Essam NYPD Drone Wars

General art-related discussion.
Prisco077
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:18 am

hater1000 wrote:From Gawker: http://gawker.com/5964619/
"The NYDN reports that he's charged with "56 counts of criminal possession of a forged instrument, grand larceny possession of stolen property and weapons possession," the last (and possibly worst) charge coming because cops found an unloaded .22 pistol under his bed when they arrested him"
That the last count is bad. He knew the NYPD was looking for him, so I'm not quite sure why he would have an illegal firearm in his possession, unless he thought he was in serious danger -- which is possible. The rest is all just nonsense. They are clearly trying to quell his free speech rights under the guise of these various vandalism related charges. It's absurd.
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:34 am

It's like the Police 'take it personally' so he gets a worse punishment. How is that fair, unbiased justice that everyone is entitled to?
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
Prisco077
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:37 am

jamesmassey1988 wrote:It's like the Police 'take it personally' so he gets a worse punishment. How is that fair, unbiased justice that everyone is entitled to?
It's not and you're exactly right.

And let's be honest: he didn't cause mass hysteria or anything. He swapped some signs out and put a political themed message in their place. The guy didn't scream fire in a crowded theater, or paint over street signs.
Comfortably_Dumb
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 10, 2013 3:20 pm

Got mine (Print 1) in the mail today. Great print, but the bottom left corner is banged up and there's a small crease right above the sillouhettes. Everybody else's ok?
Image Image Image
johngoff
Art Enthusiast

Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Hoping to try and grab the #2 print. Will settle for #1. Have lots to trade if anyone is interested.

Thanks, John.
hellosir
Art Freak

Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:26 pm

Comfortably_Dumb wrote:Got mine (Print 1) in the mail today. Great print, but the bottom left corner is banged up and there's a small crease right above the sillouhettes. Everybody else's ok?
Please Note: This original piece was used during the NYPD Drone Campaign, it will have road wear and tear, however it is one of a small handful of original pieces not confiscated by the NYPD or Van Wagner Comapany.
Read much?
Comfortably_Dumb
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:39 pm

hellosir wrote:
Comfortably_Dumb wrote:Got mine (Print 1) in the mail today. Great print, but the bottom left corner is banged up and there's a small crease right above the sillouhettes. Everybody else's ok?
Please Note: This original piece was used during the NYPD Drone Campaign, it will have road wear and tear, however it is one of a small handful of original pieces not confiscated by the NYPD or Van Wagner Comapany.
Read much?

That is referring to the original piece, not the prints. Hence the "This original piece..." that begins the sentence. So yeah, I can read. You?
Image Image Image
hellosir
Art Freak

Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:30 am

Ah my apologies, I thought all the available works were street pieces
Comfortably_Dumb
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:06 am

hellosir wrote:Ah my apologies, I thought all the available works were street pieces
No probs, I wish I could have swung an original! I think there were only 2 for sale. The damage on my print isn't all that bad... Corner framed out and no one notices the little crease mark.

Hey, just realized I hit 100 posts! Only took me 6 years...
Image Image Image