QOTSA Las Vegas 03 Hampton

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:17 pm

This topic is dedicated to: QOTSA Las Vegas 03 Hampton

Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:03 am

According to this listing on Ebay there is a "special edition" of this print screened with silver metallic inks. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... id=&sasel=
Flimby

Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:54 am

Codeblue wrote:According to this listing on Ebay there is a "special edition" of this print screened with silver metallic inks. Here is the link:

that is the same screenprint that we have been tracking (run of 150)

is there an offset print of this image as well?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:02 pm

Flimby wrote:
Codeblue wrote:According to this listing on Ebay there is a "special edition" of this print screened with silver metallic inks. Here is the link:

Are you sure? I have the one of the run of 150 on my wall and it doesn't have metallic inks.
Flimby

Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:05 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Flimby wrote:

Are you sure? I have the one of the run of 150 on my wall and it doesn't have metallic inks.
not 100%, but given the item description, I think it is
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:09 pm

I seem to remember there being a discussion about the different versions of this print on another forum....I just don't remember which one.
Flimby

Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:13 pm

I think you are right, edition of 50.
jojobadass
Art God

Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:19 pm

Flimby wrote:I think you are right, edition of 50.

maybe that's the show print/proof?

The guy says it's numbered.......50 just seems kind of high for one of Justin's S/E's
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:33 pm

Almost certainly a Show Proof edition - especially with the numbering being out of 50. I think I've heard of a "Show Proof Edition" for nearly all of the 2003 PNE QOTSA prints now and they have all been out of runs of 50.
Tra la la la la...
piemel
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:32 pm

Yamar wrote:Almost certainly a Show Proof edition - especially with the numbering being out of 50. I think I've heard of a "Show Proof Edition" for nearly all of the 2003 PNE QOTSA prints now and they have all been out of runs of 50.
yes and no

YES i recall show proof editions for all of the 2003 PNE QOTSA posters

NO, some were editioned in larger numbers if I recall correctly (150 etc)

shows you how drymounting confusing all these reatrded editions are for collectors and the marketplace
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:41 pm

Yep - they sure were/are confusing. Thankfully, they also realized it and made the 2005 set much easier to deal with (in my opinion).
So maybe it's safe to say that there were show proof editions of at least 50 prints for each poster in the '03 set?
Tra la la la la...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:04 pm

Here is the official word from JH himself. Can someone please update the listing for this print?

"The Main run was offset in an edition of 150 and the show proofs were numbered of 50 only. The one that you saw for sale was an original attempt to screen print the main run and my printer was getting used to new equiptment and having a hard time printing the run correctly. The deadline was right on top of me so I decided to have them printed offset instead. The print that was in the auction was one of the rare test prints from the screen print attempt. "
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:07 am

Flimby wrote:

Is someone going to correct this listing, or do I need to email a curator with the specifics?
Flimby

Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:56 am

Codeblue wrote:
Flimby wrote:

Is someone going to correct this listing, or do I need to email a curator with the specifics?
updated
mikesbri
Art Enthusiast

Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:00 am

anyone purchasing his new release of this poster with the b/w?