Hush

General art-related discussion.
soam24
Art Freak

Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Vytis33 wrote:No shipping info from WW either. East coast here, nothing to worry about I'm sure. Well, unless you're talking about their apparent packing woes.

They said they are considering shipping the remaining prints flat due to whats happened lately. they are unsure why it is happening and assured that they have had no problems in the past? regardless, if they ship flat it will take longer, but whatever it takes to get here safe..
shibby
Art Expert

Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:55 pm

soam24 wrote:
Vytis33 wrote:No shipping info from WW either. East coast here, nothing to worry about I'm sure. Well, unless you're talking about their apparent packing woes.

They said they are considering shipping the remaining prints flat due to whats happened lately. they are unsure why it is happening and assured that they have had no problems in the past? regardless, if they ship flat it will take longer, but whatever it takes to get here safe..

argh. this is happening because they are being shipped in too large diameter tubes. with the prints being varnished and not rolled tight, they are slippery and free to slip and move around in the tube. just roll them in a 4" tube with a bit extra length of kraft paper on the edges and no one will get damaged prints.
exiter
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:06 pm

According to FedEx tracking my tube should arrive here on Tuesday...
With all the mishaps posted I'm completely nervous on the condition of the prints. :hanging:
"It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." -Anton Szandor LaVey
¡Artistas Fantásticos! William Rupnik Gallery -> http://t.co/fjBY3mOv
1xRUN Invite -> http://1xrun.com/invite/exiter
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:28 pm

It's pretty simple to see that they cant package prints. A 6" bazooka tube doesn't mean you know how to package a print. Nor does is automatically mean you packaged it properly. Sadly, if they would have shipped them in a smaller diameter tube with the same horrid packaging, we would probably have seen less damaged prints.

Kind of sad how ignorant they are about the facts.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
MalachiConstant
Art Expert

Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:20 pm

That was painful. I let my three year old start this thing, and then tried to do a little something with it.
roo
Art Expert

Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:48 pm

And the plot thickens :? this is the email o got today from Metro...

Re: Hush Print Update

Metro Gallery is pleased to inform you that the Hush prints were dispatched yesterday, and will reach you before the end of the week.

We have tracking numbers for all prints, so please get in touch next week if you have encountered any delivery issues.

In my last email, I noted that the prints were to be flat packed, but after consulting Hush, and the packaging company, it was advised that rolling the prints into tubes was the safest option, and so that is what has been done.

Kind regards,

Flora

What a load of bollocks it seems no one reads what is written on art forums or they realized it cost them to much cash to send them flat packed, time will tell i guess...... :pint:
ejg904
Art Expert

Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:56 pm

damaged pair here from onethirty.

they used the shittiest tube ever. no surprise they ended up in terrible condition.

how is it that you would sell these and not have the slightest idea how to ship them correctly? it just blows my mind.

is it apathy, stupidity, or some combination of the two?
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:54 am

ejg904 wrote: how is it that you would sell these and not have the slightest idea how to ship them correctly? it just blows my mind.
THIS
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:59 am

cybersushi wrote:"> We're assessing the situation and figuring out the best way to move forward. I've contacted Hush and asked him about reissuing and will let
> everyone with damaged prints know what he says. Really sorry! I know you all were looking forward to receiving them. We've shipped hundreds of
> prints in the past without problem and it's very odd this is occurring.
>
> Sorry again and please sit tight and we'll hopefully be able to get you another print.
>
> Thanks,
> Tova "
Anybody else get a response from White Walls? It has been 3 days and I still haven't received a reply. I was expecting to receive this same canned message from Tova. But instead....nothing. What gives?
kingburdy
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:33 am

Had a dream last night that Fedx called me to say they crushed my tube and wanted to offer me my money back,lol. Still haven't received mine yet, fingers crossed for no damage..
bkboy77
Art Expert

Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:40 am

roo wrote:In my last email, I noted that the prints were to be flat packed, but after consulting Hush, and the packaging company, it was advised that rolling the prints into tubes was the safest option, and so that is what has been done.

they realized it cost them to much cash to send them flat packed, time will tell i guess...... :pint:
Roo, I think this is the main reason... Pace prints was shipping the Shepard Fairey prints flat, cost a ton in shipping but the print arrived in mint condition.

Bad idea offering free shipping on this one. Should have given customers the option to choose shipping method and pay for it separately.
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
Lomier66
Art Expert

Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:45 am

Christ! Sorry to hear all these horror stories and hope you guys get it sorted. Luckily, for once being in the UK was on my side and a short trip resulted in no damage to the one I got.

But of all the print releases to screw up in shipping! The amount of work that went into making these prints really special is so obvious. So to just throw them in inadequate tubes to take their chances is insanity! I can’t fathom it at all. They should be flat packing replacements for all those who have been put out... and throwing some tasty sweeteners in to boot. £225 is an awful lot of money to drop on a piece of paper for most people, so the least they can so in get in someone who knows how to post them properly.
HAND DRAWN 1/1 OG's COMING SOON http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/
GmidD
Art Expert

Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:21 am

My set from White Walls should be here today. REALLY nervous to see how they look after everyone receiving damaged prints. Let's hope FedEx was careful enough that they aren't all screwed up. Not really getting my hopes up though. It just sucks because I was soooo excited to score these prints and now I have to worry about them arriving in good condition. For the $700 I spent on these, they should be able to ship them properly.
exiter
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:26 am

GmidD wrote:My set from White Walls should be here today. REALLY nervous to see how they look after everyone receiving damaged prints. Let's hope FedEx was careful enough that they aren't all screwed up. Not really getting my hopes up though. It just sucks because I was soooo excited to score these prints and now I have to worry about them arriving in good condition. For the $700 I spent on these, they should be able to ship them properly.
I HEAR YA!
Mine should be in today also and all these posts have my hopes, of pristine prints, down... :hanging:
"It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." -Anton Szandor LaVey
¡Artistas Fantásticos! William Rupnik Gallery -> http://t.co/fjBY3mOv
1xRUN Invite -> http://1xrun.com/invite/exiter
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:41 am

exiter wrote:
GmidD wrote:My set from White Walls should be here today. REALLY nervous to see how they look after everyone receiving damaged prints. Let's hope FedEx was careful enough that they aren't all screwed up. Not really getting my hopes up though. It just sucks because I was soooo excited to score these prints and now I have to worry about them arriving in good condition. For the $700 I spent on these, they should be able to ship them properly.
I HEAR YA!
Mine should be in today also and all these posts have my hopes, of pristine prints, down... :hanging:
Good luck you two....