The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
KennyRE317
Art Expert

Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:44 pm

sixstringer wrote:Tell him to add his address to the Paypal account or no go. If you ship to an alternate address then you can kiss any protection goodbye.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:16 pm

bigmuls wrote:Selling something to a new member on here and he's asking me to ship to an address different from that on his Paypal account. See any issues with this? I'm planning to send Priority w/tracking & sig confirmation.
sixstringer wrote:Tell him to add his address to the Paypal account or no go. If you ship to an alternate address then you can kiss any protection goodbye.
What sixstringer said. Is the address in the same area? More than likely one of those guys who sells prints that he does not own and then comes over here to try and pick them up on the cheap and drop ship them to their customer.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
skis007
Art Expert

Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Always make sure you ship in yazoo tubes.
i2xTl.jpg
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:36 pm

skis007 wrote:Always make sure you ship in yazoo tubes.
i2xTl.jpg
Pictures like this make you wonder what the USPS has to do to a yazoo tube to dent it... :shock:
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
DeltaSigChi4
Flipper

Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:45 pm

The brand loyalty/hype/cult and blind allegiance is thick around these parts; do you always shop at the exact same stores too, and use the exact same toothpaste? Buy the same crappy overhyped electronics from the same multi-national corporation? Eat at McDonald's because of the 100,000 adverts you have seen throughout your life?

The thickness is in the tube, not the brand, nerds. I bet a Uline in a USPS triangle is much more indestructible than any Yazoo alone.

E
skis007
Art Expert

Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:48 pm

I actually do buy the exact same toothpaste. Colgate Total - Paste. Why do I need anything else?
Went to Costco earlier today and purchased a six pack.

I have also used the tube inside a triangle tube method; I have to say it works pretty well.

I don't eat McDonalds. Elevation Burger.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:02 pm

I've seen triangles crushed - which included the cheap uline that was inside....

Ulines are cursed :D
RiotAct
EB Team

Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:22 pm

DeltaSigChi4 wrote:The brand loyalty/hype/cult and blind allegiance is thick around these parts; do you always shop at the exact same stores too, and use the exact same toothpaste? Buy the same crappy overhyped electronics from the same multi-national corporation? Eat at McDonald's because of the 100,000 adverts you have seen throughout your life?
yes
suchanoo
Art Expert

Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:34 am

So I sold two prints on ebay to a guy who paid me the money this morning. Then just now I receive a paypal dispute claim which has frozen the funds in my account. He paid with a confirmed address. What the hell is that about?

Edit: Paypal have now taken the money and refunded the buyer 24 hours after he bought the item. How is that possible when there were no problems to claim against?
UK Member? Reclaim some VAT... http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... =8&t=85994
shut your mouth and open your mind
dangerboy
Flipper

Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:50 pm

wow you might have to call paypal for an explanation on that. but, at least you can probably still file a nonpaying bidder complaint against him since ebay and paypal are connected, ebay should reflect that payment has not been made...
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
tenpo
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:56 pm

DeltaSigChi4 wrote:The brand loyalty/hype/cult and blind allegiance is thick around these parts; do you always shop at the exact same stores too, and use the exact same toothpaste? Buy the same crappy overhyped electronics from the same multi-national corporation? Eat at McDonald's because of the 100,000 adverts you have seen throughout your life?

The thickness is in the tube, not the brand, nerds. I bet a Uline in a USPS triangle is much more indestructible than any Yazoo alone.

E
Do you always wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Change it up.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:10 pm

suchanoo wrote:So I sold two prints on ebay to a guy who paid me the money this morning. Then just now I receive a paypal dispute claim which has frozen the funds in my account. He paid with a confirmed address. What the hell is that about?

Edit: Paypal have now taken the money and refunded the buyer 24 hours after he bought the item. How is that possible when there were no problems to claim against?
what would have happened if you had already printed the shipping label? :?
suchanoo
Art Expert

Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:33 pm

dangerboy wrote:wow you might have to call paypal for an explanation on that. but, at least you can probably still file a nonpaying bidder complaint against him since ebay and paypal are connected, ebay should reflect that payment has not been made...
Paypal have deleted the listing, it no longer exists. I got an email from the guy an hour ago. Gave me his mobile, so seems legit. Thinks his wife may have cancelled the transaction as a fraudulent purchase.
UK Member? Reclaim some VAT... http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... =8&t=85994
shut your mouth and open your mind
dangerboy
Flipper

Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:16 pm

suchanoo wrote:
dangerboy wrote:wow you might have to call paypal for an explanation on that. but, at least you can probably still file a nonpaying bidder complaint against him since ebay and paypal are connected, ebay should reflect that payment has not been made...
Paypal have deleted the listing, it no longer exists. I got an email from the guy an hour ago. Gave me his mobile, so seems legit. Thinks his wife may have cancelled the transaction as a fraudulent purchase.
paypal didn't delete the item from ebay
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:19 pm

Only way a transaction gets reversed like that is a bank claiming a fraudelant transaction

If you can prove shipping before notification and can confirmn delivery- you should be protected

I had that happen- dude bought a DMB print with a DMB nick and tred to back out - one message on his home phone and paypal closed the claim... :D