Canadian Corner Eh? (Buy/Sell/Trade/Chat)

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
ulrick
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 01, 2013 10:37 am

Looks like there's a few "noob" here.

Out of Curiostity ....

What Print got you into the Hobby ?

What is the favorite print that you own ?

What is the print you wish you owned ?

- Ulrick

The great white buffalo!
Scottjohnston
Art Expert

Wed May 01, 2013 10:46 am

Gig posters of emek back in the day
Hard to say...At the moment - my Miss B Waiting for Ed...but i want the blue one 8)
So many, but these two are big ISO's of mine
Image Image
QballDS
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 01, 2013 10:49 am

ulrick wrote:Looks like there's a few "noob" here.

Out of Curiostity ....

Started collecting in March (had to wait for my basement to be finished)

1. I bought the PCC - Back to the Future triptych from a fellow E'Ber here, had it all archivally framed and now its proudly hanging on my wall.
2. Also the favourite print of mine that I own. But I'm also a huge fan of Firefly/Serenity and snagged Doyle's Can't Take the Sky From Me - waiting to frame that, but I want to add "Big Salad" and "Armin Tamzarian" and have them all up in my office.
3. The Kill Bill Variant, is my number 1 with a bullet. My wife vetoed an ebay purchase of it about 2 years ago because it was going for 350ish... let's just say I wish it would go for anywhere near that much. Somethings more attainable which I would really like are: Stout - Reservoir Dogs variant and Ansin - Scott Pilgrim regular.

And Ansin's Iron Man! Anyone in TO want to be my Poster Buddy?
ImageImage
Hauler
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 01, 2013 10:56 am

I believe the first print I saw that got me into the hobby was Tyler Stout's Il Grande Lebowski. I tried for the drop, but having known nothing about the whole process I obviously lost out. After that I searched the Internet for a way to buy a Stout poster and found a copy of Spaced.

Probably my Tyler Stout Kill Bill Variant or my Inglourious Basterds reg.

My 'white whale' is the Tyler Stout Metal Robocop. I'll never be able to afford it, but I would love to score one.
Tazgarde
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 01, 2013 11:01 am

I'm a huge G1 Transformers fan and love the animated movie. This print couldn't be more perfect.

I got this from my roommate for my birthday. First print I ever owned. It's beautiful in person.

Moss Star Wars for sure. Never going to happen so I've set my sights on a Stout Star Wars set.
ulrick
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 01, 2013 11:11 am

p.s. I'm a Stout fan !
- Ulrick

The great white buffalo!
PrestigeWorldWide
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 01, 2013 1:14 pm

ulrick wrote:The best advice I can give you is. Don't buy things to try an sell them for a profit. The market is not in a good place for that.

Only buy things you really like.
Yeah, I think thats going to be the tough part at the start. I don't want to sell things though, I am a collector and I doe loves me some good art.

As for what print got me started in collection, its tough to say. I bought tickets for pax prime and someone likened the sellout to the speed at which mondo posters sell out so I checked out the site. So many of the archived posters were so beautiful and I love collecting things (still have my Charizard Pokemon card) so I thought it would be a fun honey. Not to mention it will make my living areas look BA.

The only poster I own is the latest Shaw Robocop so that would be my favourite!

As for posters I wished I owned, theres quite a few. I love lost and the new candidates one is pretty sweet. There are some pretty cool Dark Knight ones too. Anything to do with a property I really love I guess.
monsterzerozero
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 01, 2013 1:45 pm

tomdon wrote:Hello that is the triangle of power in Looney Tunes.
Deadareus
Art Expert

Wed May 01, 2013 2:11 pm

First Poster:

Favorite in my collection:

Wish I had:
Haven't pulled the trigger on this yet and they are becoming fewer and further between. Now that I have my SW set I should set my sights on this. My 'wanted' list is considerably smaller than it was a year ago though.

I'll also throw this out there....

If the previous PB request has been filled for the Ansin drop Friday I'd be grateful if somebody could F5 for me for a bit as well on Friday. Can Paypal right away and will add a little extra for your time and effort.

I'll be working Friday day and I'm only able to sit at a computer every other hour while at work.

I'm in NB.

Currently at Newark airport waiting for a flight home so if you message me and I don't get back to you that's the reason. Thanks gang. Good luck for those trying on Friday!
ulrick
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 01, 2013 3:09 pm

If any of you is ever in the Montreal area drop me a line. It could be fun to have lunch and talk prints with fellow collectors.
- Ulrick

The great white buffalo!
alittle
Art Freak

Wed May 01, 2013 3:57 pm

First print/One that got me in to the hobby:

Favourite print:

Print I wish I had:

Gundam
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 01, 2013 4:11 pm

A lot, but at the top of it all...
PrestigeWorldWide
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 01, 2013 4:22 pm

Yeah, it would definitely be nice to talk to fellow collectors. It's not a super popular hobby and I don't think to many people fully appreciate the intricacies of the trade! I definitely need to update my ISO, you guys are showing me so many great posters! :P
DamnedDemonOfDespair
Art Enthusiast

Wed May 01, 2013 8:12 pm

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned anything about hockey.

Tonight the Toronto Maple Leafs play the Boston Bruins in their first playoff game in 9 years.
Not to have made the playoffs in 9 years, I think is disgusting. Historically, the Toronto Maple Leafs have been an average or above average team, but to miss out for 9 years, I think, is just plain grim. 3,4 or 5 years, I can understand, it happens. Can you imagine if the Leafs had not made it this year? That would have made it 10 years in a row. It's as if Harold Ballard has risen from the grave and is controlling the team. But these days, the team is owned by money hungry, greedy Rogers Cable, and I don't see them putting much effort into the team.
But, after saying this, good luck to the Leafs.

Anyways, this was in The Globe and Mail today and I think it is worth mentioning.

A hockey hungry nation's eyes turn to the quartet of Canadian teams to fill 20-year Stanley Cup void.

20 years without a Stanley Cup win? This is sad. A country like this, not being able to win the Stanley Cup in 20 years? 20 years of darkness with having the damned Americans winning lately.

Anyways, the odds to win their series and the Stanley Cup:
Montreal
Odds of winning series: 51%
Odds of winning Stanley Cup: 11 to 1

Ottawa
Odds of winning series: 49%
Odds of winning Stanley Cup: 28 to 1

Toronto
Odds of winning series: 20%
Odds of winning Stanley Cup: 22 to 1

Vancouver
Odds of winning series: 50%
Odds of winning Stanley Cup: 14 to 1

Yes, the country's eyes are on the 4 teams this year. Having 4 teams beginning the playoffs is pretty good, I think. Let's hope they can beat the odds this year and make the country proud. It's happened before, and better teams have gone down in flames before too.
Gundam
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 01, 2013 8:21 pm

I'm a Habs fan living in Toronto, hockey talk gets me into deep debates here lol

Also, those stats are horrible in my opinion, Toronto has a higher chance than 20% of winning the series with the way they played bruins in the season. Bruins will still probably end up beating Toronto...Also a 50/50 of Habs vs Sens, more so 70/30 in Habs favour, not just because i'm a habs fan