Pearl Jam Belgium 12 Stout Soto

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:50 pm

tl:dr this whole bullshit.

I'll gladly pay 100 for this poster. #justsaying
Same fudge, different drop.
rovingambler
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:16 am

As i read along...i've come to a conclusion...

Collectors don't care too much about the purchase price...
it's the flippers that have the problems with purchase price...

remember the good ole days when the artist were their own flippers... :shock:

and here we are making this into rocket surgery :o
vedder76
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:45 am

timc wrote:
vedder76 wrote:
timc wrote:Seems klausen and Ames have maintained there pricing over the years on PJ posters.

Yeah, but Ames sucks. They rehash more posters than anyone I ever seen. If they werent related I would have a hard time believing PJ would still use them.

I almost died when I seen they charged $200 for those past pj prints.
they don't suck just not your style! Ya they charged 200 for the variants,,reg editions are always the same price.

honestly it will be hard not to buy this print for 100

No, they suck. LoL. Ur right they r not my style but im not in 2nd grade anymore. :)

At least we agree this poster is worth $100. Your a good guy Tim. Just bad tasre in art :lol: (joke)
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:26 am

jojobadass wrote:bring on the 1st's
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert

Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:48 am

jojobadass wrote:
jojobadass wrote:bring on the 1st's

I'm afraid that 1sts specially from EU and OZ are different from aps/avs
DMB and PJ have printed those overseas to cut costs
Kdh12
Art Freak

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:25 am

those sold at 10C will be printed here
mmmm Beer :pint:
fredo
Art God

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:38 am

Meaning they'll all be printed in the US?
just a foil for me today, thanks
tj
Art Expert

Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Codeblue wrote:
jojobadass wrote:When you can buy vintage PJ a/p's from 2000 and 2003 for the same price......I don't see how you can justify a new release for the same amount.

And I don't think chuck or emek are doing themselves any favors either. They're essentially mortgaging their future as they are pricing out the entire next generation of fans/poster collectors. Like I said, this isn't a stout/soto issue.....this is a serious problem across the entire industry.
The sky is falling!
Holy fudge. It MUST be a sign of the 2012 The End Times b/c jojo and I actually see eye to eye on this. I seriously don't know how people can even get into this hobby anymore.

And it's not "just flippers" that see this as a problem. I know artists that see it as a problem as well as sane, rational collectors. And if you think the "collectors" in this thread are only collectors and not flippers themselves, you're crazy.
lazk
Art Expert

Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:46 pm

Example - 1989 Ken Griffey Jr. Upper Deck Rookie Card - Then & Now...

Let it begin.
T.K.C.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:54 pm

tj wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
jojobadass wrote:When you can buy vintage PJ a/p's from 2000 and 2003 for the same price......I don't see how you can justify a new release for the same amount.

And I don't think chuck or emek are doing themselves any favors either. They're essentially mortgaging their future as they are pricing out the entire next generation of fans/poster collectors. Like I said, this isn't a stout/soto issue.....this is a serious problem across the entire industry.
The sky is falling!
Holy fudge. It MUST be a sign of the 2012 The End Times b/c jojo and I actually see eye to eye on this. I seriously don't know how people can even get into this hobby anymore.

And it's not "just flippers" that see this as a problem. I know artists that see it as a problem as well as sane, rational collectors. And if you think the "collectors" in this thread are only collectors and not flippers themselves, you're crazy.
This.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:58 pm

vedder76 wrote:
timc wrote:Seems klausen and Ames have maintained there pricing over the years on PJ posters.

Yeah, but Ames sucks. They rehash more posters than anyone I ever seen. If they werent related I would have a hard time believing PJ would still use them.

I would have paid $200 for a couple of those variants, but they sold out before I could get them.
Of course, I dig Ames Bros. more than a lot of gig artists -- Sperry, McPherson, Malleaus, to name a few.
I dig their take on stuff. A lot of humor.
vedder76
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:45 am

sasquatch wrote:
vedder76 wrote:

I would have paid $200 for a couple of those variants, but they sold out before I could get them.
Of course, I dig Ames Bros. more than a lot of gig artists -- Sperry, McPherson, Malleaus, to name a few.

The only one that I would of bought is the Chewy version. I also liked the Zombie v ersion but I was not paying $200. Now that I see what they are selling for I should of bought them. But I guess my flipping game is way off :D
gospar
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:24 am

Glad I got 1st edition from the show

One of the best PJ posters ever

:clap: :clap: :clap:
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:07 pm

sasquatch wrote:
vedder76 wrote:

How do you explain Ames charging $200 for the variants and Shawn Wolfe only charging $70 for his Lizard Queen variant ?
timc
Art Expert

Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:57 pm

ChefFerrari wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
vedder76 wrote:

How do you explain Ames charging $200 for the variants and Shawn Wolfe only charging $70 for his Lizard Queen variant ?
Had no idea he was selling them,(actually never heard of him until this poster) :oops: did not know he had a site! He should have charged more for the variant! imo
Everything woke turns to fudge.
America First.
https://lowfshop.com/