Art God

Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:49 pm

Looking good Shaun.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
disdig1
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:04 pm

did anyone else get "try not to always think the worst" (upside down airplane) print yet from jealous gallery? i got mine today looks great but for some reason it has three straight edges but one of the longer edges is deckled. just wondering if that is how it is suppose to be as it seems a little strange to me, anyone else like that?
Letiss

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:47 pm

disdig1 wrote:did anyone else get "try not to always think the worst" (upside down airplane) print yet from jealous gallery? i got mine today looks great but for some reason it has three straight edges but one of the longer edges is deckled. just wondering if that is how it is suppose to be as it seems a little strange to me, anyone else like that?
Don't worry there definitely all like that. I'm floating mine to make sure that the right hand deckled edge is visible.
disdig1
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:55 pm

Letiss wrote:
disdig1 wrote:did anyone else get "try not to always think the worst" (upside down airplane) print yet from jealous gallery? i got mine today looks great but for some reason it has three straight edges but one of the longer edges is deckled. just wondering if that is how it is suppose to be as it seems a little strange to me, anyone else like that?
Don't worry there definitely all like that. I'm floating mine to make sure that the right hand deckled edge is visible.
alright good to know, wonder why they did that? for me i think that would be slightly distracting with it on the right long edge, if it had been on the bottom edge i wouldn't of minded but i hadn't planned on floating it so really doesn't matter.
Vytis33
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:32 pm

Mine landed today but haven't had a chance to look at it yet. One decked edge on the side though?? That doesn't seem like the best idea.
mrkyuss
Art God

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:40 pm

I don't like the sound of that.
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:43 pm

mrkyuss wrote:
Dude. Many print editions that have deckled edges do not have 4 deckled edges.
disdig1
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:46 pm

yeah i don't remember ever seeing it like that other then just the bottom edge with deckle but it still looks great, i just wouldn't want to float it like that.
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Yea, my "Try Not To Always Think The Worst" has one deckled edge on the long side. Doesn't matter it will either get spacers put over it or a mat.
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:55 pm

TheEhTeam wrote:
ottomatik71 wrote:
mrkyuss wrote:
Dude. Many print editions that have deckled edges do not have 4 deckled edges.
I think 'Many' might be an overstatement but it is certainly not uncommon but it is rare to get a print with only one side deckled. Jealous or Charming obviously bought paper on the roll and they never thought about using/investing in a tear bar to match the deckling on the opposite side. http://www.takachpress.com/access/tear.htm
Maybe I should have said....
'Many of the art prints I own do not have 4 deckled edges.
Lots of Miss Bugs just have the bottom deckled.
Last edited by ottomatik71 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrkyuss
Art God

Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:20 pm

All my Miss Bugs have straight edges. Yours must be special editions?
phearloathing
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:29 pm

mrkyuss wrote:All my Miss Bugs have straight edges. Yours must be special editions?

My miss bugs have 5 deckled edges
hater1000
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:32 pm

Since I try to float everything I would not be to happy about that.
aka: AFR1KA
instagram: MrJustin82
If you live in NYC give me a shout!
mrkyuss
Art God

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:48 pm

phearloathing wrote:
mrkyuss wrote:All my Miss Bugs have straight edges. Yours must be special editions?

My miss bugs have 5 deckled edges
I was just joking phear. You can put your flatfile away now!