What book(s) are you reading???

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:45 am

I wish there were more book art as prints. I really enjoy some of the art. Especially on older books. Anyone know anywhere where there are 'Book prints' available?
keefdotorg
Art Expert

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:47 am

RadRacing wrote:I wish there were more book art as prints. I really enjoy some of the art. Especially on older books. Anyone know anywhere where there are 'Book prints' available?
Well, there was the Required Reading @ Gallery1988 series. Pretty good stuff. I'm waiting for them to do more.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:54 am

^^^Nice, thanks..some cool stuff there... I hadn't seen some of these before..thanks... let me know if you come across anymore, I'd appreciate it..
MalachiConstant
Art Expert

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:01 pm

keefdotorg wrote:
RadRacing wrote:I wish there were more book art as prints. I really enjoy some of the art. Especially on older books. Anyone know anywhere where there are 'Book prints' available?
Well, there was the Required Reading @ Gallery1988 series. Pretty good stuff. I'm waiting for them to do more.
I was super disappointed in that show. Too much overlap in titles and too few greats. Where was the Twain, Dostoyevsky, Vonnegut (Santora's was less than), Tolstoy, Pullman, and only a single female author represented is pretty sad.
keefdotorg
Art Expert

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:21 pm

MalachiConstant wrote:
keefdotorg wrote:
I was super disappointed in that show. Too much overlap in titles and too few greats. Where was the Twain, Dostoyevsky, Vonnegut (Santora's was less than), Tolstoy, Pullman, and only a single female author represented is pretty sad.
While I agree that it was about 80% crap, there was some gorgeous stuff in there. The Bertmer pieces were the real standouts for me, but there was a lot of pretty good stuff:

That said, I agree with most of your negative points. The variety of authors was a bit lacking, and there were some serious and very visible omissions.

Personally, I'm hoping that at some point, Mr. Jaiden will grace us with an Infinite Jest print. Or an Esao Andrews Crying of Lot 49. Or, god help us, a Zouravliov / Horkey Gravity's Rainbow. A Daniel Danger House of Leaves? Shepard Fairey Mother Night?

I just came. I need to calm down.
mikeyc1023
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:04 pm

mtarail wrote:Image
How is that? I've only read American Gods by him, but heard good things about the rest. My girlfriend is obsessed with him.

Currently re-reading for the first time since high school:
MalachiConstant
Art Expert

Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:51 pm

keefdotorg wrote:
MalachiConstant wrote:
keefdotorg wrote:
While I agree that it was about 80% crap, there was some gorgeous stuff in there. The Bertmer pieces were the real standouts for me, but there was a lot of pretty good stuff:

That said, I agree with most of your negative points. The variety of authors was a bit lacking, and there were some serious and very visible omissions.

Personally, I'm hoping that at some point, Mr. Jaiden will grace us with an Infinite Jest print. Or an Esao Andrews Crying of Lot 49. Or, god help us, a Zouravliov / Horkey Gravity's Rainbow. A Daniel Danger House of Leaves? Shepard Fairey Mother Night?

I just came. I need to calm down.
Bit of a Pynchon fan, eh?
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:54 am

Berenstain Bears
bosephus
Art Expert

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:25 pm

emac wrote:A Canticle for Leibowitz -- http://www.amazon.com/Canticle-Leibowit ... 0060892994

Interesting and thought-provoking post-apocalyptic novel, which should cause immediate consideration regarding the implications it makes about Catholicism (or any religion, really).
Nice! I loved that book.
"I'm a backbone shiver and I'm a bundle of joy."
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:32 pm

Headed to the beach next week with the fam, decided to dive into A Game of Thrones.
Haven't seen the show, either.

Worth it?
jesseindisguise
Art Expert

Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:21 am

wonkabars7 wrote:Headed to the beach next week with the fam, decided to dive into A Game of Thrones.
Haven't seen the show, either.

Worth it?
:drool: :drool:

Yes, you may regret bringing the fam...

Kidding, but once you get going, it's pretty addictive. I'd suggest doing the books first, then binging on the shows later.
Blake wrote:Always Be Tubing.
jesseindisguise
Art Expert

Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:24 am

And in case this is hook-up thread rules, reading Bolaño's Secret of Evil. Posthumous print of unfinished work, but good nonetheless. Would love to see what Lynch could do with this guy's material.
Blake wrote:Always Be Tubing.
bosephus
Art Expert

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:54 am

I’ve been working my way through my design library lately ... with a bit o’ fiction in the mix as well.

Currently reading:

Recently finished:
Image (read this cover to cover)
"I'm a backbone shiver and I'm a bundle of joy."
xN3rDx
Art Expert

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:29 am

Just read through this, highly recommend.
fearless-bfb.jpg
john38103
Art Expert

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:28 am

This book is goddamn incredible. It's an attempt at unraveling the insanity of Sam Israel and his Bayou hedge fund that morphed into a ponzi scheme and then just went completely batshit insane. You won't have to be interested in investing or hedge funds to be enthralled. I guarantee this will be a film in the very near future.

Octopus: Sam Israel, the Secret Market, and Wall Street's Wildest Con