The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
dangerboy
Flipper

Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:18 pm

this is ebay thread v2.0
the other one turned into a callout thread with too many names, too little evidence, and too much bitching about specific people. this one needs to be more general...
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:58 pm

Just an FYI
We are updating eBay shipping labels in order to improve USPS' ability to provide better scanning and tracking. The updated label will look slightly different from the previous version. Please be informed that this new label format is valid and it will be accepted by US Postal Service. Sellers may see either version of the label but should continue with business as usual.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
halokiti
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:30 am

halftonegraphics wrote:Just an FYI
We are updating eBay shipping labels in order to improve USPS' ability to provide better scanning and tracking. The updated label will look slightly different from the previous version. Please be informed that this new label format is valid and it will be accepted by US Postal Service. Sellers may see either version of the label but should continue with business as usual.
I printed one of the new labels the other day, it looks more streamlined and wastes less ink/toner.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:32 am

halokiti wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:Just an FYI
I printed one of the new labels the other day, it looks more streamlined and wastes less ink/toner.
Half sheets or thermal labels? I use a themal and they changed that. It's ugly, but hey, if thats what they want, it works.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
dangerboy
Flipper

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:47 pm

so am i an idiot or have they changed some sort of site preferences so that i have to enable "best offer" with a buy it now auction? can't figure out how to allow for offers...
morecoffee wrote:
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:26 pm

dangerboy wrote:so am i an idiot or have they changed some sort of site preferences so that i have to enable "best offer" with a buy it now auction? can't figure out how to allow for offers...
I believe it is enabled by default. At least the option. You have to then click the box that you want to allow it.

Some categories do not allow it. I know that.

1xRun Referral
dangerboy
Flipper

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:29 pm

i knew where it used to be...it was obvious. now, not so much.
morecoffee wrote:
bigmuls
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:03 am

Did anyone use the Ad Supported Shipping application? I used to use it, but it recently disappeared. I think I've been using it for a few years, getting like 0.19 per item that I shipped. Unfortunately, you have to build up $50 before they'll send you any money. I think I was at 40-something and now the application is gone... :cry:
DeltaSigChi4
Flipper

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:53 am

Never heard of it but if you figure it out post it here.

E
sixstringer
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Hey guys, Ebay is glitchy as f*ck today - BIN, Best Offer are getting hung up and timing out. It's going around the boards over there so it's not just me. I actually felt like spending some $ earlier but gave up. :evil:
tylt33
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:00 pm

Hey all, I need some advice. My Mononoke set arrived today. I've never received a damaged print before, so of course my set arrives in a Uline tube, minus one end cap. My eBay seller shipped it FedEx, and they flagged it as "damaged" before it even got to me as a result of it missing an end cap. I probably should have refused it, but it's a little late at this point I suppose. I paid a premium for this set (more than anyone else has paid for a set on eBay), and I expected them to be mint. What should I do at this point? If I got a refund of a few hundred dollars I think I would be OK keeping them, but they definitely will never be mint. They both have edge damage at the top (the worst), minor damage in the middle, chub rub, and a faint indentation on the back of the print. Here are some photos... let me know what you think, please.

Upper Edge View

Upper Edge View angle 2

Upper Edge View angle 3

Middle of Variant Crease

Back Crease
DickButt wrote:It's a miracle some of you are even able to turn on a computer.

Yes. The answer to your question is yes.
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:05 pm

tylt33 wrote:Hey all, I need some advice. My Mononoke set arrived today. I've never received a damaged print before, so of course my set arrives in a Uline tube, minus one end cap. My eBay seller shipped it FedEx, and they flagged it as "damaged" before it even got to me as a result of it missing an end cap. I probably should have refused it, but it's a little late at this point I suppose. I paid a premium for this set (more than anyone else has paid for a set on eBay), and I expected them to be mint. What should I do at this point? If I got a refund of a few hundred dollars I think I would be OK keeping them, but they definitely will never be mint. They both have edge damage at the top (the worst), minor damage in the middle, chub rub, and a faint indentation on the back of the print. Here are some photos... let me know what you think, please.

Upper Edge View

Upper Edge View angle 2

Upper Edge View angle 3

Middle of Variant Crease

Back Crease
Either return them and get a refund, or ask for the seller to pay for restoration at Poster Mountain. Poster Mountain can probably get out all the creases for a reasonable price (~75/each), but I'm not sure about chub rub.
T.H.C.
dangerboy
Flipper

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:28 pm

contact the seller first. see what they offer to do for you. if you're not satisfied, file a paypal claim "item not as described". you will likely win, but you'll be forced to ship them back...

or, was it insured? you could go that route also
morecoffee wrote:
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:31 pm

Seller that uses a Uline and Fed x- good lord.... :hanging:

I don't want to deal with a donkeypotamus- please forward his nick via PM , thanks
mycrospazm
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:32 pm

Use the money you get refunded to pay for the repair at Poster Mountain. They can make them mint again.