Hans Solo Trading Card 13 Dye

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
HARRYHOOD213
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:48 am

Yesterday was SW day for me. Picked up Darth Chocolate, Hans and the Princess. HUGE SW Fan - loved them all.
jampar5000
Art Expert

Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:53 am

HARRYHOOD213 wrote:Yesterday was SW day for me. Picked up Darth Chocolate, Hans and the Princess. HUGE SW Fan - loved them all.
me too! :clap: :clap:
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:13 am

I think both SW prints here are very cool in screen print form.

However, I do not understand these or the Metropolis being passed off as original art, just because someone decided to screen them...kinda missing the important first half of the process, the whole originality thing. Also, the copyright issues on these seem like it could be an issue, if the powers that be even know about it.
BloodyMurray
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:52 pm

any chance of scoring a PB for this? i know it's last minute but would really appreciate the help.
bert
Art Expert

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:04 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:However, I do not understand these or the Metropolis being passed off as original art, just because someone decided to screen them...kinda missing the important first half of the process, the whole originality thing. Also, the copyright issues on these seem like it could be an issue, if the powers that be even know about it.
Yeah, I hear what you're saying...I went for a silver Metropolis poster as I love the image and I thought having it in silver was a bit different. I think a screened version with metallic inks could look pretty cool. I feel a bit naughty as it's essentially a smaller screened re-print of the original, but the original is a bit out of my price range! I'm curious to see how it looks and what the detail is like.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:16 pm

I appreciate that at least they are acknowledged as bootlegs, but this kind of thing doesn't interest me. And I say that as a huge fans of Star Wars and screenprints. If somebody attempted a hand drawn version inspired by the original card, for example, I'd be more tempted.
nandaman
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:52 pm

I would still really like one of these...sale on-line? Been checking on the glunt graffix site - and not yet listed for sale.
InkDodger
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:08 pm

Its, "Hans" not "Han". correct?
Art is what you can get away with. - AW
InkDodger
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:09 pm

InkDodger wrote:Its, "Hans" not "Han". correct?
Nope its "Han"....I am wrong.
Art is what you can get away with. - AW
jamel-d
Art Freak

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:11 pm

I think this trading card would look really cool in the spokes of a huge bicycle wheel.
SenseiMonkeyboy1
Art Expert

Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:45 pm

jamel-d wrote:I think this trading card would look really cool in the spokes of a huge bicycle wheel.
:rolling:
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:46 pm

Sure wish I had a chance at this one. Guess none made it up online?
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:03 pm

InkDodger wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I just think it's hilarious that someone out there thought it was Hans Solo all this time! :lol:

Or did you think it was Hans Olo? lol even better! :clap:

Metallics on this and the Snow Princess are sweet. And got a chance to chat with Mr. Dye for a bit at the show on Friday. :notworthy: Very cool, very humble. Gave out some funny handbills - I got an OJ Simpson and a Star Wars themed Blunt Graffix. Plus some pins! Everyone loves pins! They say "I'M BLUNT MOTHERF*CKIN' GRAFFIX!!!" :D
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
brewsky
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:11 pm

earlgreytoast wrote: Metallics on this and the Snow Princess are sweet. And got a chance to chat with Mr. Dye for a bit at the show on Friday. :notworthy: Very cool, very humble. Gave out some funny handbills - I got an OJ Simpson and a Star Wars themed Blunt Graffix. Plus some pins! Everyone loves pins! They say "I'M BLUNT MOTHERF*CKIN' GRAFFIX!!!" :D
I agree, Matt was awesome, and these prints look incredible in person. They are loaded with metallics which gave them a cool hologram type of effect. I got those handbills and pin from him as well and even went as far as cutting a mat and framing the Darth Chocolate. Gotta do the same for "The Juice" next.
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:24 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
InkDodger wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I just think it's hilarious that someone out there thought it was Hans Solo all this time! :lol:

Or did you think it was Hans Olo? lol even better! :clap:
The thread title is incorrect. I'll admit that I typed Hans. :D