we were fortunate... 07 Danger

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
kevron62007
Art Expert

Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:23 pm

pjtaper wrote:I think We Were Fortunate refers to those who get a tube without taped endcaps that isn't damaged...
Just kidding, I am not bagging on Dan, but there sure seems to be a lot of us unfortunate folks out here with Damaged prints!
Taper this is no way aimed at you or anyone else, but I would like to comment a little bit on damaged prints. We as avid consumers of art need to make sure that we act in an ethical and reasonable manner when complaining to artists about damaged prints. I do not consider a minor ding on an edge of a print to be a damaged print. Granted I have received some prints that have been damaged so severely that I thought a complaint was warranted and I have not ran across and artist yet who did not fairly address my complaint and in most cases sent out a replacement. With that said if we are sending prints back or asking for new ones because of a very small ding on an edge of the print then we are going to drive up the price of the prints and make artists somewhat less willing to even hold the online sales that we all look forward to. I know that we should expect prints to arrive in great condition and that as consumers we are providing the artist with a means to make their living, but I think we should act ethically just like we expect them to if we have a warranted complaint. Please do not take this post the wrong way because I am not saying that anyone on here is being too picky or that they did not receive a damaged print. All I am saying is that we need to be a reasonable fanbase when it comes to problems like this and not scan every inch of the print for the most minor imperfection then expect a replacement. I am sure I have opened myself up for a large amount of criticism, but I feel this is something that needs to be said.
yosi
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:29 pm

kevron62007 wrote:
pjtaper wrote:I think We Were Fortunate refers to those who get a tube without taped endcaps that isn't damaged...
Just kidding, I am not bagging on Dan, but there sure seems to be a lot of us unfortunate folks out here with Damaged prints!
Taper this is no way aimed at you or anyone else, but I would like to comment a little bit on damaged prints. We as avid consumers of art need to make sure that we act in an ethical and reasonable manner when complaining to artists about damaged prints. I do not consider a minor ding on an edge of a print to be a damaged print. Granted I have received some prints that have been damaged so severely that I thought a complaint was warranted and I have not ran across and artist yet who did not fairly address my complaint and in most cases sent out a replacement. With that said if we are sending prints back or asking for new ones because of a very small ding on an edge of the print then we are going to drive up the price of the prints and make artists somewhat less willing to even hold the online sales that we all look forward to. I know that we should expect prints to arrive in great condition and that as consumers we are providing the artist with a means to make their living, but I think we should act ethically just like we expect them to if we have a warranted complaint. Please do not take this post the wrong way because I am not saying that anyone on here is being too picky or that they did not receive a damaged print. All I am saying is that we need to be a reasonable fanbase when it comes to problems like this and not scan every inch of the print for the most minor imperfection then expect a replacement. I am sure I have opened myself up for a large amount of criticism, but I feel this is something that needs to be said.
I completely agree.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:35 pm

You're right on the money on this. Most artists are happy to make amends for the carelessness of postal service employees.
I also think that if you do deal with an artist and they replace your print, you should keep the details of the replacement between you and that artist. I'm sure a lot of people claim to have a damaged print so they can have two.
I have a hard time not sending my damaged prints back to artists when they replace them. It just seem fair, but most don't want the hassle.
In all fairness, all mailed prints should be insured, sent in heavy tubes and labeled with careful handling instructions, the carrier should then absorb the cost of any replacement prints.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:59 pm

hawks10 wrote:
hawks10 wrote:Just an FYI, actual paper size is:
8.375 x 29.375

I know Daniel measures print area only, so there is definately no way the print image is 8x32. Got mine yesterday and it looks great, can't wait to frame it!
Update perhaps? Thanks
:thumb:
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:11 pm

anybody else still waiting for these to arrive?
kyle
Art Expert

Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:23 pm

*nods*
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:35 pm

kyle wrote:*nods*
cool. i was one of the people that got mixed up in the oversell, but he was able to cover. i got a ship notification last week. just wanting to make sure the usps aren't using the tube for inter-office whiffleball
ill
Art Expert

Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:37 pm

Bralumian wrote: just wanting to make sure the usps aren't using the tube for inter-office whiffleball
Whiffleball? Aren't you optimistic? I'm pretty sure they're using a rock.
kyle
Art Expert

Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:40 pm

Bralumian wrote:
cool. i was one of the people that got mixed up in the oversell, but he was able to cover. i got a ship notification last week. just wanting to make sure the usps aren't using the tube for inter-office whiffleball
so was i. i was so relieved when he sent out the email saying he could cover us.

Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.
yosi
Art Connoisseur

Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:46 pm

Bralumian wrote:
I'm pretty sure I'm one of those, but still haven't gotten shipping notification. Mine actually says "on hold" but he did respond personally that I'm getting one, so still holding out for it.
hawks10
Art Expert

Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:38 pm

Art Of The Week!
cerebus
Art Expert

Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:13 pm

Suprised that the first sale of this one was so low - it's around same level as 'There's nothing out there' which has a much higher print run (and appeared to be much easier to get).
yosi
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:10 am

Finally got this and the Decemberists print in the mail. I love this one. Gotta frame it as soon as possible. So satisfied with my first DD prints.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:11 am

Congrats Yosi! Those are some BADASS PRINTS!!!
Post some pics after they are framed please!
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:44 am

anybody else STILL waiting for these or any other danger prints?

dude's email is on auto-response, so i've no idea what's going on with their status.