Cabin in the Woods 12 Phantom City Creative

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Amisch
Art Expert

Sun May 06, 2012 11:07 pm

Just saw the film last night--and not to take anything away from the print (which is pretty dope), but they coulda done sooooo much more! Can't wait to see other ppl tackle this in the future. Hopefully some like Alex Pardee or Rhys Cooper.
apruski03
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:20 pm

Amisch wrote:Just saw the film last night--and not to take anything away from the print (which is pretty dope), but they coulda done sooooo much more! Can't wait to see other ppl tackle this in the future. Hopefully some like Alex Pardee or Rhys Cooper.

Agreed. It's a nice enough poster, but kind of underwhelming when you think about the possibilities.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:18 pm

A Pardee would have been much more fitting for this flick.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
binky79
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:24 pm

I think since the poster was released at the advanced screening they had to be careful about spoilers and details regarding the unique theme(?) of the movie. Whats the shelf-life on those kinds of spoilers/details? I guess since it's now released on Bluray/DVD it's anything goes?
fnord
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:27 pm

Definitely could've done more. Really fun movie.
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
tranito
Art Expert

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Loved the movie. I'm riding both sides of the fence here. Great non-spoiler poster as far as the PCC job is concerned, but of course am curious about what it could have looked like with all the good stuff that comes along during the ride.. I'm not sure how I feel about a movie poster that would give away elements you're not supposed to know though. Is that something movie posters have done in the past? Examples?
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
Evolution
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:02 pm

tranito wrote:Loved the movie. I'm riding both sides of the fence here. Great non-spoiler poster as far as the PCC job is concerned, but of course am curious about what it could have looked like with all the good stuff that comes along during the ride.. I'm not sure how I feel about a movie poster that would give away elements you're not supposed to know though. Is that something movie posters have done in the past? Examples?
There's a big shark in Jaws. :lol:
mtarail
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:05 pm

This poster rules. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Horkey or Taylor make a poster of some of the elevator lobby scenes ( I won't say more than that, if anyone is reading this hasn't seen the movie). But PCC's poster is a great representation of the flick.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:45 pm

mtarail wrote:This poster rules. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Horkey or Taylor make a poster of some of the elevator lobby scenes ( I won't say more than that, if anyone is reading this hasn't seen the movie). But PCC's poster is a great representation of the flick.
It is a great poster. I think that a lot of people are disappointed in the lack of creatures on the poster.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:02 pm

Just was re-viewing the poster after a recent re-watching of the film (which I really enjoy). I think my critique isn't in the concept of the poster (which I think it great/phenomenal), but that the details could have been done without giving away much if anything to the film itself. Why not make the people in the poster more depictions of the film characters? Why is the wolf head in the bedroom? Things like that. If the price doesn't keep climbing on this, I might track one down but I could see a few other prints done for this film and having some great fun with it...
Tra la la la la...