Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:57 am

jampar5000 wrote:I have a few other prints for sale, but not sure of the etiquette on here - how does it work?
I'd say in here you're probably safe, but I suspect some of those chaps in the colonies with five figure post counts would be less than gentle when you're trying to sell stuff in your first post :D

Drops can be difficult but there's no black art involved - it's all down to timing and Lady Luck who some days will guide you like a chiffon clad tree spirit through a meadow of illuminated daisies and forget-me-nots to reach your goal and other days will take you out the back of a "local" boozer, kick you in the crotch repeatedly then anally ravage you among the empty beer crates with the rats nipping at your ankles. Or that's my experience anyway!
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:58 am

Ooh! Welcome by the way :D
jampar5000
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:37 am

dearmrecho wrote:Ooh! Welcome by the way :D

Thanks very much indeed for the welcome! I get you on the drops business, your analogy is correct - the feeling of frustration is palpable. wish there was a better way that it could be done. I was lucky enough to snag Mr Moss' 3 films in Black and Red and also the master race before they all went nuclear in terms of price. they are hanging on the wall in my flat, framed (at vast expense i might add) with UV resistant glass. certainly not for sale.

thanks for the advice re selling in my first post - i'll keep that chat to a minimum until I am a little more settled in.

just as a question in general - do you guys follow any up and coming british talent? I know of a few artists who do not have their work on here, but do some nice stuff, I have bought and framed a few pieces. Liam Brazier, Robert Ball, Stanley Chow all come to mind...
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:57 am

Ive become quite a fan of Adam Pobiak , who is UK based albeit he is an American (boo hiss!)

Take a look see if his stuff lights your barbeque....

http://shop.pobiak.com/
Chenley123
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:16 am

dearmrecho wrote:
jampar5000 wrote:I have a few other prints for sale, but not sure of the etiquette on here - how does it work?
I'd say in here you're probably safe, but I suspect some of those chaps in the colonies with five figure post counts would be less than gentle when you're trying to sell stuff in your first post :D

Drops can be difficult but there's no black art involved - it's all down to timing and Lady Luck who some days will guide you like a chiffon clad tree spirit through a meadow of illuminated daisies and forget-me-nots to reach your goal and other days will take you out the back of a "local" boozer, kick you in the crotch repeatedly then anally ravage you among the empty beer crates with the rats nipping at your ankles. Or that's my experience anyway!
Graphic...reminds me of a first date I went on!
jampar5000
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:17 am

thanks for that, like his style, and have given him a follow on Twitter. not many bands i like in his list as yet, but if that changed, I would defo jump.
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
Chenley123
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:56 am

Thats what I was thinking. Some good work but for bands I'm not a huge fan on but that my change. Some of them really pop out at you!
bert
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:57 am

Chenley123 wrote:Still no 'This is my farm'?
Not yet I'm afraid - I think it's because I went for a sketched one and Mark hasn't done these yet, so it's holding up the shipping of your regular. Will let you know when it ships!

Thanks for the info on the last page regarding TDKR - mine looks a bit rubbish so I'll drop them a line to see what they say.
Chenley123
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:18 am

bert wrote:
Chenley123 wrote:Still no 'This is my farm'?
Not yet I'm afraid - I think it's because I went for a sketched one and Mark hasn't done these yet, so it's holding up the shipping of your regular. Will let you know when it ships!

Thanks for the info on the last page regarding TDKR - mine looks a bit rubbish so I'll drop them a line to see what they say.
Sorry, too eager I guess

I don't think you'll be the only one...in fact, probably not even the first 100!

Did anyone manage to get a KT breaking bad yesterday? I thought it was a great print...but, I'm getting a bit tired of the 'is that everyone?' prints. It's like a school year photo. Like I say, it looks good (he is an amazing artist) but this type of print is bugging me at the moment.
1nkling
Site Admin

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:22 am

Chenley123 wrote:Did anyone manage to get a KT breaking bad yesterday? I thought it was a great print...but, I'm getting a bit tired of the 'is that everyone?' prints. It's like a school year photo. Like I say, it looks good (he is an amazing artist) but this type of print is bugging me at the moment.
Nah, I thought it was a nice enough print but decided I'd rather get hold of a KT Hulk instead.. Like I said earlier I tried for it on t he drop thinking I could sort someone who needed a PB on it out but had noone wanted it I doubt it'd make my wall..
My up to date trades and ISOs.
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:32 am

I had no interest in BB so could have PBed for someone, I must remember for next time. I don't like any cast shot prints myself to be honest. Just don't do anything for me.
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:35 am

I do like the KT BB, I really do, but the more I look at it the more I think the composition isn't working as well as it might. Ken has done some great multi character pieces in the past - City of Lost Children, Suckerpunch and Hellboy II come to mind immediately - and although busy, the compositions work. I'm not so sure about this one. A greater variation in the head sizes or dropping a couple of characters to give a bit more space might have been better - but really, at the end of the day, Ken's a supremely talented chap and I don't know where I get off criticising his work :shock:
Chenley123
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:37 am

Yeah, the hulk is nice. When it comes to films or shows I want something for the fans, not a DVD cover...just more subtle I guess
Chenley123
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:44 am

dearmrecho wrote:I do like the KT BB, I really do, but the more I look at it the more I think the composition isn't working as well as it might. Ken has done some great multi character pieces in the past - City of Lost Children, Suckerpunch and Hellboy II come to mind immediately - and although busy, the compositions work. I'm not so sure about this one. A greater variation in the head sizes or dropping a couple of characters to give a bit more space might have been better - but really, at the end of the day, Ken's a supremely talented chap and I don't know where I get off criticising his work :shock:
You can because your a fan...your not bumping on it just expressing a view (something I have noticed is frowned upon in other threads). I thought that too, no real coherence...why is Walter on twice? I was looking at the title at the bottom thinking it seemed like a good way to bring them together, the chemical bonds rather then floating but I'm just a fan
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:51 am

Hulk I do like, it's just when there starts being more than a couple of people like some Stouts. To me it start's to look a bit 'Where's Wally?'...but it's just one of those personal preference things.