BEE 07 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jjbehren
Flipper

Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:22 am

I'll throw this out there...

I got one and I hit 'send' exactly when the clock in the link that nowhere sent out hit 2:00:00. I use hotmail and can't see my exact time stamp.

really, it's a crapshoot. Depends on when they get the email. Too many variables.
brewer247
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:28 am

rssesq wrote:some weird fudge. i got an email from nowwhere but it was a click and ship notification for usps.

Anyone else get this? :?:
I got this, but looking closer, it was a shipment notification from the Jermaine prints I scored last week! Did you get those as well?
morecoffee
Art Expert

Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:34 am

I'm not too computer savy but I know how to use AtomTime. Sending a request at the specified time has never worked for me. I have yet to score a poster through any of the email sales.

As long as the time works for me and I like the poster, I'll keep trying.

Enjoy it if you got it. :)
philaarts
Art Expert

Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:55 am

they need a lottery system.. all emails get a lottery number, they pick at random..

oh... IMHO
the new posters added to our site = www.philaarts.blogspot.com

our site= www.philaarts.com

our team= www.philadelphiaeagles.com
ricv64
Art Expert

Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:56 am

more comments then actually number of prints
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
Solar
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:04 pm

I have terrible luck with email sales, so I set up an email from hotmail on my laptop and an email from my work address on my desktop and clicked send with each hand, exactly as the GMT web clock hit 2PM. EXACTLY.

I got a print from the hotmail addy and not from the work addy. I think all 150 were sold in that first second of 2PM.
walterfredo
Art Expert

Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:15 pm

This is the art print that should be getting all the hype right now.....

The wood Dragon blows this subpar bee art print (which nobody will actually frame) out of the water. Don't get me wrong…I know why there is 25 pages (and counting) about the Bee….everyone wants one to flip. Very few went for this to keep, including myself! This Emek stuff has gotten so out of control….so much so that a mediocre print like this Bee gets so much hype.
Last edited by walterfredo on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sir_smokealot
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:15 pm

philaarts wrote:they need a lottery system.. all emails get a lottery number, they pick at random..

oh... IMHO
i agree with this.
rssesq
Art Expert

Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:16 pm

brewer247 wrote:
rssesq wrote:some weird fudge. i got an email from nowwhere but it was a click and ship notification for usps.

Anyone else get this? :?:
I got this, but looking closer, it was a shipment notification from the Jermaine prints I scored last week! Did you get those as well?
Ya mine had Jermaine in it as well but the only jermaine i bought from nowhere was 6 months ago the Gazetito or whateva the phunck it was called.
coxgt
Art Expert

Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:22 pm

sir_smokealot wrote:
philaarts wrote:they need a lottery system.. all emails get a lottery number, they pick at random..

oh... IMHO
i agree with this.
Just playing the devil advocate, BUT
Then wouldn't we have people opening up a thousand yahoo accounts and using them all in the lottery.
NEVER DEAL WITH TOM MINARCHICK!(aka, fuedalist_tart on EBAY. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST.PM IF YOU NEED DETAILS.
Codeblue wrote:Taper has finally jumped the shark.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:23 pm

eddievedderspants wrote:
Flimby wrote:
Crap wrote:sometimes it takes time for your sent email to hit their server. i sent mine at 1:59:49 and got in. twice.
further proof that email sales blow
Agreed. I sent in at 1:59:57 and got zippy. If I had waited 3 seconds would it have mattered?
Yes, it mattered, for I sent EXACTLY at 2pm and got nothing... email sales blow...............
sabotage
Art Expert

Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:25 pm

I got one and have never had luck sending at the exact moment. To score this one I pressed the send button about 20 seconds early. Did the same when I scored the 10kl :twisted:
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:26 pm

walterfredo wrote:This is the art print that should be getting all the hype right now.....

The wood Dragon blows this subpar bee art print (which nobody will actually frame) out of the water. Don't get me wrong…I know why there is 25 pages (and counting) about the Bee….everyone wants one to flip. Very few went for this to keep, including myself! This Emek stuff has gotten so out of control….so much so that a mediocre print like this Bee gets so much hype.
Totally agree......... bee with a fart mask doesnt compare, add in the sale garbage, have to wonder.........
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:28 pm

jjbehren
Flipper

Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:33 pm

walterfredo wrote:This is the art print that should be getting all the hype right now.....

I like the Wood Dragon, but I'm not a fan of recycled show prints as art prints. I don't think I own one (if you don't count handbills). I can't put my finger on exactly why. I guess I'd rather see an original piece, which is what the Bee is.