Nosferatu 12 Cox Release Discussion 09/12/12

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
automator
Nobody

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:55 pm

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for Nosferatu 12 Cox - Variant

SerpentSociety
Art Enthusiast

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:46 pm

I am really surprised that there does not seem to be more interest in this piece. I love it and ordered the variant. Both are still in stock at this time...
jes9582
Art Enthusiast

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:54 pm

Agreed... I snagged the regular and emailed the gentleman and he said this is his first screen print, hence why not many people are talking about it/know about it... To be honest its one of the better looking prints I have seen in the past couple of months... I hope this run is successful for him so we can see more of his work!
slaughtermom
Art Enthusiast

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:13 pm

"INTERNATIONAL ORDERS WILL BE RETURNED" = great way not to sell stuff these days... i mean: welcome in 2012 :hanging:
omyweenis
Art Expert

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:06 am

slaughtermom wrote:"INTERNATIONAL ORDERS WILL BE RETURNED" = great way not to sell stuff these days... i mean: welcome in 2012 :hanging:
These are available for international shipping now and price drop mow - reg 45$, variant 60$
Muchas Gracias Señor y buenas suertes. Ay! Yay! Yay! :pint:
+1 variant
fantasticmrpapa
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 am

Yeah, I just posted over in the art comment section for this one, little more commentary there, very nice piece, little lurid I think
for the silent vibe and Murnau but it's a strong piece and nicely composed.

Very cool gesture of him on refunding the dough and dropping the price, good on him!
downtown
Art Expert

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:47 am

SerpentSociety wrote:I am really surprised that there does not seem to be more interest in this piece.
Perhaps because it's fan art and the artist has taken an extra step into the ethical gray zone by adding the title and credits ?
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:56 am

downtown wrote:
SerpentSociety wrote:I am really surprised that there does not seem to be more interest in this piece.
Perhaps because it's fan art and the artist has taken an extra step into the ethical gray zone by adding the title and credits ?
I don't think there is a grey area with this particular title as it's in the public domain - anyone can do anything they like with it!
downtown
Art Expert

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:08 am

dearmrecho wrote:
downtown wrote:
I don't think there is a grey area with this particular title as it's in the public domain - anyone can do anything they like with it!
Ok, well there must be another reason why there is so little interest in this piece.
changethethought
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:24 am

Wanted to note that international orders have been added. There is combined shipping on all of the prints also. It hasn't been adding combined shipping in Big Cartel for some reason though so if you have any issues with that contact me directly and I will refund any overages on shipping immediately.

Also all of my first film posters will be public domain material until I start to grow more of a following and determine if this poster making stuff is gonna go somewhere for me or not. And yes you can do as you like with public domain films. But a lot of Mondo's earlier stuff was public domain. It doesn't mean you can't create something amazing, exciting and worthy of the film that's worth collecting. And that's exactly what I intend to do. Sorry not everyone has a massive national corporate theater chain backing their efforts. Some of us have to put our own skin I'm the game and do it the old fashioned way.

Someone cart jacked the sale yesterday trying to lock up the sale but that has been fixed and I intend to move as many of these as I can. Thanks for the interest and the kick ass people on EB who've inspired my efforts and love for collectible posters.
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:00 am

In my case, I can't really hang 24 x 36 prints...small house. I realize that movie prints are generally this size... wish we'd see more in 18 x 24, though.

Best of luck in this endeavor.
mtarail
Art Expert

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:02 am

downtown wrote:
dearmrecho wrote:
downtown wrote:
Ok, well there must be another reason why there is so little interest in this piece.
I think the main reason is that his name is not Ansin or Stout. Looks like a really well thought-out image, though, and the pics of the finished screen print look pretty awesome.
changethethought
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:17 am

I printed with D&L too and both posters have GID and metallics so you are getting a high quality print.
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:19 am

changethethought wrote:I printed with D&L too and both posters have GID and metallics so you are getting a high quality print.
This release just gets better and better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
samdwich
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:51 am

SerpentSociety wrote:I am really surprised that there does not seem to be more interest in this piece. I love it and ordered the variant. Both are still in stock at this time...
Im not really suprised, i was reeeeeeeeaally into this print but several factors put me out of the game.

1.- NO INTERNATIONAL shipping orders will be refunded (hell yeah great idea)
2.- International shipping now available at high rate (65usd for 2 prints, for 23usd he can perfectly sent them via express usps to me, hell with 65usd he can get those to australia express and still have some bucks left)

i wanted this as does my brother who can got it in the usa but again the high shipping rate for the prints shipping inside USA made him pass, anyway it is a nice work i like the style of that print!