Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
deestar
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:58 am

Chenley123 Thanks for the welcome.
summoner
Art Freak

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:07 am

adamrworsell wrote:Ha Summoner, shipping won't be that bad to you ;)
:lol: Yeah, ok. Just sell them to me for $400 (including shipping) then? :wink:
Image Image Image
djdrever
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:44 am

jampar5000 wrote:Hey Chenley, I have not been in to flood, but did contact him as i have a large collection of Alien Corset prints, and wondered if he would be interested in bulk buying them - he told me he gets a lot of his prints below cost direct from artists, which sounded odd to me. did you buy something there? is it worth the trip all the way to greenwich from brixton?

Are you still interested in selling your AC prints bulk? Maybe we could discuss?

Kind regards, Derek
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:46 am

summoner wrote:
:lol: Sounds like a great deal to me, Adam! ;)
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
Chenley123
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:55 am

summoner wrote:
Lol! You could get someone to build you one for that? Drymount it, spend that on my ticket over and I'll build you one!
jampar5000
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:47 am

Hey Chenley,

you are one step ahead of me - at least yours refers to it as "we" - my girlfriend says "why have YOU bought more prints?" likewise, she also buys dresses/handbags, and has 3/4 of the wardrobe space. does she mind you filling the walls?

I have done as you have suggested re the trades, and wanted, thanks for the advice.

Welcome Deestar - this is a nice friendly warm corner of EB as far as i can see so far - where do you hail from?
I always ask whichever gallery it is to mark the value as low, so as to avoid the customs fees - it has worked on most occasions. One thing to be aware of, is that sometimes Customs get bunged up - I had to wait 14 days for my last print to be cleared - nightmare.

Jampar 5000
(edited for spelling)
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
Chenley123
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:02 pm

jampar5000 wrote:Hey Chenley,

you are one step ahead of me - at least yours refers to it as "we" - my girlfriend says "why have YOU bought more prints?" likewise, she also buys dresses/handbags, and has 3/4 of the wardrobe space. does she mind you filling the walls?
That's probably my gf's biggest gripe actually, not me taking over the walls more the lack of; not framing what I have got. But she also understands that I have found something that really gets me excited. Amazing how this grabs you...one poster turns into a collecting addiction...drymounting hunter-gatherer instinct.
jampar5000
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:12 pm

Chenley,

Well, I just got rid of all my tubes - I am storing my prints in a portfolio, to flatten them. the empty tubes are sitting in my spare room - drives the mrs up the wall, but will be re-using for shipping. Do you not frame due to the cost? There is a reasonable place in my neck of the woods, but i find it to be prohibively expensive - especially when you start putting uv protective glass in - i did that for my 3 Moss films in black and red, and it cost the earth. glad I did it now though - the sun would defo bleach the black.

I have vowed to try and have a print framed once a month, if I don't buy one in a month.

Jampar5000
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
Chenley123
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:44 pm

No, not really the expense, more the lack of funds that it would leave for buying new prints. Have a good quote for mine already, just need to take the to Blackpool (gf's dad lives there and knows a man). But I do need more prints...MORE!!!
Chenley123
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:24 pm

This ISO is proving very difficult. Anyone happen to have a Horkey ROTK down the side of the sofa they don't want!? Not folded up though, in a tube would be nice?
Chenley123
Art Expert

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:54 am

Hi guys, does anyone know how the charges work on posting from US to UK? Found a site selling Itoya profolios 18"x24" x6 for £110 ($174) Including shipping. £18.33 each. Thought about getting one for ages, and it seemed like a few people in here wanted them too. Just wondered if there'd be charges at our end? And if anyone would be interested in one (or two)? At cost of course, I'm not looking to start a business!
1nkling
Site Admin

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:07 am

Chenley123 wrote:Hi guys, does anyone know how the charges work on posting from US to UK? Found a site selling Itoya profolios 18"x24" x6 for £110 ($174) Including shipping. £18.33 each. Thought about getting one for ages, and it seemed like a few people in here wanted them too. Just wondered if there'd be charges at our end? And if anyone would be interested in one (or two)? At cost of course, I'm not looking to start a business!
Interesting.. Does that include sleeves in them too? Charges this end would depend on what they put the value at I guess.. You'd have to pay 20% vat + £8 charge if they stung you for the full whack so £30..

Oh also +1 on the free Lewis Bannister notes over at www.LtDart.co.uk :clap:
My up to date trades and ISOs.
deestar
Art Expert

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:21 am

Are they the Itoya Evolution portfolios

Have read that they are dead on size so if any of your prints are slightly bigger than the 18x24 then they be a tight fit.
ricobenfico
Art Enthusiast

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:29 am

Afternoon all. I'm in the search for a few bit's and hope that some UK based boys or girls can help me out....

Olly Moss - Convoy
Daniel Danger - I'm Not Aware....
Banksy - Stop and Search (other signed prints consider, let me know what you have)
Jose Parla - 184th Street

Cash waiting or plenty of interesting trades available...
Hung like a midgie, stings like a bee!
djdrever
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:36 am

ricobenfico wrote:Afternoon all. I'm in the search for a few bit's and hope that some UK based boys or girls can help me out....

Olly Moss - Convoy
Daniel Danger - I'm Not Aware....
Banksy - Stop and Search (other signed prints consider, let me know what you have)
Jose Parla - 184th Street

Cash waiting or plenty of interesting trades available...
Ha! I can vouch for those interesting trade items - amazing stuff you have Rico!

dd