Hendrix Experience John Mayall San Francisco 68 Griffin

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
macc5
EB Team

Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:58 pm

goldenrose wrote:Congrats :clap:
musicmusic

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:44 am

Being a newbie, should I post the price, pic, at the http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1507 page?
electrachrome
Site Admin

Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:14 am

musicmusic wrote:Being a newbie, should I post the price, pic, at the http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1507 page?
PM me price and date of sale and 'll add it
fredo
Art God

Wed May 22, 2013 11:25 am

Granted most are probably gone/trashed, but with a run of 3,500 it's surprising to em that this is consistently raking in $10K. Any estimate on the number still in decent shape?
just a foil for me today, thanks
tspringett
Art Enthusiast

Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:44 pm

1 yellow. As far as what for and how many of the final poster(s) were made is still a mystery. The shop owner asked me if the poster had who the poster was printed for in the lower left. I told him there wasn't anything there. He was surprised and said that the proof must have been made before they put that on.

When I took the poster down to the Poster show in SF, Dennis Loren took a magnifying glass to it and said that as far as he could tell the proof was made from the actual negatives and not negatives made from taking a photo of the original. Don't know what that actually means though.

To date the poster still lives in the frame my dad put around it, so all guesswork has been done looking through glass etc. Thinking I may break it open soon.
Been a while, but got more information on the Yellow(if anyone cares). Feel like some sort of detective on a murder case.
New known clues.
The person who commissioned the one-off print that the yellow is a chromalin proof of, is someone name Phil Cushway. This was done for a donation package that was being given to the Rock Hall of Fame. Subject being the SF music scene
Phil would be the last stop to confirm this, but not much luck doing that so far. Oh well a little closer...
T
goldenrose
Art Expert

Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:17 pm

You can try reaching Phil on FB. Try sending him a message. Best of luck and thanks for the update!
the reckless are out wrecking, the timid plead their pleas - robert hunter
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:28 pm

goldenrose wrote:You can try reaching Phil on FB. Try sending him a message. Best of luck and thanks for the update!
He used to be on this forum, too, and the owner of this place:

http://www.artrockposters.com/

Is that why Artrock closed? He moved to England (or was that FB link a joke)?
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
goldenrose
Art Expert

Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:16 pm

Oops sorry about that - this one should work:

https://m.facebook.com/phil.cushway.3/
the reckless are out wrecking, the timid plead their pleas - robert hunter
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:23 pm

Phil was on top of the 60's Bay Area poster world for years when he was Art Rock.
The way I understood it 20+ years ago, he had worked for 10+ years to acquire everything he could from that era (BG, FD, NeonRose, etc.), including the original printing plates, etc.
Didn't wolfgangsvault get going in a meaningful way by purchasing Phil's Art Rock inventory? I had heard this and thought it made sense because he always talked about "going to the vault" in his own shop to check the quantity or quality of items I was interested in when I used to buy stuff directly from him. So, he may have given wolfgangsvault part of its name. Then again, maybe that was just a coincidence.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:50 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:Phil was on top of the 60's Bay Area poster world for years when he was Art Rock.
The way I understood it 20+ years ago, he had worked for 10+ years to acquire everything he could from that era (BG, FD, NeonRose, etc.), including the original printing plates, etc.
Didn't wolfgangsvault get going in a meaningful way by purchasing Phil's Art Rock inventory? I had heard this and thought it made sense because he always talked about "going to the vault" in his own shop to check the quantity or quality of items I was interested in when I used to buy stuff directly from him. So, he may have given wolfgangsvault part of its name. Then again, maybe that was just a coincidence.
I think I remember something like that also. I also remember people either loved Cushway or hated him. The GD 1995 summer tour reprint and AP reprints seem to come to mind.

I remember buying some nice blotter art from Artrock in the mid1990s back when I collected that stuff. I'm sure I still have those somewhere
tspringett
Art Enthusiast

Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 pm

goldenrose wrote:Oops sorry about that - this one should work:

https://m.facebook.com/phil.cushway.3/
Unfortunately, no response via the FB site. Sent him a couple messages there and never heard back from him.

T
jamesgunter
Art Expert

Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:57 pm

there is a set of silkscreen colorway test prints in the sixtiesposters auction again... still at a great price (right now)
automator
Nobody

Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:04 pm

New image Hendrix Experience John Mayall San Francisco 68 Griffin - SS4 Framed

misrd1
Art Enthusiast

Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:47 pm

I entrusted my progressive set of five Rick Griffen BG 105 Serigraphs on consignment to ClasicPosters.com, including a letter of provenance signed by one of the printers at Arellanes Print Company and what I got back in return was a destroyed progressive set. ClassicPosters.com mishandled the set and ripped four of the five posters, 3/4 inch tears, and left another with a long black streak across the entire bottom of the poster. This company has yet to take responsibility for their negligence and silence seems to be their method of handling the situation. Legal action is pending.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:49 pm

wow, unreal, hope it all works out.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.