Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
PaintByNumbers
Art Expert

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:14 pm

zombiedictator wrote:Not a single Brandenberg has sold from the gallery yet. These things will be there forever.
His work makes me laugh, and I really like the Searching for Suri and Donnie Darko ones, however the prices seem a bit high for what it seems like is done...I've never seen an original, but it states that it's acrylic on an original movie poster...so the only artwork done is really adding something? Like on the Gandhi one, was it just adding a KFC bucket? Again, I like the idea behind some of his work but I can see the price being a deterrent.
If you would like to help those affected by the tragedy in Boston, please donate here : http://onefundboston.org/

'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. '
blog
Art Expert

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:18 pm

There's more than just the bucket. People are waving chicken legs in the background, and the text is changed hilariously also.

All of this done completely seamlessly. You have to really catch it under supremely close inspection and at just the right angle to tell there was any modification done at all. They are asking a lot of money for them, but I think they are really neat pieces in person.
╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
mattg
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:21 pm

Gkohler wrote:
Why the include True Romance and not NBK?
Tarantino hates NBK
blog
Art Expert

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Can i just say that your photos are totally awesome, Billy?
I know you put in some work to get those OG photos right, and I'm impressed. I didn't even realize they were photos at first.
╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
Jon1701
Art Expert

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:30 pm

Benelli wrote:
zombiedictator wrote:Not a single Brandenberg has sold from the gallery yet. These things will be there forever.
That Gandhi is the bomb... wife loves that one for some reason.

yeah the Gandhi cracked me up. Not 2k cracked but up but was funny
“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”
tehhippy
Art Expert

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:35 pm

If I had a fabulous 80's coke palace a la Miami Vice, I'd totally buy the Kill Bill OGs... alas, I do not. :cry:
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:39 pm

tehhippy wrote:If I had a fabulous 80's coke palace a la Miami Vice, I'd totally buy the Kill Bill OGs... alas, I do not. :cry:
And you never will with that attitude. Hilariously stylized coke dealers hardly ever cry. And when they do, it's almost never with emoticons on poster forums.
That's what she said
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:19 pm

finneganm wrote:
tehhippy wrote:If I had a fabulous 80's coke palace a la Miami Vice, I'd totally buy the Kill Bill OGs... alas, I do not. :cry:
And you never will with that attitude. Hilariously stylized coke dealers hardly ever cry. And when they do, it's almost never with emoticons on poster forums.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:21 pm

ohh, loving that Tarantino box set!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:53 pm

Jon1701 wrote:
Benelli wrote:
That Gandhi is the bomb... wife loves that one for some reason.

yeah the Gandhi cracked me up. Not 2k cracked but up but was funny
Yep, same here. Cool JPG you stumble across on Reddit, but not worth a mortgage payment.
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
DrMorgus

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:06 pm

So Francesco Francavilla posted this on his Twitter earlier today:
"It's a Universal Monday! :) #imighthaveoormighthavenothintedsomethinginthistweet ;) "

And just now posted this:
"New Mondo poster finished. Onto some Cap America & BlackWidow and @TheBlackBeetle interiors & remarquing the Creature APs now #multitasking"

Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D poster for the Alamo screening? Or will it be for The Mummy or The Wolf Man screenings?
toobs
Art Expert

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:18 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:ohh, loving that Tarantino box set!
despite having most of those movies on BluRay, id like that box set fo sho . . . .hope we see a poster version of some kind from Taylor
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
mattg
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:14 pm

Criterion just announced Brazil blu for December. First Tarantino box, now this?
kansasbbq
Art God

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:28 pm

DrMorgus wrote:So Francesco Francavilla posted this on his Twitter earlier today:
"It's a Universal Monday! :) #imighthaveoormighthavenothintedsomethinginthistweet ;) "

And just now posted this:
"New Mondo poster finished. Onto some Cap America & BlackWidow and @TheBlackBeetle interiors & remarquing the Creature APs now #multitasking"

Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D poster for the Alamo screening? Or will it be for The Mummy or The Wolf Man screenings?
:clap: :clap:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:53 pm

mattg wrote:Criterion just announced Brazil blu for December.
:clap: