Hush

General art-related discussion.
jsan20
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:59 pm

I got my tube today and there is no way any of these are going to make it in mint condition. Its a 40in by 6in tube for two 24 inch prints.
GmidD
Art Expert

Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:01 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
exiter wrote:
GmidD wrote:My set from White Walls should be here today. REALLY nervous to see how they look after everyone receiving damaged prints. Let's hope FedEx was careful enough that they aren't all screwed up. Not really getting my hopes up though. It just sucks because I was soooo excited to score these prints and now I have to worry about them arriving in good condition. For the $700 I spent on these, they should be able to ship them properly.
I HEAR YA!
Mine should be in today also and all these posts have my hopes, of pristine prints, down... :hanging:
Good luck you two....
Thanks. Just got my prints and there is NO damage!!!!!! :clap: They were definitely not packaged very well (the tube is WAY to big), but they must've been careful with mine. Soooooooo glad I don't have to deal with returns/refunds! Good luck to everyone else that is waiting on these. There is hope!
exiter
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:04 pm

GmidD wrote: Thanks. Just got my prints and there is NO damage!!!!!! :clap: They were definitely not packaged very well (the tube is WAY to big), but they must've been careful with mine. Soooooooo glad I don't have to deal with returns/refunds! Good luck to everyone else that is waiting on these. There is hope!
I'm glad to hear this! Awesome news for you!! I'm still waiting...
"It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." -Anton Szandor LaVey
¡Artistas Fantásticos! William Rupnik Gallery -> http://t.co/fjBY3mOv
1xRUN Invite -> http://1xrun.com/invite/exiter
exiter
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:31 pm

1 for 2... :hanging:
Siren in Motion, good. The 3 Sirens, bad corner and edge.
Weird how one can make and the other not be so lucky.
Waiting on reply from White Walls.
May contact Poster Mountain to see if they can deal with such a print.

...disappointed. :(
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:49 pm

I would send the poster mountain link to Tova and White Walls and they can figure out how much they either owe us or need to spend to fix this. Or they can call up the printer and get to printing again. No way am I paying to fix a brand new fixed $350 print that the gallery messed up.
Last edited by cktbreaker on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsan20
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:14 pm

1 damaged out of the set. Piss poor packing job for sure. Edge damage and bent corner. On the flip side these prints are amazing in person. Best pickup this year even with the damage. You can tell hush put time and love into creating these. It's too bad the galleries didn't put any time or thought in packing them.
GmidD
Art Expert

Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:43 pm

cktbreaker wrote:I would send the poster mountain link to Tova and White Walls and they can figure out how much they either owe us or need to spend to fix this. Or they can call up the printer and get to printing again. No way am I paying to fix a brand new $250 print that the gallery messed up.
Did you only pay $250 for yours? If so, White Walls owes me some money.
csorensen84
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:23 pm

GmidD wrote:
cktbreaker wrote:I would send the poster mountain link to Tova and White Walls and they can figure out how much they either owe us or need to spend to fix this. Or they can call up the printer and get to printing again. No way am I paying to fix a brand new $250 print that the gallery messed up.
Presuming that was meant to be $350 (...hoping I wasn't paying an extra $100 per print).
GmidD
Art Expert

Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:35 pm

csorensen84 wrote:
GmidD wrote:
Presuming that was meant to be $350 (...hoping I wasn't paying an extra $100 per print).
That's what I figured. I wish they were only $250, but they're worth every bit of $350. Truly amazing prints. It's a shame that so many are being damaged.
exiter
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:04 pm

It's insane for so many to be that bad!

In any case the more I messed with mine it seems that it would come out under a weight over a period of time.
We'll see. I really really do not want to return the one and be left with only the other.
I'll send it over to Poster Mountain before I do that.

Mine doesn't seems as bad as some of the others posted here. :oops:

All in all they are beautiful prints and I'm happy to own them. :)
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:23 pm

soam24 wrote:
Vytis33 wrote:No shipping info from WW either. East coast here, nothing to worry about I'm sure. Well, unless you're talking about their apparent packing woes.

They said they are considering shipping the remaining prints flat due to whats happened lately. they are unsure why it is happening and assured that they have had no problems in the past? regardless, if they ship flat it will take longer, but whatever it takes to get here safe..
Bummer about the packing issues, though I can't believe they're sending these tubed. I received my 'Through the Night' from Black Rat Press a few years back packed flat in particle board and it arrived minty fresh. Hope they get everyone sorted...
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
csorensen84
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:57 pm

Received a note that mine was delivered today. Somewhat dreading the opening of the tube when I'm off work, even though it only had to travel a few hours south from the gallery.
kansasbbq
Art God

Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:45 am

exiter wrote:1 for 2... :hanging:
Siren in Motion, good. The 3 Sirens, bad corner and edge.
I'm in the same boat. :( :evil:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
roo
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:24 am

Got in from work and there was my tube from Metro :) I picked it up and instantly heard a clunk sound :? then i thought i had better prepare my self by calming the nerves, so after my smoko :ziggi: i began to carefully de-cap and view, that is when i noticed no craft or tissue paper at all but thank the gods the glunk sound was the Hush stickers that they thru in as extras :clap: and the prints adjusted to the size of the tube so they did not move around at all, even tho i had to peel the tube open slowly my 2 Hush prints are perfect so i am feeling very lucky right now... :pint: I hope more have the luck i have had today......... :ziggi:
PLUSH
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:28 am

Both mine had damage. I'll be emailing Tova in the morning.