Official Rhys Cooper Thread

General art-related discussion.
canuck
Art Freak

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:27 pm

jws325 wrote:
canuck wrote:Rampage was 3 prints for 60. That was a steal. Shipping was probably 50 bucks though...
I'm in the US and shipping for the Rampage set was only $20 thankfully. I'm stoked for my new set of prints.
Oh nice shipping wasn't too bad for people that got the set. The chesire was 20 all by itself :(
seppuku
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:04 pm

MatchsMalone wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:If you pay attention to this thread or his FB, there have been updates. Vague, but present.
Oh I have been paying attention. My point is that good customer service wouldn't require me to keep checking up on it. He should at a minimum send out an email or offer to make some kind of amends.

But you're right, he's given us updates, like this one:
seppuku wrote:GoT banners are currently at the printers being done and underway.
Sorry it has been a little slow, all printers seem to be pretty booked at the moment with other group shows on and it is a pretty big job.
As soon as they get to me I'll be processing the pre-orders and sending them out, any remaining copies will be dropped after that and the drop will be announced in the fb group.
So yeah, two months ago he said they were being printed and then he'd be sending them out right away.

EDIT: and just to be fair, I remembered that he did also post this update 2-3 weeks ago:
seppuku wrote:Due to being booked solid and a bit of a heat wave there was a delay with Call the Banners apparently it wreaks havoc with the paper and not too pleasant working in a hot print shop with ink fumes.
Being finished up now and shipped, I will get all the pre-orders done asahp.
Thanks for the patience with this, I hope you think it is worth the wait.
But still, if I wasn't aware of this board, I'd be completely in the dark.
Hey man, I'm sorry this has gotten you mad.
I've done my best to keep people updated on this series and always been upfront with any concerned customers who have emailed me about their status.
I'm just relaying the updates I've been getting from the printers and in truth it is more covering their end than mine.
I'm just as frustrated as you are, as you've just demonstrated it is my name being pulled through the mud and it is embarrassing.
I've been assured that everyone is doing their best to get these done asap and I assure you as soon as I get my hands on them I'll be processing the orders and sending them out.
It wasn't meant to be this way, I had planned a much quicker turn around.
I thanks you for your patience and hope you think they are worth the wait.
Odess
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:56 am

I for one do not mind waiting. I bought and paid for it and I want to see them in person as badly as the next person, but good things come to those who wait. Would everyone prefer a rush job and end up with a whole bunch of terrible prints like TDKR? Those got rushed out, and look what happened. Granted the amount of prints is far less but things still happen that are out of his control. The jpgs of these looked great, and I want them to arrive perfect. It's not like I have the space or money to hang the 6 of these up immediately anyway! I'm still a bit well, "annoyed" would be too harsh, but it is kind of annoying these won't fit in my portfolio, so I'll need to find somewhere else to stash them flat. That's the extent of my "gripe" with the series.

It's not like "OMG, he's taken my money and run with it!" Rhys is a businessman, and doing what he can on his end to keep us updated. Asking daily "Are they done yet"? Doesn't really accomplish anything. I'm sure he wants them back more from his printer more than any of us could possibly know.

Other than that Rhys, keep up the amazing work. You're one of my favorite of my favorite artists. Keep pounding them out!
MAC6Six
Art Enthusiast

Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:13 pm

seppuku wrote:
MatchsMalone wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:If you pay attention to this thread or his FB, there have been updates. Vague, but present.
Oh I have been paying attention. My point is that good customer service wouldn't require me to keep checking up on it. He should at a minimum send out an email or offer to make some kind of amends.

But you're right, he's given us updates, like this one:
seppuku wrote:GoT banners are currently at the printers being done and underway.
Sorry it has been a little slow, all printers seem to be pretty booked at the moment with other group shows on and it is a pretty big job.
As soon as they get to me I'll be processing the pre-orders and sending them out, any remaining copies will be dropped after that and the drop will be announced in the fb group.
So yeah, two months ago he said they were being printed and then he'd be sending them out right away.

EDIT: and just to be fair, I remembered that he did also post this update 2-3 weeks ago:
seppuku wrote:Due to being booked solid and a bit of a heat wave there was a delay with Call the Banners apparently it wreaks havoc with the paper and not too pleasant working in a hot print shop with ink fumes.
Being finished up now and shipped, I will get all the pre-orders done asahp.
Thanks for the patience with this, I hope you think it is worth the wait.
But still, if I wasn't aware of this board, I'd be completely in the dark.
Hey man, I'm sorry this has gotten you mad.
I've done my best to keep people updated on this series and always been upfront with any concerned customers who have emailed me about their status.
I'm just relaying the updates I've been getting from the printers and in truth it is more covering their end than mine.
I'm just as frustrated as you are, as you've just demonstrated it is my name being pulled through the mud and it is embarrassing.
I've been assured that everyone is doing their best to get these done asap and I assure you as soon as I get my hands on them I'll be processing the orders and sending them out.
It wasn't meant to be this way, I had planned a much quicker turn around.
I thanks you for your patience and hope you think they are worth the wait.
Rhys, You must have the patience of a saint. 99% of us would be happy to wait for a amazing set of prints. And when you think of it, 6 prints plus bonuses, with a edition ranging between 200-300. Thats 2400 prints that need to be done(not including variants). And people seem to forget that when we purchased them initially, the 2nd wave wasnt even finish yet. I am happy to wait, it just builds the anticipation
BKBroiler
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Rhys, I think a sneak peak at one of the bonus prints would make some people happy (note: the people who may be made happy may not necessarily be those who are concerned with customer service :wink: ).
statik
Art Expert

Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:27 pm

I see no room to bitch when the fact is, AT LEAST those of us who subscribed for this can say it's coming. When is another question which none of us can answer right now.

