ThatsNotGlue
Art Expert

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:13 pm

I'm poor guys, cut me some slack.
Codeblue wrote:Not really.
xjmjx
Art Expert

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Any idea when these will go up? Will Mitch do a standard 2 PM CST drop?
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:04 pm

TheBlack wrote:Monday evening will be spent f5'ing then.
Hope to acquire this, otherwise I'll have to be patient and buy it off somebody who'll come to realise that Horkey's don't flip. So all in all I'm not that worried.
this whole idea that 'horkey's don't flip' seems really misguided. there are a few of his prints that don't flip and that's usually due to a really high initial price point to or it being an older gig poster with a larger run. something like this, an art print with a small run at a more than reasonable price, they're definitely to going flip and be sought after over the long-haul.
TheBlack
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Bralumian wrote:
Hope to acquire this, otherwise I'll have to be patient and buy it off somebody who'll come to realise that Horkey's don't flip. So all in all I'm not that worried.
this whole idea that 'horkey's don't flip' seems really misguided. there are a few of his prints that don't flip and that's usually due to a really high initial price point to or it being an older gig poster with a larger run. something like this, an art print with a small run at a more than reasonable price, they're definitely to going flip and be sought after over the long-haul.
Nope, willing to bet on it that that's not going to happen :p
frieddumpling
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:45 pm

xjmjx wrote:Any idea when these will go up? Will Mitch do a standard 2 PM CST drop?
jachapma
Art Expert

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:47 pm

I wish random drops were on weekends for the workin' folk. I'll just need a fair amount of luck with this one.
I *still* don't care for Gob.
canuck
Art Freak

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:06 pm

It can't get any worse then the Andrew Bird drop.
mohawkpalace
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:02 am

Many will go for it.. :clap: :clap:
mycrospazm
Art Expert

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:22 am

Damn. This isn't going to be easy at all...
mtarail
Art Expert

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:33 am

TheBlack wrote:
Bralumian wrote:
Agree with the black on this one. Some Horkey's flip, but most of 'em don't. This is a great image, but between the price, the size of the run,and the fact that this image is already covered by an even larger run of Converge posters, I don't see this one flipping. I commend Horkey on the run size and the price. It hits the sweet spot of satisfying his fans, and setting a price which will pretty much make this print impossible to flip, imo.
ceevee
Art Expert

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:44 am

Damn. Anyone already have one or not interested in this one that is willing to help me out on Monday? I will be computerless all afternoon.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:53 pm

ceevee wrote:Damn. Anyone already have one or not interested in this one that is willing to help me out on Monday? I will be computerless all afternoon.
I'm also in meetings all day. If Mitch is letting anyone cart two, do it, we ALL need hookups this time around. :)
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:55 pm

mtarail wrote:
TheBlack wrote:
Bralumian wrote:
Agree with the black on this one. Some Horkey's flip, but most of 'em don't. This is a great image, but between the price, the size of the run,and the fact that this image is already covered by an even larger run of Converge posters, I don't see this one flipping. I commend Horkey on the run size and the price. It hits the sweet spot of satisfying his fans, and setting a price which will pretty much make this print impossible to flip, imo.
the 'theory' that they don't exists completely in a vacuum and possibly only in this thread. you two are welcome to live a world of delusion as far as this is concerned and yes, the image is used in the converge show poster, but considering those are already selling for 5-6x their original price and given that many people seem to prefer the art print version, not to mention the fact that a majority of the show prints were snapped up by converge fans and will never be seen again, on ebay or elsewise, i stand by my original statement. there's scarcely more of these than 'midwestern heart' and it seems to me that is fast becoming one of his more sought after prints.
mtarail
Art Expert

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:29 pm

Bralumian wrote: the 'theory' that they don't exists completely in a vacuum and possibly only in this thread. you two are welcome to live a world of delusion as far as this is concerned and yes, the image is used in the converge show poster, but considering those are already selling for 5-6x their original price and given that many people seem to prefer the art print version, not to mention the fact that a majority of the show prints were snapped up by converge fans and will never be seen again, on ebay or elsewise, i stand by my original statement. there's scarcely more of these than 'midwestern heart' and it seems to me that is fast becoming one of his more sought after prints.
I said some flip, but most don't. You mentioned Horkey posters selling for 5-6x the original price. I can only think of two from the past few years--Dracula and Midwestern Heart.

Midwestern Heart is a great example of why I don't think this will flip. That was a run of 100 prints, almost all of which were sold in-person at a gallery in Aaron's home town. Some fans travelled long distances to get that print and see the show. So it's no big surprise that hard-core fans and locals from Windom who picked up a print aren't interested in coughing them up--the number of MWH's that folks are willing to sell is tiny.

But with Naif, between the art print, the poster, and AP's, there'll be north of 350 copies of this image out there. I agree that a lot of Converge fans who get the poster at a show won't resell, but the run numbers are still good, for someone looking to pick the image up.

At any rate, good luck to everyone trying for one of these tomorrow!
Vedderman23
Art Expert

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:12 pm

:pint:
Last edited by Vedderman23 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.