Grateful Dead Noblesville 95 Everett

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:48 am

This topic is dedicated to: Grateful Dead Noblesville 95 Everett

norbyjake
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:48 am

I received this email from Michael Everett today after asking him about the printing history of the 95 Dead Deer Creek & Shoreline posters. He asked that I post it where collectors could see it. He will be sending me another email later today with an offer that I think most collectors will welcome. It will address the number of posters that were printed for ALL of his prints, and I will post it when I receive it....

Thank you for writing. I agree a response is appropriate and would appreciate your guidance on the appropriate forum to do so. I am trying to get caught up with deserving customers on overdue shipments after serious health problems this year., and am afraid to enter a public discussion only as it will detract from my ability to fulfill these commitments and my other responsibilities. i did not regularly email until 2006, and my inexperience in etiquette and time to engage have made me reluctant to post on PP or EB very often.

The posters described were never "printed" as much as reproduced as color copies. Very few were made at the time of the shows and they were never considered as official posters. Many of the folks at GDM (for who i was working at the time) had their last shows at Shoreline so it was requested i make some of the posters for the staff there, which i did later. Listing "editions" or "printings" of the posters puts them somewhere they don't fit. I was 23 at the time and quite naive about how these posters would be considered and valued years later. I did not even know they were a hot commodity until 2001 when i was offered $100 each at an art show. They are have not been reproduced "on demand" for sale, in fact i only have sold them so that folks don't get held up for $300-$400 a crappy color copy on thin paper. Numerous interests have approached me about licensing the artworks and i know copies made it on the market that i presented as examples 1997-2003 that were reproduced later. Within each of the "printings" there were variations...paper type, color saturation, trimming, even mounting! and i would like to clarify this in an adequate fashion. Talk about taking the fun out of a Grateful Dead poster! My naivete shows in the lack of info as well, but I have responded to criticism by S/N just about everything i do now.

I must admit to making several deer creek posters at a reduced size in 2007 so I could frame 4 together in my studio. If you put four together they make a SYF in the center...seems like that would be a better topic for a poster forum!

I have never intended to misrepresent editions, printings, or provenance of either poster you mentioned or published/posted any such descriptions and am alarmed by the confusion. Information being circulated is uninformed or offered in self interest for resale or other purposes and should be considered accordingly.

I hope my legacy as an artist will come from the artwork, not stuff like this. Time will tell. I sure could use a stack of Deer Creeks to ebay right now ( I could afford an insulin pump at current prices) but that is not the reality. Thank you for the concern...i do care. I have spent my whole life on my art, and look forward to being healthy and creating more soon.

Please post this message if it is appropriate or direct me to the right place to respond if you can.

Sincerely,

Michael R. Everett
automator
Nobody

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:58 pm

New image Grateful Dead Noblesville 95 Everett

coleslaw
Art Expert

Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:49 pm

killer freakin' poster, one of my favorite M.E. GD posters in my collection for sure!!! :clap: :pint:
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
haven
Art Expert

Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:23 pm

This one is awesome, wish I had one myself.
automator
Nobody

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:50 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Grateful Dead Deer Creek Concept 95 Everett

sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:50 pm

:drool:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
ottoisblotto2
Art Expert

Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:06 pm

Desolation Row had true meanings that night
thebends9 wrote:People are idiots
macc5
EB Team

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:32 pm

damn.. thats a nice
FroDawg
Art Expert

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:30 pm