80th Anniversary - Assassin 12 DALeast Release Discussion 06

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
bkboy77
Art Expert

Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:21 pm

I was in the same boat as you. Had a couple of opportunities to pick up an OG but I had no attachment to it. But this.... it has the sign "BUY ME AT ANY COST" written all over it.

Add edit: I will be surprised if this image doesn't make it to the top ten print of the year for 2012.
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:29 pm

I was this close to purchasing Circular Wave:

Unfortunately, the gallery was very slow in replying to my inquiries and someone beat me out. I've been keeping close eye on the new acquisition threads to see if anyone here was the culprit.
T.H.C.
Nealmason1986
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:05 pm

To be honest i got this print second hand. Even though i waited a month for release and was on the computer refreshing 15 mins before release and had one in my basket i didnt get one like so many other people.

However i managed to get one second hand and i paid a decent sum but not to much.

I think all what matters is i was happy with what i paid and i love the print. Still sat in my portfolio however i will frame it and i wanted this months before release.

I know people will frown upon the fact i paid more money then other would pay but i have no intention of selling and trying to make a profit. I have a Stephen Chambers AP which i paid 1150 for and i think chambers is the most talented screen print artist around but if i am willing to pay that for a chambers then i would be willing to pay a third of that for another print i like.

I also paid 425 for copyright - Sweet nothings framed. Love it but it certainly makes you realise that i would happily pay around that for a Daleast piece.
My 2 main loves.
1) Art. Copyright, Stephen Chambers, Dal, Imbue, SPQR....
2) Marine Fish

However if the missus reads this.... I really mean.....
1) My stunning girlfriend
2) Her beautiful floral crap and candles she puts in the house!

mrkyuss
Art God

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:35 pm

treweman wrote:
RiotAct wrote:eBay 251114550214

:shock: Someone jump on this!
Given that each is unique, it is important to look at the image carefully. I particularly like this one ... more tan/brown in the background. As for price, who knows? If DALeast is like Phlegm, prices of prints that are popular will rise, not fall. On the other hand $650 shipped is already a bit lower than prices just a week or two ago. I have to admit that I've recently had the opportunity to acquire more than one DALeast OG, and couldn't pull the trigger because I liked the Assassin image better. Paying hundreds of dollars for a print seemed odd when OGs could be had for less than double the price, but there is something about the Assassin image that I am drawn to. Having written that, if I had had the chance to acquire thee Adrenaline OG, even at 4 times the cost of Assassin, I'd have been pretty quick to pull the trigger.
Oh yes, she is a beauty. Interesting to note DAL isn't doing commissions at the moment, which will make it even harder to pick up an original in future.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
duceman

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:37 pm

:drool:

That one is pure awesome!!
Nealmason1986
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Where is the best place to buy his originals from?
My 2 main loves.
2) Marine Fish

RiotAct
EB Team

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:48 pm

Nealmason1986 wrote:Where is the best place to buy his originals from?
I love your sig :lol:
Nealmason1986
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:56 pm

Tee hee. Cheers pal.

But shhhhhh. I can feel her evil eyes looking over my shoulder as we speak.

Going to load up a DIY website in the background so i can pretend i am planning to do some work on the house! Maybe install a new shelf for her candles!
My 2 main loves.
2) Marine Fish

mrkyuss
Art God

Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:21 pm

Nealmason1986 wrote:Where is the best place to buy his originals from?
Rtist gallery had a few left I think- most of the good ones are gone.... Im pretty sure the pieces floating around elsewhere have been snapped up. Hopefully he has some new stuff coming out in the coming months......
meskell
Art Expert

Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:57 pm

Nealmason1986 wrote:I know people will frown upon the fact i paid more money then other would pay but i have no intention of selling and trying to make a profit.
Just to make myself clear, I'm not calling anyone crazy for the paying the amounts the Assassins have gone for at this point on the secondary market. It's a great and very limited hand finished print. I just can't afford to pay the asking prices at this point and that may end up being my downfall in ever obtaining one. I congratulate all of you.
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
statik
Art Expert

Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:53 pm

Been tempted for awhile now to jump on a few of these. Few things holding me back, I actually like the ones with less brown splotches more. I think the image pops out more with less. Like the one sixstringer sold, which was suppose to be mine but I won't get into details here. That one was awesome, very bummed about that. The variants seem to have less as well, have yet to see Hexberger's though. They won't ship to the U.S. though so I guess that will never happen. I would also like to see Celcius's but apparently it's chosen life path is in a cave of a flat file. Good thing wolves travel in packs eh? Their firm on 1,000 bucks though, that will never happen ...at least not from me.

The search continues. One day I'll own one. I'm very jealous of that variant that went for about $800 after shipping. I was only $200 short and about 4 days away from pay day to make it happen. Not giving up though as stated earlier. If this turns into my new hardest ISO than so be it. It took me YEARS and many many failed attempts to acquire Rhys Cooper's Gremlins print but I finally did. Halftone knows whats up. And yeah for the record Halftone, meant to reply earlier. Thanks for the level head back in your response. Gremlins is NOT framed yet only because I'm waiting on escrow to close here first. Soon hopefully!
drymount your sig!
mrkyuss
Art God

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Or maybe he will release something even better, which will help ease the pain!
statik
Art Expert

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:44 pm

mrkyuss wrote:Or maybe he will release something even better, which will help ease the pain!
I'm reminded that "Good things come to those who wait".

I been a fan of DALeast BEFORE this first print release. I was always use to their street/urban influence before they started getting into collective works. I'm glad they did though, they deserve the success. Fact in matter though is, yes to anything this guy puts out so long as I can afford it whenever that time comes. ;)
drymount your sig!
bkboy77
Art Expert

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:50 pm

Dal needs to release more prints IMO.

My print is now at the framers. Had to pick a wenge colored frame to match the color of the Assassin. The framer was impressed by how the image pops out of the paper... almost like it was ready to jump on something. I can't wait to get it back. :drool:
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
choke
Art Expert

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:00 pm

RiotAct wrote:eBay 251114550214

:shock: Someone jump on this!
And to think I traded 5 geddes prints for it a month ago at the height of the hype :x