expert

Sat May 11, 2013 1:45 pm

Harpua828 wrote: Heads up Brewery Prints: There have been a bunch of reports of damage: roll damage, corner issues, no craft paper, etc. Opt for insurance if you can!
Yeah, I realized it was taking a chance to buy from there. I like this a lot and decided to risk it for $30. I did, however, find myself humming the theme song to "Mission Impossible" while going through the purchase process.
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Mon May 13, 2013 11:15 am

Landed this weekend and I can't help but point out that I now have a princess to go with my Link :P

Image Image
postulio
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 13, 2013 4:25 pm

TKuczynski wrote:Landed this weekend and I can't help but point out that I now have a princess to go with my Link :P

ImageImage

FTFY ;)

Agree they look great together, but I'm still not a fan of that Link print.
bootstrut
Art Expert

Tue May 14, 2013 11:29 am

Bought one poster from James and one for a brewer friend from Victory, so it was a great opportunity to take comparison shots.

As James had mentioned, beyond the design changes in the border of the image, which are quite apparent, there is a slight difference in color. The artist copy (the one from James's site) has browner lines and the goddess has yellower highlights. The copy from Victory has darker line work, adding more contrast to the image. The last difference is the yellow glow near the bird in the artist version, which isn't present in the copy from Victory.

Overall, whatever copy you get, they are both gorgeous. The artist copy is just a little warmer and softer than Victory's.
bootstrut
Art Expert

Tue May 14, 2013 11:36 am

Oh, and the cool part is that both copies, purchased and shipped from two different people, have the same number! Ain't that lucky? :)
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:34 am

I gave my Dalton/Rug print to my nephew, so I can't compare actual prints. Judging by the jpegs, these might look good together...both have beer references, right? I put my Amber Waves in a frame today (nothing fancy)...just submitted pic to database - we should see it posted in this thread soon.

ImageImage
automator
Nobody

Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:55 pm

New image Goddess of Barley & Hops 13 Flames - Victory Amber Waves - Frame

jericho
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:02 pm

automator wrote:New image Goddess of Barley & Hops 13 Flames - Victory Amber Waves - Frame

Looks great in that simple black frame.