EB Art of the Year

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
jojobadass
Art God

Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Big year for black keys prints
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
hongkongcavaliers
Art Expert

Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:58 pm

Cinema

Art Print

Poster

Amazingly, I've got all three...

These made it tough:

ImageImageImage
aahnutz
EB Team

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:03 pm

RiotAct wrote:Hey how come Vania's LoTR print is in the Art Print voting and not Cinema Poster?
No credits.
ackirkpatrick wrote:A lot of art prints should have been included in the cinema section instead.
Very unlikely. Team members reviewed all eligible prints to make sure they were in the proper class. Did you refer to the listing information for those you are questioning?
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
alittle
Art Freak

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:08 pm

How long does the voting stay open?
thebends9
Art Expert

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:08 pm

These are the correct answers:

sixstringer
Art Expert

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:13 pm

Art Print:

Cinema Poster:
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:16 pm

hongkongcavaliers wrote:
Not really amazing; I think people tend to vote for things they really like and so own. My three choices are in my collection at least! :lol:
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
fnord
Art Expert

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:22 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
hongkongcavaliers wrote:
Not really amazing; I think people tend to vote for things they really like and so own. My three choices are in my collection at least! :lol:
Felt like I could really only vote for things I owned/have seen in person but Celebration Day still won out even though I've just seen jpegs

DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
bmerel
Art Expert

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:23 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
hongkongcavaliers wrote:

I voted for two that I own but don't have any movie prints so just voted for dangers psycho piece. That baby is a drymountin stunner.
ackirkpatrick
Art Expert

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Huntz-

I didn't mean by error. I just meant that a poster with Optimus Prime flying through the air, is a cinema print (even without credits). I understand the reasoning, it's just my opinion that an art print is something inspired, imagined, developed etc. in the mind of the artist and not a scene borrowed from show or movie. I think of cinema prints as a representation of the movie/show which is the same for a lot of the cinema based "art prints."

I'm glad the third category was added, but the third category being added was to give cinema and gig their own equal representation and avoid one overshadowing the other. With the immense popularity of cinema based prints they are doing the same thing to art prints as they did to gig posters in past years.

I'm still a relative noob to this stuff, so maybe as I learn more my opinion will change, but for now that's how I see it.

:pint:
alittle
Art Freak

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:31 pm

I was torn between Acedia and Civilisation for art print of the year...ended up voting Acedia...I feel so dirty. :oops:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:36 pm

alittle wrote:I was torn between Acedia and Civilisation for art print of the year...ended up voting Acedia...I feel so dirty. :oops:
:(
mtarail
Art Expert

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:41 pm

ackirkpatrick wrote: I'm glad the third category was added, but the third category being added was to give cinema and gig their own equal representation and avoid one overshadowing the other. With the immense popularity of cinema based prints they are doing the same thing to art prints as they did to gig posters in past years.
Valid point. But the separate category for cinema is still a huge step forward.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:13 pm

Was Hush Masked Siren not in there?
shivashakti
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:24 pm

Art:

Gig:

Cinema:

Would have voted for this one for cinema, but it was not included.

Also, that Celebration Day is absolutely hideous, .jpeg or in person. You guys have to be joking, right?