End Of The Trail 08 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:47 pm

New image End Of The Trail 08 EMEK
Framed mini-print

attackonthebass
Art Expert

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:48 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/End-Of-The-Trai ... 337f7cc7b1

can't find any edition that is 12.5x17.5 , has anyone seen anything like this before? seems too good to be true which usually means =bullshit!
Common sense, is not that common
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:19 pm

attackonthebass wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/End-Of-The-Trai ... 337f7cc7b1

can't find any edition that is 12.5x17.5 , has anyone seen anything like this before? seems too good to be true which usually means =bullshit!
I don't see a signature. Doesn't Emek always sign everything?
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
veltri
Art Expert

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:27 pm

Here's ackirkpatrick's response from Emek.

ackirkpatrick wrote:His response was a bit cryptic. I would call them no good either way.

From Emek

not sure how or why those are out there.. not signed by me?
stolen?
i dont know what those are...

Emek
That's the second "rare proof" of this put up by that seller so far. I wonder how many they have/will print off. :roll:
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:45 pm

Don't buy it as an investment; just buy it if you love it and want it for yorself and the price is what you'd pay if it ends up being worthless for resale.
My $0.02.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
HisBobness
Art Expert

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:39 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:Don't buy it as an investment; just buy it if you love it and want it for yorself and the price is what you'd pay if it ends up being worthless for resale.
My $0.02.
Yeah. It's a great image. But since Emek didn't print these, I wouldn't want to give the seller any money.
automator
Nobody

Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:25 pm

New image End Of The Trail 08 EMEK
Wood Edition

wapalms
Art Expert

Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:49 am

That wood is nice but $85 shipping to Oz, I'll have to pass.
Image Image X2
TNspreadhead
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:42 pm

how many times can he sell the same image...what a drymounting joke at this point. this is exactly why his art holds no value these days. Never seen an artist bastardize their own name or image as much as emek...damn shame because he is talented, apparently just not business savvy
pvecchi
Art Expert

Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:04 pm

TNspreadhead wrote:how many times can he sell the same image...what a drymounting joke at this point. this is exactly why his art holds no value these days. Never seen an artist bastardize their own name or image as much as emek...damn shame because he is talented, apparently just not business savvy
Seems pretty business savvy to me....not sure if he cares too much about the flip for his custies
danebp
Art Expert

Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:03 am

TNspreadhead wrote:how many times can he sell the same image...what a drymounting joke at this point. this is exactly why his art holds no value these days. Never seen an artist bastardize their own name or image as much as emek...damn shame because he is talented, apparently just not business savvy
I don't follow the sentiment or line of reasoning. EMEK still typically has no problem selling out releases in a matter of a couple of minutes (at prices that are often significantly higher than a few years ago) and his foil and color variants routinely sell at very healthy levels (many at $500 and up). Seems like he is doing just fine and continuing to deliver great art for his fans.

As for the wood variant, I think it's great and an affordable option for those who can't afford the GP that still sells for $500 or more. And I certainly don't think that this version is going to lead to the GP plummeting in value.
TNspreadhead
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:41 pm

To each their own. Also let me make clear that decreasing value is not just in reference to a flip. It is beneficial for the artists as well who hold items in their archives for later sales to have art that holds a high value. I'm sure no one would consider that flipping, 5 years down the road if an archived print was busted out at TRPS or sent to auction sixties like he does with his 1/1 hand coloreds.

As far as putting out great work, can you really look at something this recent and say it's all that great? This had to be one of the worst prints for that particular tour, I'm quite surprised he left so much open space after seeing his previous works for them, and other bands for that matter

Scratch
Art Expert

Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:13 pm

I don't know about investment. . Or any of that other stuff. . I guess I'm bias.. cause alot a emek stuff goes threw my hands.. weird thing is.. I actually only own a hand full in my own collection. . And this is one of um.. I personally think it's a beautiful piece.. don't buy it if you don't like it.. it's one a my personal all time emek pieces. . And I'm gunna see if emek will squeeze me into gettin one a the wood ones to.. :)
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:40 pm

Although I am not a fan of art prints for a gig poster what so ever, I am a fan of negative space.
Panic had a terrible year for gig posters. The Emek was a high point in my opinion.
He's an artist who draws all that by hand, I think he nailed it.

He's hanging in there same as all the big time gig poster artists.
Considering the influx of young, apparently deaf, ding dongs who would rather see yet another Charlie Brown poster than a classic gig poster... Emek is shredding.
TNspreadhead
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:57 pm

dropdoctor wrote:

Pretty obvious who's holding a lot of Emek "investments" :lol:
pvecchi wrote: Seems pretty business savvy to me
+1
I own about 4 of his pieces total. Variants of shows I attended