Celebration 12 Mr. Brainwash Release Discussion 05/10/12

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri May 25, 2012 7:39 pm

timc wrote:dig it!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Fri May 25, 2012 7:42 pm

HTG- thank you!!!!!!!
Love it! :clap:
He should have done the dribble in silver instead of pink.
Can't wait to get mine!
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri May 25, 2012 7:44 pm

Welcome Otto.

Not a fan, here. I love halftone lines and dots and when artists utilize them in prints. The pattern on this one though drymounted up too much of the appearance. The eye and eyelashes on the right look really bad. Her nose looks horrible and almost Micheal Jackson-ish. And her teeth look like they belong to Ol Dirty Bastard and almost seems like she's got a grill.

I couldn't stare at it everyday.

Lastly, doesn't seem like the splatter adds to it. I know it's an MBW trademark but it's so minor that it appears as he just kind of took a brush and went 'eh'.

$.02.

:wink:
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
bugula
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 25, 2012 8:06 pm

Gah. Was hoping for more splatter to give a better punch to the print. Gonna be rethinking framing this. :(
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri May 25, 2012 8:08 pm

bugula wrote:Gah. Was hoping for more splatter to give a better punch to the print. Gonna be rethinking framing this. :(
If you float it on a pink mat or do some deep/wide pink spacers it might be a good enough punch for it.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri May 25, 2012 8:10 pm

ottomatik71 wrote:HTG- thank you!!!!!!!
Can't wait to get mine!
R, you got one?! :clap: :pint:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
phubar2
Art Expert

Fri May 25, 2012 8:18 pm

That's a weak ass "splash" for sure.
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Fri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
ottomatik71 wrote:HTG- thank you!!!!!!!
Can't wait to get mine!
R, you got one?! :clap: :pint:
I did!
An awesome member here let me have it shipped for $475!!! :clap: :clap:
As I mentioned earlier, no need for my PB to feel guilt.
I'd still have you as my PB anyday!

And it IS getting framed ASAP!
Subtle
Art Expert

Sat May 26, 2012 4:58 am

Sometimes the Brainwash camp just hits homeruns. This is one of them. I think my favorite Brainwash to date. I am going to eventually get the black on color one framed for the keeping. I think it far outdoes the Black and White, however the B&W is dope in itself.

pretty dope little splash on this, extends down close to left eye, can't really tell from the pic.

more detail of splash

This is the dopest. Black on color. super tight colors up close, and the farther back you get the more subtle they become. Love it. Going to frame and keep this one.
Codeblue wrote:Nevermind, I confused myself.
rhythmgtr5
Art Expert

Sat May 26, 2012 9:14 am

i wonder why he didnt splash the lower right corner? interesting choice
applehead
Art Expert

Sat May 26, 2012 3:00 pm

those both look great. i'm new to this mbw guy/group? i love Modonna and was thinking of buying it but the price was detering to me. I really like the colored one. great pics. i wonder why there is no splash on the colored oens. I just breezed through his creations and I like Cover Girl, the Ali, Elvis, and Hendrix prints, but other than the pop art icons that he has used, I really dont get the other stuff. i was shocked to see some of the price history for some of his stuff. looking back 250 wasnt bad, not i'll never own this since i see its going for 500-600. oh well, live and learn for sure. i wish there was a page on expressobeans.com that had hot artists, similar to how there are hot prints of the day. is this on here and i cant find it?
opence
Art Expert

Mon May 28, 2012 9:44 pm

If you want to find the artis around here that people seem to like more than others you should just go to the art discussion forum. Most of the more popular artist around here have their own thread. I.e. Jeremy Geddes, Ashley Wood, Josh Keyes, Aaron Horkey(dead arts), Banksy, Brainwash, Dolk, Saber, Invader, Emek, Olly Moss and so on and so on.

Well not sure if all of them have their own thread.
Harry Dunn wrote:OK gang, you know the rules, no humping, no licking, no sniffing hineys.
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue May 29, 2012 2:37 am

Subtle wrote: Image

This is the dopest. Black on color. super tight colors up close, and the farther back you get the more subtle they become. Love it. Going to frame and keep this one.
:drool:

Just wow....it looks great!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
ejg904
Art Expert

Tue May 29, 2012 2:46 am

that black and color is an absolute stunner :drool:

it's crazy how much that subtle color adds to the image - really makes it pop
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
xN3rDx
Art Expert

Tue May 29, 2012 2:50 am

ejg904 wrote:that black and color is an absolute stunner :drool:

it's crazy how much that subtle color adds to the image - really makes it pop
Yeah, I want that one badly.