Dead Silence 13 Taylor

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
SerpentSociety
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:00 pm

Mine arrived yesterday. The poster was laid over the LP, folded over so to speak but without any creasing or corner damage. I am flattening it now. I love this image and will be putting it a frame. I can't believe it was shipped that way..crammed in a box and without a number. I think compared to some, I came out with a better condition poster so I guess I'll have to be happy with that.
statik
Art Expert

Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:15 pm

I contatced Ken Taylor as I said I would and here's what was said:

Me: Just thought you should be aware of the packing job people over at Billy Talent. It's not fair for your name to get a bad rep because of a incompetent company who clearly had no clue what they were doing.

starts here:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 6&start=60

and here:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... &start=300

---

Ken: yeah i saw that - unfortuantely there is not too much i can do about it - thats why i had my versions that were print only - i had no idea what they were going to do with theirs - i wasnt sure if they would be giveaways or selling them at shows etc etc - clearly they dont know what they are doing when it comes to packing the prints and i guess the best thing to do will be to take it up with them but i am guessing they will look at it from the point of view that you were buying the vinyl and ' oh we are going to throw in a cheap print' - but you never know. did the poster come direct from the band or was it some sort of merchandising arm? Its a real shame - no idea why they werent numbered either - bummer dude

---

Me: At work on cell so reply will be short. I'll check return address when im home. Believe it was new york.

You mind if i share what you responded with on eb forum? I wouldnt do that without your permission

---

Ken: yeah sure

---

And for those wondering what my email said to Billy Talent about this bullshit.

Just like to know what I should do here. Package came today and sure enough the print is damaged. A nice crease right down the middle on the top of the border. Not sure why anyone would think it was smart to pack a print in a freaking box. I tried to warn the people in charge of the store ahead of time that bringing on a name like Ken Taylor will bring in a lot of high profile art collectors and sure enough it did. I'm hearing multiple complaints (with photos of proof) of damaged orders.

I would like a replacement but I want it packed right. Invest in some Yazoo Mills tubes, kraft paper, and blue painters tape. I offered advice on how to pack a print was turned down with assurance that you guys had it covered. Let me know what to do from here. Thanks.
drymount your sig!
trarex
Art Expert

Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:32 pm

Ken is at no fault for this shipping debacle.
He supplied a customer with a product and they dropped the ball.
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
jamel-d
Art Freak

Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:44 pm

statik wrote:and blue painters tape.
Except for fellow EBers and myself, I've yet to receive a poster taped with blue painter's tape. Masking tape, packing tape and scotch tape seems to be the tape of choice from artists and galleries. Oh, and lest I forget packing tape plus a sticker from Obey.
Last edited by jamel-d on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
statik
Art Expert

Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:44 pm

trarex wrote:Ken is at no fault for this shipping debacle.
He supplied a customer with a product and they dropped the ball.
Exactly but at the same time he deserves to know.
drymount your sig!
Ainshol
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:18 am

CrustaR wrote:
Ainshol wrote:Mine arrived last night. No damage at all but was really pissed when I saw that they were not signed or numbered. :? I say Taylor should have a lottery system for numbers. That way everyone gets a fair shot at writing a number on theirs. Anyone know what the edition size?
Edition size is 69, I think.
Can't go wrong with a print run of 69.
ImageImageImage ImageImage
poopsicle
Art Expert

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:44 pm

teehee teehoo!
You can't spread peanut butter on a porpoise.
bootstrut
Art Expert

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:01 pm

My print and LP just came. I was fortunate to have a relatively undamaged copy, aside from a couple of back scars that don't affect the print. Edges and corners are crisp. Like others said, had the box come flipped by USPS, the print would have been crushed by the LP. Worst packing job ever.

Sorry to everyone who received damaged posters :(
mobius006
Art Freak

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:15 pm

jesus sucks to hear :oops:
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:19 pm

Anyone hear back?
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
evilpresence
Art Expert

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:25 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:Anyone hear back?
Not yet.
hax0n
Art Expert

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:49 pm

evilpresence wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:Anyone hear back?
Not yet.
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works
ahrkitekt
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:42 am

I just got this package today and I didn't even know what it was at first. I can't believe they thought this was an acceptable way to ship a poster. I am very surprised my copy was not more damaged. I have order LP and print combo deals from other bands before and they have always shipped the poster separately.
Last edited by ahrkitekt on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ISO Horkey Nesting
cestjoel
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:48 am

Got this today. Standard sized frame from Aaron Brothers just had my framer put a mat and museum glass. I didn't like the mat covering part of the image so I'm gonna get it re-matted. I'll post the final product when it's done.

Sorry if the image is too large- I'm on my phone
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:51 am

Turned out awesome Joel, nice job!