Be patient. Be thankful you even got in on the subscription because I can name a ton of people who are bummed they missed out and waiting on the table scraps.
drymount your sig!
MatchsMalone
Art Expert

Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:34 pm

Look, my comment is not specifically with how long it is taking. I'm saying that the communication could be improved.

I'm not saying that these should be a "rush job", nor am I "asking everyday." Where do those comments even come from? I completely agree that the appropriate time should be spent to issue a quality product, but it's not an either/or situation.

My overall point is this: It will likely have been 6 months before we receive anything, and I think it is completely fair to say that is an unusually long time, beyond any casual buyers expectation when making this purchase. I would think it warrants an occasional update on their status. That's it, I just wanted to be kept in the loop.

Now, I have acknowledged that a couple of updates were posted on here. That is great. However, posting an update on an obscure internet forum does not necessarily get the word out. I do appreciate him acknowledging my concerns yesterday, and taking ownership of the situation. The printers are apparently the real source of the problem, and it sounds like that was unavoidable. Fair enough, and props for taking the time to come in here and say so.

Rhys, I have immense respect for you as an artist, and I absolutely intend to continue purchasing your prints and hanging them on my wall. I mean no disrespect, and my intent is just to offer my feedback for the future. You are welcome to take it or leave it, but either way thanks again for responding.
Because it's the print we deserve, but not the one we need right now. So we'll hunt it.

Let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet.
Sceazy
Art Expert

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:05 pm

"He's Coming For You" arrived today and its got a few little dings in the corner on the back side. You cant see them from the image side but I'm not sure it's really worth the drama to contact G1988 about. Thoughts? I'm probably going to wind up putting it in the hook up thread since its probably not going to make it to the framer anytime soon. The image is awesome and the metallics on the gun are ridiculous, but its just not going to make it to the wall anytime soon. I'm not really sure what to do. Would definitely appreciate any feedback.

ryanfromindiana wrote:drymount all of you crying about missing, you probably aren't even true fans.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArtPrint/
TopHatZombies
Art Expert

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:07 pm

Use the Spoon Trick on that and it will be good as new, Sceazy.

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... uble+ghost
Image ImageImage
Sceazy
Art Expert

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:14 pm

Nice! gonna give it a shot right now...Thanks TopHat!
ryanfromindiana wrote:drymount all of you crying about missing, you probably aren't even true fans.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArtPrint/
seppuku
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:16 pm

MatchsMalone wrote:Look, my comment is not specifically with how long it is taking. I'm saying that the communication could be improved.

I'm not saying that these should be a "rush job", nor am I "asking everyday." Where do those comments even come from? I completely agree that the appropriate time should be spent to issue a quality product, but it's not an either/or situation.

My overall point is this: It will likely have been 6 months before we receive anything, and I think it is completely fair to say that is an unusually long time, beyond any casual buyers expectation when making this purchase. I would think it warrants an occasional update on their status. That's it, I just wanted to be kept in the loop.

Now, I have acknowledged that a couple of updates were posted on here. That is great. However, posting an update on an obscure internet forum does not necessarily get the word out. I do appreciate him acknowledging my concerns yesterday, and taking ownership of the situation. The printers are apparently the real source of the problem, and it sounds like that was unavoidable. Fair enough, and props for taking the time to come in here and say so.

Rhys, I have immense respect for you as an artist, and I absolutely intend to continue purchasing your prints and hanging them on my wall. I mean no disrespect, and my intent is just to offer my feedback for the future. You are welcome to take it or leave it, but either way thanks again for responding.
No disrespect taken man, I totally understand you were just concerned and inquiring about your order.
Fact is hold ups at printers happens to everyone and most times it isn't anyone's fault, just part of the biz, sometimes even people outside the printer's control (like ordering speciality paper or metal for variants).
As someone else mentioned, the initial pre-orders were done when I only had the first three designs ready, I still needed to do the other three (the more complicated ones) and get the bonuses ready.
(Future pre-orders will be ready to go before the pre-order sale, lesson learnt.)
Add onto that other work at the time and delays at the printers and it seems time quickly blows out. 6 months is an unusually long time and never my intention when I was planning this series. I've been told things are wrapping up and your faith in the old gods will be rewarded.
MAC6Six
Art Enthusiast

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:03 pm

seppuku wrote:No disrespect taken man, I totally understand you were just concerned and inquiring about your order.
Fact is hold ups at printers happens to everyone and most times it isn't anyone's fault, just part of the biz, sometimes even people outside the printer's control (like ordering speciality paper or metal for variants).
As someone else mentioned, the initial pre-orders were done when I only had the first three designs ready, I still needed to do the other three (the more complicated ones) and get the bonuses ready.
(Future pre-orders will be ready to go before the pre-order sale, lesson learnt.)
Add onto that other work at the time and delays at the printers and it seems time quickly blows out. 6 months is an unusually long time and never my intention when I was planning this series. I've been told things are wrapping up and your faith in the old gods will be rewarded.
Sweet! :drool:
canuck
Art Freak

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:16 pm

Only 7 Chesire Cats left and 13 Double Dragons....Great sale here folks. Chesire will be hanging in the room creeping me out each night :twisted:

http://studioseppuku.bigcartel.com/
breakingbadger
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:27 pm

I'm really surprised that the Cheshire is still available. It will probably be a couple weeks before it arrives, but I'm sure the wait will be worth it!
DidYouSeeMeEscaping
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:06 pm

So it's been a couple weeks since it was last mentioned, but anyone have any news regarding Call the Banners?

Getting up to 3 and half months now, I can only keep the empty wall space saved for them for so long....