Hush

General art-related discussion.
Tominator
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:11 pm

thebends9 wrote:I wouldnt sweat it.

With so many ppl being +2, there will be quite a few for sale...and when theres plenty the price takes quite a while to take off.
I wouldnt be so sure. Huge demand for these prints - especially in the UK. I added myself to the list over a month ago and they told me there was already a high demand at that point.
KennyRE317
Art Expert

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:20 pm

thebends9 wrote:I wouldnt sweat it.

With so many ppl being +2, there will be quite a few for sale...and when theres plenty the price takes quite a while to take off.
I kind of agree and I purchased both. I bought both because I was given the chance, am I going to keep both? It's a toss up, really need to see it in person to decide, but if the quality is just as good as his other prints I would probably keep both. but at the same time not a lot of hush prints come out in the 2nd hand market

at this size it makes it easy to frame.
bkboy77
Art Expert

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:27 pm

One of the prints that I purchased will definitely get framed. It is quite hard to determine at this point what the market looks like for these prints. But based on the recent sold out show in Australia, I am expecting a lot of demand for these prints.

Did anyone else in Australia get the chance to buy a print over the weekend? I was talking to a lady at Metro last Thursday and she said that they still had them in stock but would not sell outside of Australia/Asia Pacific region.

Seems like a good way to gauge the market.
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
mrkyuss
Art God

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Yep I get one the other day and they still had quite a few in stock. Seems print number 2 was more popular than 1.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
KennyRE317
Art Expert

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:42 pm

bkboy77 wrote:One of the prints that I purchased will definitely get framed. It is quite hard to determine at this point what the market looks like for these prints. But based on the recent sold out show in Australia, I am expecting a lot of demand for these prints.

Did anyone else in Australia get the chance to buy a print over the weekend? I was talking to a lady at Metro last Thursday and she said that they still had them in stock but would not sell outside of Australia/Asia Pacific region.

I think there would be less demand out in Australia and Asia than in the states and eu. I think white walls is sold out but then again I can't confirm it either. If someone who signed up on the list and didn't get a chance to purchase could chime in it would confirm whether or not it sold out
bkboy77
Art Expert

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:03 pm

Thanks for the reply, mrkyuss. Good to know that info.

I thought it was an online drop for onethirty3.com. I actually thought about taking that route just in case I did not make the list at White Walls.
expresspost
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:36 pm

As of today at Metro, 4 left of Print 1, and 6 left of Print 2.

By any standard, it is a well produced print with 24 screens and 2 varnishes. I know of giclees that sell for more.
chan011
Art Expert

Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:50 pm

just made payment for my 2 prints at whitewalls. good chance that ill sell one of them due to budget constraints if anyone is interested in either
KennyRE317
Art Expert

Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:51 pm

chan011 wrote:just made payment for my 2 prints at whitewalls. good chance that ill sell one of them due to budget constraints if anyone is interested in either
so looks like they're still going through the list at white walls
bkboy77
Art Expert

Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:03 pm

Has anyone called White Walls recently to inquire about availability?
aky90be
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:35 pm

I did and they are going through the list slowly but surely
"...youre not actually looking at Schulz-Neudamm's tones and lines, youre looking at a jpg of those tones and lines run through a photoshop filter to make them simpler for a simpler printing method. so... superior? ..."

DD -2013
chan011
Art Expert

Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:12 pm

KennyRE317 wrote:
chan011 wrote:just made payment for my 2 prints at whitewalls. good chance that ill sell one of them due to budget constraints if anyone is interested in either
so looks like they're still going through the list at white walls
i got an email last week and just made my payment today. considering i inquired about these prints the beginning of May i dont know they held a pair of prints for me or what since i just had to call confirm my cc info
Devours
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:08 pm

bkboy77 wrote:One of the prints that I purchased will definitely get framed. It is quite hard to determine at this point what the market looks like for these prints. But based on the recent sold out show in Australia, I am expecting a lot of demand for these prints.

I bought two from Metro and she said that 43 had already sold, so no doubt these will be all gone shortly. Congrats to those that scored. :)
Drink Life

Image T.K.C.
bkboy77
Art Expert

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Thanks for the updates fellas. I hope that every beaner makes it on that list at White Walls. So excited to see this in person. 24 colors + 2 varnishes = :drool:
Tominator
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:00 pm

These are gonna be the prints of the year when they are in hand.

Gonna be a lot of people dissapointed in the UK when these drop online but i think it is decent that they created some pre-order lists rather than just throwing them all online for a free for all.