Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
WalterSobchak
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:01 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote:I have to agree that I enjoyed tomb raider more than any of the uncharted games. I also agree about the tombs being too short/easy though. Still an amazing game.
Seen Tomb Raider at a redbox. almost paid the dollar and cents, and now... sad I didn't.
Every morning I awake as someone else.
amb6883
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:21 pm

http://tombraiderstore.com/art.html

New giclee and screenprints were made available today based on the tomb raider if anyone is interested.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:39 am

amb6883 wrote:http://tombraiderstore.com/art.html

New giclee and screenprints were made available today based on the tomb raider if anyone is interested.

This one looks nice!
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:15 pm

Tomb Raider is better than WHICH Uncharted? All of them?
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:22 pm

theperfecttree wrote:Just finished my first JRPG Ni No Kuni. Great game.
I finished it the other day. First JRPG I've finished in probably a decade +. Love the game. Really hope they make a sequel.

Trying to decide if I want to play a Platinum or Grasshopper game before starting XCOM. 8)

I may try Tomb Raider when it is cheap. Doubt I will like it better than Uncharted, as that is maybe my favorite series this gen. But cool to see the positive reports.
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:32 pm

Re: Ni No Kuni

If anyone who has finished it or won't play any more, and would be open to selling it (or trading for a print) let me know.
markenglert
Art Expert

Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:48 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:Tomb Raider is better than WHICH Uncharted? All of them?
Better than 1 and 3, up there with 2. I'm a huge fan of the series as well.

It borrows heavily from Uncharted, but I was more invested in going through an adventure with Lara than I have ever been with Drake. I think the Giant Bomb quick look nails a lot of points concerning Tomb Raider versus Uncharted.
WalterSobchak
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:02 am

Kinda holding out on games. New systems are a bit away, but would rather save up what I can right now. Checking out the new systems makes my brain drool. OH THANK YOU TECHNOLOGY!
Every morning I awake as someone else.
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:05 am

markenglert wrote:

It borrows heavily from Uncharted, but I was more invested in going through an adventure with Lara than I have ever been with Drake. I think the Giant Bomb quick look nails a lot of points concerning Tomb Raider versus Uncharted.
All of this is spot on.
MarshMan65
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:07 am

Steam has a massive Indie game sale going on.

Highly reccomend picking up: Amnesia, Limbo, Binding of Issac, etc. All really cheap and really good!
Mondo Drops Are Built On Hope.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:56 am

I had started playing GOW Ascension, and had a few other games going on at the same time, however everything is on hold now. Bioshock Infinite comes out on Tuesday and it will be glorious.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:23 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:Bioshock Infinite comes out on Tuesday and it will be glorious.
Yeah, trying to rush through Borderlands 2 now so I can tackle Bioshock at launch!
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:11 pm

And now there is all this news of Ducktales getting remade?!?!?! AWESOME!
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:17 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote:
markenglert wrote:

All of this is spot on.
Ok, thanks for the responses guys.

I am a HUGE Uncharted fan, and so was wondering about this. Uncharted (and Bioshock) were reasons I bought a PS3 years ago.

I loved 1, and thought 2 was an improvement in every way...especially the controls (grenade throwing MUCH better) and story. I felt 3 was ok, but a bit too ridiculous, even by Uncharted standards. They are a ton of fun, despite cliche after cliche and cheesy scripts.

I want TR, but may wait as I want to explore the new Bioshock although I miss Rapture already. :(
Albah
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:27 pm

I'm gonna try to blow through Bioshock 1 and 2 this weekend to get me ready for Infinite next week. Though I've been stuck on HotS for the last few days. I'm addicted! :shock: