The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
1nkling
Site Admin

Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:40 pm

I received an amendment to my User Agreement, Privacy Policy & Acceptable Use Policy earlier..

Only a tiny one and the main bit was about a referral scheme they're discontinuing but the interesting thing was this -

We are also changing the Buyer and Seller Protection Programmes to so that a signature is no longer required for Proof of Delivery.

Seller Protection Programme

Section 11.9 is deleted and replaced with the following:

11.9 What is “Proof of Delivery”?

Online documentation from a postal company that includes all of the following:

A status of “delivered” (or equivalent) and the date of delivery.
The recipient’s address, showing at least the city/county or postcode (or international equivalent).
My up to date trades and ISOs.
suchanoo
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:36 am

dangerboy wrote:paypal didn't delete the item from ebay
They did - see below. I have to write up the listing again. The email straight after this one was to tell me that the funds had been returned to the buyer. Listing deleted, money taken, have a nice day...
ebay-pp.JPG
The listing was fine, the paypal address confirmed. Just someone with access to the paypal account reported it as a fraudulent transaction. I'm guessing the fellas wife (the account is in her name) disagreed with his purchase somewhat.
UK Member? Reclaim some VAT... http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... =8&t=85994
shut your mouth and open your mind
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:40 am

That's some serious pussy whipping.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
suchanoo
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:53 am

Codeblue wrote:That's some serious pussy whipping.
Yeah, for both of us. I got pussy-whipped by proxy.
UK Member? Reclaim some VAT... http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... =8&t=85994
fdiskmbr
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:21 am

Update on my ebay situation, buyer never sent pictures and said he was okay with the poster. Also gave positive feed back so that is cool.
dangerboy
Flipper

Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:23 am

suchanoo wrote:
dangerboy wrote:paypal didn't delete the item from ebay
They did - see below. I have to write up the listing again. The email straight after this one was to tell me that the funds had been returned to the buyer. Listing deleted, money taken, have a nice day...
ebay-pp.JPG
The listing was fine, the paypal address confirmed. Just someone with access to the paypal account reported it as a fraudulent transaction. I'm guessing the fellas wife (the account is in her name) disagreed with his purchase somewhat.
??

if the listing was removed, it was by ebay not paypal.

if paypal thought a transaction was fraudulent, it was a paypal transaction not an ebay transaction.

it makes sense that if ebay removes an item or cancels a transaction that paypal might react by placing a hold/investigating.

it doesn't make sense that if paypal decides a payment is fraudulent that ebay would react by removing the auction.
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
suchanoo
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:03 am

dangerboy wrote: ??

if the listing was removed, it was by ebay not paypal.

if paypal thought a transaction was fraudulent, it was a paypal transaction not an ebay transaction.

it makes sense that if ebay removes an item or cancels a transaction that paypal might react by placing a hold/investigating.

it doesn't make sense that if paypal decides a payment is fraudulent that ebay would react by removing the auction.
I know but that's what happened. Paypal sent an email saying the funds were being frozen due to suspected foul play, and then sent an email saying the listing had been removed, then took the money. I went to ebay, and the listing has disapeared completely. no email from ebay, no message on ebay. just like the listing and the sale never happened, bar what is logged in Paypal.

Aren't they the same company now?
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:45 am

suchanoo wrote:So I sold two prints on ebay to a guy who paid me the money this morning. Then just now I receive a paypal dispute claim which has frozen the funds in my account. He paid with a confirmed address. What the hell is that about?

Edit: Paypal have now taken the money and refunded the buyer 24 hours after he bought the item. How is that possible when there were no problems to claim against?
Let me guess, international transaction?

I had the same happen a few weeks ago. Person bought two items from me, paid for each separately right after purchase, and within a split second both transactions were held and said to be under review.

It was something dealing with the international bank of the buyer. PayPal was never able to confirm payment and both payments were eventually reversed.

As to the comment about non-payment and filing a case against the buyer, you can not. The payment WAS made. Even though PayPal held/reversed it, the payment was still made.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
suchanoo
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:08 am

The transaction was from another UK address.

I'm gobsmacked Paypal can do this - cancelling a transaction is one thing, but deleting the listing completely is overkill. Now I got to write the bloody thing up again.
aldo
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:14 pm

Anyone ever see this? From what I'm reading it looks like the package was out for delivery and the system was expecting another status update but it didn't get one? Buyer has not notified me of any issues yet...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:22 pm

That's one of my pet peeves. Sometimes it gets updated further, usually it doesn't. For shits and giggles I asked for a trace on the last package that happened to. I got an automated letter back a couple weeks later saying:

In response to your request dated 07/19/2012, we regret to inform you that we were unable to
locate any delivery information in our records regarding your item number xxxx xxxx xxxx
2300 2158.
If you require additional assistance, please take this receipt to your local Post Office or postal
representative.
Sincerely,
United States Postal Service
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Sometimes signing up for email notifications for the dc/tracking will push for an update on the tracking. Might give that a try.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
aldo
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:18 pm

I asked for email notification and the emails said the same thing.

I really don't care either way, I'm just curious what happens if someone files a dispute? It obviously does not say delivered so I'd basically lose no matter what? :hanging:
veltri
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:42 pm

If you lose, file an insurance claim.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:53 pm

Have you tried doing a domestic investigation on the package? Not sure if they will let you do it yet, being that it was shipped on the 2nd and it's only the 8th. I'd give it a try as well.

1800ASKUSPS, option 6 and then option 4. That should get you to a representative for domestic investigations. Generally takes 48 hours to get anything from them.

1xRun Referral