Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
captainhavoc
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:07 pm

The Bryan Lee O'Malley factor is tempting me... but not enough to drive to Htown.
Ayes wrote:Maybe all these dates who've been turning you down see you in your yard hurling cat food and blowing weed smoke at your neighbor's pets.
Atlas
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:07 pm

Like that they're bringing Bryan Lee O'Malley into the fold, but don't think I'll be making the drive for this one. Might go for a reg once they're available. Should be a great time for the Houston folks though :cheers:
binky79
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:08 pm

Do you think he'll be signing stuff? I'd love to have my Danger - Clash at Demonhead signed....
elanmars
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:09 pm

Curious to see the regular now, tempted to buy tickets for a friend that lives there so she can get this for me but I don't wanna kick myself if the regular is better to me...but then I may kick myself anyway if it isn't...ahh, first world mondo poster problems.

I'm a big fan of the movie, big fan of Tong and I've dug O'malley's Scott Pilgrim comics (and movie a lot, have the Martin Ansin print after all).

See, this is the stuff I rather see on a drop than that nightmare on elm street poster yesterday..but whatevers....
to see some of my photography, click down below!
http://www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography
Potaplant
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:10 pm

i just brought two tickets, anybody want them or free? just send me a poster, and you get a poster for free?
Not feeling well? Perhaps you have a cannabinoid deficiency.....
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:11 pm

lsmith55 wrote:
DaleCooper wrote:Great choice of movie. Awful poster.
2010'ers never have constructive criticism. tsk* tsk* tsk*

Just kidding :wink:
haha. I'm just can't be bothered beating around the bush. Not that anybody cares about my opinion.
cestjoel
Art Connoisseur

elanmars wrote:Curious to see the regular now, tempted to buy tickets for a friend that lives there so she can get this for me but I don't wanna kick myself if the regular is better to me...but then I may kick myself anyway if it isn't...ahh, first world mondo poster problems.

I'm a big fan of the movie, big fan of Tong and I've dug O'malley's Scott Pilgrim comics (and movie a lot, have the Martin Ansin print after all).

See, this is the stuff I rather see on a drop than that nightmare on elm street poster yesterday..but whatevers....
I think this is the regular, isn't it?
punch
Art Expert

I love the writeup trying to sell this screening:

"One of the most controversial Japanese films of the decade is finally getting a much-deserved theatrical release! "

Huh? Wasn't this movie a giant hit in Japan? Made a ton of money. It just had issues with distrobution to other markets that had nothing to do with it being "controversial".

Like A CLOCKWORK ORANGE for the 21st century, this blood-soaked satire by the late great Japanese director Kinji Fukasaku is the tale of a dystopian society of the not-too-distant future overrun by teen violence and rebellion

Ummmm.. i get some of the themes are sorta smiliar between the films but Clockwork Orange shouldn't even be in the same mention as Battle Royale. Battle Royale isn't that great of a movie.. it's got a few good scenes but as a whole it's not great film. The Magna is fantastic however.

just my .02
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:12 pm

Superfro33 wrote:I drymounting love that O'Malley print! :drool:
85$ though frak ISO
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
sgillane
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:12 pm

The regular will probably just be the kids pre-killings won't it?

Also, a Scott Pilgrim movie poster by O'Malley please.
AKBAPE
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:14 pm

Can anyone grab a poster for me if I buy them a ticekt?
infrared90s
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:14 pm

sgillane wrote:Also, a Scott Pilgrim movie poster by O'Malley please.
that would be awesome
Lukexxxi
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:15 pm

Awesome to see O'Malley getting a gig with Mondo. Shame I dont really dig the film.

Now if we could get a Scott Pilgrim print......
charter
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:18 pm

Poster is not for me, but it's a good movie so still should be fun.
samgilbert
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:19 pm

Poop. Bought 2 tickets before realizing this was Houston... doubt my designated Austin PB wants to make that drive... Anyone interested in the ol' two free tickets, give me one of them bad boys?

EDIT: Hey, I think it's called for errbody. Thanks for playin!
Last edited by samgilbert on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like posters.