fIREHOSE San Francisco 12 Firehouse

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
willg
Art Expert

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:06 pm

phishstix101 wrote:As I remember, there is only one person to blame here. Not the entire Hangar 18/Firehouse crew! Nice work Scott!
I agree kinda. Instead of ignoring the situation someone could of at least addressed it. When the first response out of hanger18 regarding the incident is fuckoff, I take that as defending Ron.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:02 pm

great way to alienate people Scott. Good luck selling your art. I actually like Ron's design best.. :lol:
wandering-gypsy
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Too much ignorance and plain wild assed guesses in this thread. Sad.
Unsubstantiated internet hearsay. Brilliant, boys!

A concerned interest *was* taken in addressing the situation (of Ron's doing) YEARS ago by someone other than Ron. With substance.
I heard it from both sides and it was reported in a thread here on EB. Perhaps you should read up a bit, or talk to the particpants, before pasting hearsay and nonsense?
It's a pathetic statement when you attach blame to people who aren't responsible for the actions of another, can't change these actions, and have worked to make matters right.

The Firehouse is a *very* loose collective. It is not a business with business partnerships and a process driven P&L.
Each person runs their own small business. Artists come, rent space. Stay awhile. Leave. Come back. etc.
It is what it is once you understand the nature of the environment.
"Those English kids want to play the blues so bad—and they do play the blues so bad".
Sonny Boy Williamson on the feeble attempts by '60's British bands to play the blues.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:56 pm

23880895.jpg
Last edited by chalkdust on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:35 pm

23880321.jpg
Last edited by chalkdust on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
appletree
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Thanks for the link. Not sure how I miss some of these situations. Blacklisted in my book for sure. Thanks again.
<3 + Image = T.H.C.

:::Johnathon Powers Photography:::
Sail wrote:it was all just a misunderstandingtree.
fredo
Art God

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:54 pm

Great posters- Jorge is right that this guy is an unsung hero at Firehouse. But you should probably expect some blowback working under that name as long as RD's name is tied to it.
just a foil for me today, thanks
phishstix101
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:02 pm

chalkdust wrote:
wandering-gypsy wrote: Perhaps you should read up a bit, or talk to the particpants, before pasting hearsay and nonsense?.
I've talked to plenty of the participants so maybe YOU are the one that needs to do research. By the way, what is hearsay and nonsense? Most of the people that have chimed in this discussion have been directly affected by this situation. I'm still pretty sure you don't even know what we are all talking about, so go ahead and read that Clapton thread and then if you want to keep jumping on the defensive..

By the way, is telling us fuckyou with a pic of Ron Don attached supposed to be "working to make matters right"?
That's a pic of Scott not Ron
chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:04 pm

23880111.jpg
Last edited by chalkdust on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:20 pm

gonzo303 wrote:BUT none of the Hangar18/Firehouse crew even stepped up to try and do anything, Right??

I'm with chalkdust, I won't buy anything that comes out of that place.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
gymsockapocolypse
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:14 pm

I've never ripped anyone off and don't need to be slagged for something I didn't do. If my little flip off photo offended anyone's delicate sensibilities, well,sorry about that, but I didn't start it. What's lacking in class is putting a negative spin on someone's work for opinions they have about someone else. If I cared more about what some of you people had to say about this, then I would write more. But I don't.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:20 pm

23880201.jpg
Last edited by chalkdust on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:24 pm

23881003.jpg
Last edited by chalkdust on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wandering-gypsy
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:56 pm

chalkdust wrote:
willg wrote:Ron took thousands of dollars from people here..
Wandering Gypsy, you appear to be talking about drugs or some other underlying problem when you say "the situation YEARS ago" so I don't know what to tell you about that..

You also seem to be defending a person who has stolen an insane amount of money from at least ten of the members on this forum and this was RECENTLY. Do you even know this, or are you just blindly defending him because he's your friend?

Read the last few pages of this thread and tell me if it is okay for an artist to treat fans/customers of his artwork this way..
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... &start=270
Take a deep breath, stop being so damn angry, and read my post a little slower. At no time am I defending Ron.
I'm defending the many good and honest people I know that work under the same roof but have *nothing* to do with Ron's business dealings. Nothing.

My post wasn't pointed at you in particular, chalkie. A couple of others are also assigning blame to all artists at the Firehouse even though this isn't a partnership styled business. Even if they don't mean to smear the reps of all the good artists (and there are many that have printed in the Hangar) that's how it comes across.
I took exception to several people in this thread attacking Scott (artist of these posters) and others in the Firehouse who had nothing to do with Ron's problems.

There are also general comments about how nobody stepped up .....
Perhaps not for the Clapton fiasco but there have been efforts in the past.
Several years ago (yes, years), Chuck (also at the Firehouse) stepped up to right a situation of Ron's making along these lines. Chuck did right, even though it wasn't his problem or business, and that's what I referred to. People *have* stepped up. But, there's only so much that a person can do.

When phishstix says "there's only one person to blame" he nailed it.
This is not a shared business. Do you understand?

When y'all (not just you chalkie) associate other people in the Firehouse with dishonesty you affect their ability to make a living. Is that what you want? Do you want to adversely affect other people who are not responsible for one person's dealings and have been making an honest living?
At the end of the day, that's what it looks like ......

I think it sad to attack Scott in this thread for someone else's sins. You're smearing him.
Yeah, Scott didn't help with his initial response .... :wink:

Unfortunately, fredo is right in that there is "blow back". Especially amongst people that don't understand the whole story, know all the good artists, and know how people work in the Firehouse environment.
"Those English kids want to play the blues so bad—and they do play the blues so bad".
Sonny Boy Williamson on the feeble attempts by '60's British bands to play the blues.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:22 pm

23881104.jpg
Last edited by chalkdust on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.