Acedia 12 Geddes Release Discussion 11/20/12

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
fordwd
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:06 pm

summoner wrote:
fordwd wrote:
summoner wrote:Oh, and I see you are from South Africa... :lol: ...... :roll:
If you are implying what I think you are then you are out of drymounting line. That fudge is not on. End of story.

Soph asked for suggestions and I offered one. I didn't proclaim it as the answer but rather as a suggestion...Yes, it will be a lot of work; verification would be tough, but there are ways and means. As for the elitist thing, I'm sure that could be argued either way, but it seems quite self explanatory that if someone bought a print because they liked it and didn't sell it they would be considered a fan.
If it looks like a duck....
All pretty rich coming from an American... :roll:

This bickering is pointless, but you should hold you tongue regarding things you don't understand! Silly man!

Now can we please get back to discussing the art, the reason why we're all here...
bkboy77
Art Expert

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:22 pm

fordwd wrote:Now can we please get back to discussing the art, the reason why we're all here...
I'm sorry but this is the release discussion..... only +1 / :hanging: , sandy vag complaints, shipping/delivery and flipping/ebay advice should be posted in this thread.
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
oldfartatplay
Art Expert

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:36 pm

fordwd wrote:
summoner wrote:
fordwd wrote:
If you are implying what I think you are then you are out of drymounting line. That fudge is not on. End of story.

Soph asked for suggestions and I offered one. I didn't proclaim it as the answer but rather as a suggestion...Yes, it will be a lot of work; verification would be tough, but there are ways and means. As for the elitist thing, I'm sure that could be argued either way, but it seems quite self explanatory that if someone bought a print because they liked it and didn't sell it they would be considered a fan.
All pretty rich coming from an American... :roll:

This bickering is pointless, but you should hold you tongue regarding things you don't understand! Silly man!

Now can we please get back to discussing the art, the reason why we're all here...
fordwd, don't pay any attention to what this whiney, mr know-it-all says. And he is a good example of what's wrong with many Americans.
finneganm
Art Freak

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:37 pm

This thread took a strange turn.
That's what she said
bmerel
Art Expert

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:48 pm

My opinion...

lotteries are tough considering that people can create multiple paypal accounts, emails, etc and submit countless entries.
an announced drop time is great because it keeps the playing level relatively fair.
a random drop time of 3 hours or so on an announced date is where my vote would lie.
theres not much one can do to prevent flippers from purchasing and making their money on the aftermarket. its the same as ticket brokering.
what can be done, which is a bit more painstaking and time consuming, is to maybe hire someone to be the "police" once a print is released. that may help rid a majority of immediate aftermarket sales but wont even come close to eliminating it completely.
we all need to understand that this community of art collecting is also a business...for the artists, collectors and resellers. thats not going to change anytime soon so we may as well accept it and move on. in the meantime, i vote for releases that are fair for everyone. thats all. my $.04

cheers and happy years of the new!!
middayshadows
Art Expert

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:12 pm

finneganm wrote:Honest question, has anyone ever done a very short limited window timed edition (10 minutes or so)? I keep advocating this, but I'm not sure if it's been done before. If not, I think it could be a very interesting experiment.
I've suggested this in the past, both in the Olly Moss thread (pre Double Ghost) and directly as a suggestion to Soph (per Warmer Air).

I think she and Jeremy wanted to commit completely to a no holds barred timed-release, with a significant time window, for Warmer Air. She is aware of the idea of a brief time-window as an option for a more regular drop, and unless something has changed since the last time she commented on it, I don't think she has ruled it out. For the record I remain all for this idea.

RestlessEye wrote: Although the Acedia drop kinda felt like a lottery with the purchase button randomly appearing.
Exactly how I felt afterwards.
finneganm wrote:This thread took a strange turn.
Back on track now hopefully.
fung430
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:36 pm

You all have to remember that missing out is part of the collecting game too. I don't get it why people get so butt hurt when they miss out. Call it a good fight and dust yourself off and move on.
felocin
Art Expert

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:59 pm

What with the "American" bashing?
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:03 pm

felocin wrote:What with the "American" bashing?
Something about apartheid and a duck :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:06 pm

I like the idea of a 5 or 10 minute 'timed' release in the hopes that the 'purchase' button will actually appear at some point in that window while keeping the edition size reasonable. Also requires the fans to be on the ball or create a ton of whiny ass 'will blow for a PB' threads here on EB. Either way, it's a win-win :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:19 pm

summoner wrote:
fordwd wrote:

you sound like a dipshit online, i'm sure you're just as fabulous in person.
8=====D~~~~
AliceAdrenochrome
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:32 pm

^ so true.

A timed release with a reasonable time frame could possibly be an option but I'd also say keep things the way they are and fix the purchase button issue. I was lucky enough to get Acedia, but unfortunately I never saw the purchase button for Cluster.
summoner
Art Freak

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:40 pm

BlakeAronson wrote:
summoner wrote:
fordwd wrote:

you sound like a dipshit online, i'm sure you're just as fabulous in person.
Actually I am, your want to cuddle me an everything.
Image Image Image
mrkyuss
Art God

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:16 pm

I had to check to make sure I wasn't in the DAL Adrenaline discussion.....
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
alexphoto01
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:24 pm

mrkyuss wrote:I had to check to make sure I wasn't in the DAL Adrenaline discussion.....