G88 Breaking Bad ARG/Gallery SHOW?!?!? (RUMOR)

General art-related discussion.
lsmith55
Art Expert

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:07 am

DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Mad about what exactly: that you are such a noob douche that you are asking about me using the term drymount. I type four letters and your green ass has mormon censorship engaged on your account so you see the term drymount. Why would I be mad about having to deal with idiots like you?

I have had the shirt for a year now, acquired from an ACTUAL ARTIST, and you are shopping at Hot Topic. Cool. Don't forget to pick up a fun shirt and new cd while you are there. Tween child.

E

Postscipt. Mitchell > Cooper. Cooper's print does not even make sense; wrong drymounting expression on the guy's face. Stupid print.
Good thing he bought his shirt from an ACTUAL ARTIST. So cool. I make sure that any piece of clothing I buy is made by actual artists too. That way I am a walking hipster art gallery.

L

Postscript. As of now, Mitchell made some coasters not a print. Either way his illustrations exhibit the wrong expression on Saul. Saul isn't innocent, he is much greedier looking than he's being portrayed.
jbofctu
Art Expert

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:29 am

Maybe the numbers on the dice are the address, 456 something?
bsutter11
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:32 am

lsmith55 wrote:
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Mad about what exactly: that you are such a noob douche that you are asking about me using the term drymount. I type four letters and your green ass has mormon censorship engaged on your account so you see the term drymount. Why would I be mad about having to deal with idiots like you?

I have had the shirt for a year now, acquired from an ACTUAL ARTIST, and you are shopping at Hot Topic. Cool. Don't forget to pick up a fun shirt and new cd while you are there. Tween child.

E

Postscipt. Mitchell > Cooper. Cooper's print does not even make sense; wrong drymounting expression on the guy's face. Stupid print.
Good thing he bought his shirt from an ACTUAL ARTIST. So cool. I make sure that any piece of clothing I buy is made by actual artists too. That way I am a walking hipster art gallery.

L

Postscript. As of now, Mitchell made some coasters not a print. Either way his illustrations exhibit the wrong expression on Saul. Saul isn't innocent, he is much greedier looking than he's being portrayed.
I never noticed Jesse with a yo yo or Walt eating a giant bucket of chicken either...just sayin.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:55 am

DeltaSigChi4 wrote: And if you want a drymounting BB shirt, this is the ultimate:

eBay 320945202033

:pint:
DeltaSigChi4
Flipper

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:00 am

Respect. These other nerds don't get it.

E
jakescott
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:00 am

Knowing what I know now about word censorship, I realize that you guys all say 'drymount' a lot.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:07 am

Yous should check out how ridiculous the word filter is on the Kid Robot boards. They block out everything, including a word that is some people's first name.
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:32 am

DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Postscipt. Mitchell > Cooper. Cooper's print does not even make sense; wrong drymounting expression on the guy's face. Stupid print.
Rhys said it had something to do with it being an empowering moment for Jesse in the long-term. Plus would you really want to hang a print of Jesse all crying and red-eyed in your house? I like Cooper's print and he's a talented artist, but this seems like it should be part of a series. It isn't obviously, so it just seems out of place by itself to me.

As for Mitchell, I think his stuff is far more entertaining in general and is a great conversation piece. Jesse hypnotized by 2 yo-yos is just icing on the cake. And this may sound like sacrilege, but if this comes out on a 22" x 28 print (each character would then be 11" x 14"), I'm going to chop this thing up to frame them individually.
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
lsmith55
Art Expert

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:32 am

DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Respect. These other nerds don't get it.

E
In the words of the late, great Tuco, "Respect, ese'. You gotta give it to get it."
jjbehren
Flipper

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:44 am

jakescott wrote:The whole "dry mounting" thing comes off as extremely dorky to a noob like myself. Even though I would never use it, I think it's cute. You can decide whether or not you think cute is a good thing, but that's the best way to describe it.
You can fucking fool it to. Fuck.
isunktheship
Art Expert

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:06 pm

MatchsMalone wrote:Maybe Vegas?
Def vegas.. and then.. it might be asking too much but the numbers may correspond to the address. 645, 465, 456, idk.

The scavenger hunt-ish part is neat, but the locations are all over the place. Even Melrose was somewhat close to me, not worth the 2 hour drive though.
Creation88 wrote:no top tier artists: no stout, no moss, no taylor, no horkey, no ansin
maddog76
Flipper

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:25 pm

zombiedictator wrote:
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Postscipt. Mitchell > Cooper. Cooper's print does not even make sense; wrong drymounting expression on the guy's face. Stupid print.
Rhys said it had something to do with it being an empowering moment for Jesse in the long-term. Plus would you really want to hang a print of Jesse all crying and red-eyed in your house? I like Cooper's print and he's a talented artist, but this seems like it should be part of a series. It isn't obviously, so it just seems out of place by itself to me.
More like he used promo pics from AMC to do his drawings.
DeltaSigChi4
Flipper

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:39 pm

Exactly. AND that is exactly why I cannot respect the drymounting piece, and why I cannot even read what his obvious lies about the inspiration behind it without inwardly snickering and just thinking bullshit-bullshit-drymounting-bullshit. I will be selling mine. Wrong entire face on the thing ruins it for me and when it is known that it is because he lifted it off a unrelated promo image then it becomes a embarrassment to have to be asked about it since I will have to hide my disdain and also lie about the print hoping that no one notices that the entire drymounting face is wrong. To each their drymounting own.

E
agzaker
Art Expert

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:12 pm

DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Exactly. AND that is exactly why I cannot respect the drymounting piece, and why I cannot even read what his obvious lies about the inspiration behind it without inwardly snickering and just thinking bullshit-bullshit-drymounting-bullshit. I will be selling mine. Wrong entire face on the thing ruins it for me and when it is known that it is because he lifted it off a unrelated promo image then it becomes a embarrassment to have to be asked about it since I will have to hide my disdain and also lie about the print hoping that no one notices that the entire drymounting face is wrong. To each their drymounting own.

E
Venting!!!
attackconquer
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:23 pm

zombiedictator wrote:
rofl, guy's losing a lot of credibility.. if he wanted to capture this "empowering moment," why not draw jesse freehand instead of using amc promo pics to trace over? major fail making up some spiel about jesse's long-term emotions. i'd love to read his full response, do you have a link?

i think a crying jesse is a much more entertaining print to hang in my house and i would hang it, otherwise i can just print out those amc promo jpegs :pint:
bbbbbbblam!