Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:58 pm

http://badassdigest.com/2013/02/08/batt ... ong-mondo/

So this is interesting:
There's a variant edition that will be available only as part of the opening weekend festivities at the new Alamo Drafthouse in Vintage Park, Houston (tickets here!), but if you're able to get a Tugg screening off the ground in your home town, Mondo will include copies of the regular edition for you and to give to attendees! So not only do you get a great, rarely seen (theatrically) movie in your town, you get a cool poster for your trouble.

The way Tugg works is that you request a screening (at this page here) and then attempt to pre-sell enough tickets to make the screening happen. If you pass the threshold, the screening occurs, the posters arrive and everybody's happy!
So does that means Mondo could have an open-run regular based on who succeeds with local showings?
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
infrared90s
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:01 pm

thats a pretty cool concept
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:02 pm

mike123230 wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
GatorsCanes wrote:I think he means he isnt changing his plans to go to Austin, no matter what is going on in Houston.
A comma makes all the difference...
I think it was more my rather inappropriate use of a preposition to end a sentence.
8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
fitz
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:04 pm

I really like that poster but its not one I could realistically see ever going up on a wall.

A great line you may not have heard before:

Vincent: you know what they call the Hunger Games in Paris?

Jules: what'd they call it?

Vincent: Battle Royale with Cheese.
listerfeend
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:05 pm

@MondoNews wrote:If you were trying to buy tickets for BATTLE ROYALE and were having trouble, the TUGG site seems to be doing okay now.
:lol: Why aren't the tickets sold out? You guys know the site works now... right?
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:08 pm

jeter0204 wrote:
binky79 wrote:
"Mondo Mystery Movie: Part 2"

Spoiler Alert: Its Jurassic Park
God I hope not. I'm tired of the same set of films getting prints. there are other films out there besides, NoES, Jaws, LOTR, BTTF, JP, IG, etc.

JP only has a 127 minute runtime and the MMM says it's 134 minute runtime.
While IMDB lists a shorter run time, if you search for Jurassic Park 134 minutes on google, you'll find a LOT of references to The Lost World being 134 minutes long.

While I'm not too turned on by it, could you imagine if it had an Aaron Horkey poster to accompany his first one? BOIOIOIOIOIOING!
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:10 pm

I hope it's Akira.

again
That's what she said
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:11 pm

finneganm wrote:I hope it's Akira.

again
akira 2: the akiraing
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:12 pm

listerfeend wrote:
@MondoNews wrote:If you were trying to buy tickets for BATTLE ROYALE and were having trouble, the TUGG site seems to be doing okay now.
:lol: Why aren't the tickets sold out? You guys know the site works now... right?
I haven't noticed the site having issues since the first announcement lol looks like this is taking longer than expected to sell out.
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
RadRacing
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:23 pm

Print aside, I didn't really like the movie. I couldn't believe how they counted down each character. Painful.
VulturePiano
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:28 pm

zombiedictator wrote: So does that means Mondo could have an open-run regular based on who succeeds with local showings?
I was reading somewhere its a "while supplies last" offer for the screenings that are able to get off the ground.
Potaplant
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:34 pm

@MondoNews: We're adding a SCOTT PILGRIM screening to the night! If you attend the BATTLE ROYALE screening, that ticket will get you into it!
Not feeling well? Perhaps you have a cannabinoid deficiency.....
farva2
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:35 pm

thank god i already have the ansin, I'll be ok if they do a print for that as well.
mistersmith wrote: (an unlicensed Bad Boys 2 poster is probably the least essential use I can think of for a piece of paper. At least if you wipe your ass with some paper you will have cleaned up a mess).
jeter0204
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Potaplant wrote:@MondoNews: We're adding a SCOTT PILGRIM screening to the night! If you attend the BATTLE ROYALE screening, that ticket will get you into it!
Meh nothing about a print regarding Scott Pilgrim so still a pass.
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:38 pm

"@MondoNews: We're adding a SCOTT PILGRIM screening to the night! If you attend the BATTLE ROYALE screening, that ticket will get you into it!..oh and ICE CREAM, guys. Free ice cream!"